How good is the game

MarcancooL

Hey guys,

I don't think there is a topic about that, so how good is the game?

There is a nice discount for Christmas so it would be a good time to get it. I loved Watch Dogs, and I found Watch Dogs 2 fine but I prefered Aiden Pearce from Marcus.

Also, are DLCs coming soon? I wouldn't get the Gold edition unless there are DLCs with trophies.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Its alright I guess. I never played Watch Dogs 1 but played WD2 and absolutely loved it, so maybe considering how different it is for us you'll love this game. Personally I didn't. 

Just a reminder though that this is my opinion, so it doesn't mean that you'll feel the same op, nor does it mean I'm disregarding the opinions of anyone who loved or hated this game. 

Gameplay wise there isn't much to rave about, there are quite a few improvements here and there from WD2, and the concept of being able to control any character you want up to a specific number) is a really cool idea. But I found myself only sticking to one or two characters throughout the entire game, rather than the ideal approach of using specific characters for specific areas/missions. Maybe depending on your playstyle you'll enjoy this feature more but I didn't. 

Story wise again, nothing really great here. There is only one antagonist that I genuinely kind of liked, for the sole reason that they have a decent amount of screentime and, unlike a lot of other characters (antags and protags alike) their actor was actually pretty good. (Then again, I've never been good at judging acting so maybe I'm completely wrong in this regard.). I think the major problem with the game is there are too many villains, where I can barely remember their name, motives and what they actually did to be a villain. Again, this is my opinion and maybe some people really like having multiple antagonists but I don't. 

I don't really remember the game's soundtrack all too well so I can't really comment on that but for the radio, it's got some variety. A lot of classical music, a Gorillaz song which is always a win, and I recognised a couple other songs here and there. Also I really liked the podcasts on the radio, they felt really realistic and were quite interesting. 

I've probably made these elements of the game sound a lot worse than they actually are, I didn't hate the game, nor is it bad per se, but I think the reason I don't love this game is it feels fairly generic. In a game where you can control any character you want in a country that I kind of recognise quite well, where some parts of the game feel almost apocolyptic, the game just feels like every other open-world game. It really shouldn't. 

Of course, however, it isn't a Ubisoft game without glitches. If you want a good idea of some glitches then I would recommend Quite Shallow's video. Personally, I haven't ran into too many glitches but the ones I have ran into are fairly annoying. One made my screen became barely visible, which was caused by switching cameras at the exact same time the game forced my out of it. This one I could fix by dying. The other glitch was an airwalk kind of glitch. I only got it to work by doing borough missions, and when you have to do the final one for each borough sometimes the game glitches on you and doesn't let you continue unless you quit out first. Instead of quitting out I found that by jumping on a vehicle at the same moment it started going forward would make you fall off but instead of falling you'd be stuck in mid-air, and by holding the hack button you could move around. The only way to fix this is by quitting out. 

So, for me, there was nothing major or game breaking exactly, just some annoyances. But as other people have stated in other forums, the trophies are pretty glitched. I have drank at all the pubs and won all dart games and still not received either trophy, so be prepared to be screwed over by that. 

Overall, I'd probably recommend this game but only if it's on sale at a really good price. Otherwise, you can probably pass on it. 

Holy shit this was way longer than it should've been ahaha sorry. 

Edit: The Titan made me realise how good this games radio could have, no, should have been. As a pretty big fan of some Prog Rock Bands it's disappointing to not hear any of them in this game. At least from my playtime, I haven't heard a single song from Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd or Genesis, all of whom are English bands and the first three all originate from London. 

Obviously it can be really difficult to buy the license for songs but come on, they could've got a couple of popular English Band's songs. The Heavy is another great English band whose songs could've been great in this game. Oh well. 

Edited by TerminatarMnA
No Emperor Crimson or To Be Continued, 0/10
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TerminatarMnA said:

Its alright I guess. I never played Watch Dogs 1 but played WD2 and absolutely loved it, so maybe considering how different it is for us you'll love this game. Personally I didn't. 

Just a reminder though that this is my opinion, so it doesn't mean that you'll feel the same op, nor does it mean I'm disregarding the opinions of anyone who loved or hated this game. 

Gameplay wise there isn't much to rave about, there are quite a few improvements here and there from WD2, and the concept of being able to control any character you want up to a specific number) is a really cool idea. But I found myself only sticking to one or two characters throughout the entire game, rather than the ideal approach of using specific characters for specific areas/missions. Maybe depending on your playstyle you'll enjoy this feature more but I didn't. 

