Avoid glitched trophies on ps5

seblegamer

30 minutes ago, O8_AwakedDevil said:

So for the throwdown events, without a backup save  where the last one is locked, you are doomed to start all over again?

Closing the game and just restart it won't work with this one?

No cause when you just restart the game, all events are already unlocked ... so how could you reproduce the event making the trophy pop ? :(

Maybe if you know exactly which race made the last showdown unlock ... then you could retry to win this specific race and see if it unlock the trophy ... but i didn't try myself so can't say if it could work ^^

Edited by seblegamer

Think I’m gonna wait ‘till a new update drops ?

still got some other games waiting to be played and the 1000 miles trophy is also bugged for me.

I completed the career, 100 laps on the first arizona map, played some playground maps, completed the last chapter for the second time and still nothing.

I love the dirt series, but this one is testing my patience on a whole new level ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, O8_AwakedDevil said:

Think I’m gonna wait ‘till a new update drops 1f605.png

still got some other games waiting to be played and the 1000 miles trophy is also bugged for me.

I completed the career, 100 laps on the first arizona map, played some playground maps, completed the last chapter for the second time and still nothing.

I love the dirt series, but this one is testing my patience on a whole new level 1f605.png

You'll need 210 laps at Foci di Giovo for the trophy to pop. It's not bugged, it's just massive...

On 23/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, seblegamer said:

Hello,

I already put this advice in the "Glitched trophies" thread, but i keep seeing people being screwed by this game because they didnt know what to do to avoid glitched trophies ... so here it is ! Just follow those steps to be fine and get your platinum ^^

=> When you are supposed to get a trophy and it doesnt pop (for example when you finish a chapter), just close / restart game and do the requirement again, trophy will just pop fine :)

For example, if you didnt unlock a chapter trophy, after close / restart game, just do on of the last race of chapter again, and the trophy will just unlock fine :) 

=> You should make a backup save on cloud (PS+ required ! Sadly for now you can't put your save on an usb key on PS5 ..) when you only have 1 locked showdown event left.

So if trophy doesnt pop when last Showdown event unlock, you can just reload your save and try again !

It's the only way i found to get the trophy !!!

It glitched on me at first, and even if i did a backup, i thought i needed to do all those Showdown events ! After winning all fo them ... i DIDN'T got trophy -_-'

So getting my save back and unlocking last showdown event again was what make the trophy finally pop for me !

If you didn't get it when it should ... and don't have a backup save, you have to do the game again from 0 :( (or hoping for a patch ... which will unlock it retroactively)

=> About the 1000 miles trophy, because once again you can't track how many miles you have done, here is how i got it : I did ALL events in solo part to unlock main trophies ... then when everything else was done (except the 1000 miles trophy), i just went to Arcade mode, took first Arizona race (the oval track), put the race to 50 laps, with no IA, and it took me close to 30 full races to unlock the 1000 miles trophy !!! 1 race takes a little more than 10 minutes to be done (if you drive yourself ... you can use rubber banding of course, but it will take more time if you bump into walls ^^'). So you still need A LOT of grinding before it unlocks ><

Hope it will help people unlock the plat even if trophies are still not working as they should on PS5 ^^

Have fun and good game :) 

How do I know the requirements for unlocking the last throwdown?

12 hours ago, AlesXXVI said:

I can confirm it wasn't completing, but close to unlocking 120 races. Either way, it's glitched and I didn't get the trophy. 

It was indeed close to a 120 races, it didn’t unlock for me the first time, but after going a second time through the career, it popped for me.

So the method in the first post is very usefull if it didn’t unlock the first time.

Just upload you’re savefile to the cloud before unlocking the last throwdown, if your trophy didn’t unlock, reload your last savefile and try again.

• 1 month later...

Completely missed this thread but saw it when Deluziion brought it back so thanks for that haha. Was looking for any information I could regarding the 1,000 miles trophy.

On 23/12/2020 at 9:15 AM, seblegamer said:

=> About the 1000 miles trophy, because once again you can't track how many miles you have done, here is how i got it : I did ALL events in solo part to unlock main trophies ... then when everything else was done (except the 1000 miles trophy), i just went to Arcade mode, took first Arizona race (the oval track), put the race to 50 laps, with no IA, and it took me close to 30 full races to unlock the 1000 miles trophy !!! 1 race takes a little more than 10 minutes to be done (if you drive yourself ... you can use rubber banding of course, but it will take more time if you bump into walls ^^'). So you still need A LOT of grinding before it unlocks ><

So just wanted to extend this part of the information for a different route you can take.

Like Seble, I completed everything else before then going for the 1,000 miles trophy. I ended up doing it via Time Trial but at the Oval Track too. Thanks to your info it helped me work out how long and how many times I'd have to redo the Time Trial process.

Time Trial lasts for about an hour I think before it automatically ends. (Don't worry, it still counts your miles.) If you're driving yourself, you can do laps in the 11/12 seconds range. Meaning you can do approx 5 laps in one minute. Aka approx 300 laps an hour.

Thanks to Seble's information I could see that it'll take about 1,500 laps of the track. Therefore I knew it would take approx 5 more hours to get the trophy, which for me it did!

Hopefully my maths is right. If not then amazing how it coincidentally worked out still haha! ?

But yeah, there you go if anyone wants to follow that method. So after completing the Career and everything, it should take approx 5 more hours to get the 1,000 miles trophy. Still a bit of a grind, but nothing compared to what Grid was! Haha. Thanks again to @seblegamer for their information that helped me work that out. ?

Edited by SolidNinjaSnake
  • Like 1