NCPD Scanners/Gigs

Reminace

You don't have to complete story, just have level 50 street cred and all gigs and ncpd scanners will pop on your map. However some will appear after completing others and some will require you to go outside that particular district to complete (usually just to collect something)

Only thing I have left to platinum is scanners and gigs but I stopped playing before doing any. I read about so many bugs with them and trophies not popping. If I follow this advice is this foolproof for me to get back to the game and get all of them, or are some legitimately broken and need to wait out a patch? 

I needed two playthroughs because bugged gigs carry over across saves. So updates are NOT fixing gig scripting retroactively.

First, reach Street  Cred 50 and complete main story up to mission  "Ghost Town".

My method was:

-Approach Gig, and wait fot the briefing by the fixer.

- Upon completing, wait for debriefing BEFORE engaging next gig

- If debriefing doesn't show, you might be in combat mode. Go to a safe area.

- If you get the proper debriefing, save and move on.

ARIXANDRE.png

Edited by ARIXANDRE
Edit
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MrMcGuyver377 said:

Only thing I have left to platinum is scanners and gigs but I stopped playing before doing any. I read about so many bugs with them and trophies not popping. If I follow this advice is this foolproof for me to get back to the game and get all of them, or are some legitimately broken and need to wait out a patch? 

I was able to get it on the ps4 the most buggy version... so I really think most of these reports are from people that are missing something and not bugged out... sure there is a chance that it will legitimately glitch out but following peoples steps above should help you get it

Edited by Reminace
  • Like 1

Keep in mind that sometimes you just need to send message to Regina to complete gig, or to loot a briefcase from location on the other side of city. Also look into your shards and search for city district you are not getting trophy from (colour logo on the left).

I did not come through any bugs related to these trophies. Good luck everyone

2 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

Hi everyone :) I have a problem ... in the heywood neighborhood I have one of the three criminal activities (blue skull on the map) that when I complete it I don't get the "job completed" message, I'm afraid this thing could block my trophy. Has anyone happened?

There might be one random enemy you are missing. Also, be sure to check your map once you’ve cleared it. A few times I didn’t get the job complete notification but it had been cleared off my map and I was able to get my trophy for the area without issue.

5 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

Hi everyone :) I have a problem ... in the heywood neighborhood I have one of the three criminal activities (blue skull on the map) that when I complete it I don't get the "job completed" message, I'm afraid this thing could block my trophy. Has anyone happened?

I am experiencing something similar to this but on the east side of Westbrook. There is a factory with a lot of enemies and turrets that I completely cleared and the mission is just there. I looted the small container, I killed every single enemy, and the mission will not complete. 

1 hour ago, Iksde said:

I am experiencing something similar to this but on the east side of Westbrook. There is a factory with a lot of enemies and turrets that I completely cleared and the mission is just there. I looted the small container, I killed every single enemy, and the mission will not complete. 

If this is the same place I`ve encountered, in that compound there is in the back a big hangar with one huge robot enemy, after defeating this dude my mission ended. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrimsonCat21 said:

There might be one random enemy you are missing. Also, be sure to check your map once you’ve cleared it. A few times I didn’t get the job complete notification but it had been cleared off my map and I was able to get my trophy for the area without issue.

Something similar happened to me in another area, I couldn't find the last enemy but the mission remained. Once he found it, he completed it for me. Now instead I defeat everyone, the icon disappears from the map but does not give me the message "job completed".

However now I complete all the other things leaving that for last and see if I unlock the trophy. I am very worried xD

Edited by Siriodorione

Finally completed all Scanners & Gigs. My advice is to make sure the blue icons disappear and that the gig reads as completed before you move on. If you don't get this, reload checkpoint... i had some blue markers not disappearing on me and had to reload few times to make it work, specially those ? That lead to new missions

On 28.12.2020 at 9:30 AM, Radebe78 said:

If this is the same place I`ve encountered, in that compound there is in the back a big hangar with one huge robot enemy, after defeating this dude my mission ended. 

Thank you so much for this. I somehow did not go to the hangar.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a different experience to most people here so I figured I'd share it:

I have all the scanner & gig trophies despite while still only being on the first set of main missions of Act 2. I've done the main questline with Panam, I've done the main questline with Judy, I just have Down the Street with Takamura left to do.

I've done every possible side quest available to me at this point in the game, bought all the cars, won all races, fought all 17 psychopaths etc. I've even found 2 pieces of Johnny's gear (Boots & Trousers) that I came across while doing the side quests.

I have 3 quests remaining, 1 main one which is Down the Street & 2 side quests, the one to talk to Regina after beating all 17 Psychopaths, I just need more time to pass before she'll talk to me & I have a quest which won't progress any further as it involves ringing a Bes Isis who won't answer the phone yet but I suspect this requires story progression (the quest log even says to clear more missions until Bes Isis is available to call).

So with all that in mind, either some of mine popped early or you don't actually have to wait until the point of no return to get them, everything required is available as soon as the lockdown lifts.

I'm also still playing on patch 1.05, apart from crashes, that version of the game has run fantastically for me so I didn't see any point in risking updating until after I was finished and given that patch 1.1 has apparently broken Down the Street, I'm very glad I didn't.

I did everything my map opened up for me to do, once act 2 started last weekend, at that i got most area trophys done

The Wasteland(Badlands)

Mean Streets(Heywood)

The Jungle(Santa Domingo)

City Lights(City Central)

and was confused of course as Watson, Pacifica and Westbrook ain't popped up

aside from 3 main quests(Judy, Afterlife, Takemura) i only have 2 side quests open, all c<berpsychos(1 missing) and the boxing one where i have to wait for a call and few cars

map checked over and over, day and nights, but nothing new. after doing some story for judy, i got a few new side missions, one actually then popped the Watson trophy too, making Pacifica and Westbrook left for me

i guess i continue story for now and check after missions if something new popped up to do

I completed everything that was on the map for me in Watson and no trophy. I figured, eh whatever. Maybe it will pop later as I'm doing the other areas. Maybe one that started in Watson continued in another area. Tonight I was wondering if there was a good smart sniper and looked it up. Apparently you can get the crafting spec for a legendary one right next to a gig you can do in Watson. I thought, "Strange, I don't remember that gig." and went to the area. Sure enough, when I got close Regina called me to start the gig. It never appeared on my map until after she gave me the gig. Not as a ? or a !. The gig was "Small Man, Big Evil". Once I completed that gig (and got my crafting spec I was originally after), I noticed another gig appeared on my map not far from it, called "Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy". After completing that gig, I got the trophy for doing all gigs in Watson.

So my advice is if you are having issues getting any of these trophies to pop, if you have read all shards, then look up a complete list of gigs somewhere online (like here or here) and check to make sure you find them all under your "Completed" in the Journal. It's a pain, because there are so many of them, but better than just running around the entire map hoping one eventually pops up.

i got all of these trophys by now, one ncpd scanner came sometime after the main mission in the mall in pacifica, and only this weekend i coincidentally noticed a scanner mission in westbrook, after finishing popping that one too. so my plan of just continuing helped me at least

getting close to finally finishing the story, then not much left, pretty much settled for all endings, only need to fnished the now started storyline from Kerry, finishing story + all endings and then the longer taking all cars/skill lv 20 ones to wrap up the plat on my normal ps4.

i think 2 cars and 3 levels for the skill for shotguns/Light machineguns left, should fighted more often random gang members but i got kinda "I want to finish it finally"-mode, well, after next week i have vacation, so next weekend and week after i probably get plat if nothing stops me