Story wise again, nothing really great here. There is only one antagonist that I genuinely kind of liked, for the sole reason that they have a decent amount of screentime and, unlike a lot of other characters (antags and protags alike) their actor was actually pretty good. (Then again, I've never been good at judging acting so maybe I'm completely wrong in this regard.). I think the major problem with the game is there are too many villains, where I can barely remember their name, motives and what they actually did to be a villain. Again, this is my opinion and maybe some people really like having multiple antagonists but I don't. 

I don't really remember the game's soundtrack all too well so I can't really comment on that but for the radio, it's got some variety. A lot of classical music, a Gorillaz song which is always a win, and I recognised a couple other songs here and there. Also I really liked the podcasts on the radio, they felt really realistic and were quite interesting. 

I've probably made these elements of the game sound a lot worse than they actually are, I didn't hate the game, nor is it bad per se, but I think the reason I don't love this game is it feels fairly generic. In a game where you can control any character you want in a country that I kind of recognise quite well, where some parts of the game feel almost apocolyptic, the game just feels like every other open-world game. It really shouldn't. 

Of course, however, it isn't a Ubisoft game without glitches. If you want a good idea of some glitches then I would recommend Quite Shallow's video. Personally, I haven't ran into too many glitches but the ones I have ran into are fairly annoying. One made my screen became barely visible, which was caused by switching cameras at the exact same time the game forced my out of it. This one I could fix by dying. The other glitch was an airwalk kind of glitch. I only got it to work by doing borough missions, and when you have to do the final one for eaxh borough sometimes the game glitches on you and doesn't let you continue unless you quit out first. Instead of quitting out I found that by jumping on a vehicle at the same moment it started going forward would make you fall off but instead of falling you'd be stuck in mid-air, and by holding the hack button you could move around. The only way to fix this is by quitting out. 

So, for me, there was nothing major or game breaking exactly, just some annoyances. But as other peopek have stated in other forums, the trophies are pretty glitched. I have drank at all the pubs and won all dart games and still not received either trophy, so be prepared to be screwed over by that. 

Overall, I'd probably recommend this game but only if it's on sale at a really good price. Otherwise, you can probably pass on it. 

Holy shit this was way longer than it should've been ahaha sorry. 

Np mate, pretty interesting to read what you have to say! Since I have a lot of games to play I would not mind waiting a little while to make sure everything is fixed, there will be more sales in the future anyway. I didn't know there were so many bugs, the average completion of the game is above 40% so it sounded like a non-challenging straightforward platinum which is sad in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I absolutely hated this game. It was fine at first, but the recruit gimmick got old really quick and then you realize none of your team members really have any sort of personality to speak of. It feels soulless and the world feels very bland. It has fewer features in it than Watch Dogs 2.

On top of all that, the trophies track only for each specific character. So....you have to spend 100,000 ETO with one character, and if you didn't know that at the start (like me) then you have to grind a shitton for more money at the end when you should have the trophy. 

Seriously, don't buy this game or play it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

You know I have WD1 and WD2 but never got far enough into them, I can grab a copy Legion now for 13$, is it worth it? or would it make its way to Ps Plus? Also I dont see any DLC for it and its been 8months....if there is DLC might have to look for gold edition instead.

I finally bought it and the story is not amazing at all. The game itself has good options (you can play as anyone and some hacking features are nice), but the storyline is meh and the charism of the characters is even worse, they all have robotic emotionless voices... But it's an easy platinum haha

For the DLCs I think some are coming pretty soon, but I have no idea if there will be trophies     

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just played the DLC, now THAT'S a story worth playing. I truly believe - even if it was a nice feature - that playing with anyone is not a good idea for the main story as you can't get ''close'' to a character, especially in this game where they all got no charism with a robotic voice.

Honestly I recommend buying DLC unless you hated Aiden in the first game of the franchise - which I loved.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the game for 10 euros and i am a big fan lf watch dogs ( bought the 2 first part as collector edition even ) but this 3rd part is really bad. The gameplay is nothing different as the previous episode but the story is really boring and the gadget useless for most of them. Some characters have special talent but i was missing the feeling of growing in power.lucky the game was cheap , i can platine the game soon. For the online mode , it is like the previous episode , very boring ( ok maybe as the solo mode was bad for me , i didnt enjoyed the multiplayer mode too)