The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

On 25-1-2021 at 8:09 AM, Copanele said:

Big congrats for that one! That Priceless trophy was the true bane of my existence also.

What was your main when going for Golden League? :D 

Yeah it was quite the grind. I'm pretty curious how this trophy used to be in the past when there were less characters available. Less characters means less trials and less survival runs, so maybe the 1M FM was even more tedious to obtain. Also no ability to rematch in survival, which seems like a pain as well.

My main is Akuma. I like playing as the shoto characters. I choose Akuma in particular because he has high damage output and has some additional moves that other characters don't have. Like the air firebal and the demon rush ultimate. Or well, maybe the Kage guy has it too I'm not too sure.. he looked very similar to Akuma, but I liked Akuma more. Quite a few sources I checked on regarding best character to use in Street Fighter V also listed Akuma as being a top tier character, so I just had to get him :D.

On 25-1-2021 at 1:21 PM, Static_Rook said:

Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment.

SFV is on my list to get done this year (I'll probably put it in Tier 2 or 3 for this challenge)  and I'm kind of dreading it.

Good luck. I recommend to practice a lot and watch a lot of videos. It's important to master your combo's and know how to punish other players. A lot of players in the lower ranks tend to jump a lot. This leaves them vulnerable for you to attack. If you can consistently manage to anti-air them you can hit silver league in no time. After reaching silver league players will start to make less of these mistakes. At this point its just all about practice (clean inputs) and knowing your opponent moveset and when you can punish them. Keep trying and you'll reach golden league eventually :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Floriiss said:

Yeah it was quite the grind. I'm pretty curious how this trophy used to be in the past when there were less characters available. Less characters means less trials and less survival runs, so maybe the 1M FM was even more tedious to obtain. Also no ability to rematch in survival, which seems like a pain as well.

My main is Akuma. I like playing as the shoto characters. I choose Akuma in particular because he has high damage output and has some additional moves that other characters don't have. Like the air firebal and the demon rush ultimate. Or well, maybe the Kage guy has it too I'm not too sure.. he looked very similar to Akuma, but I liked Akuma more. Quite a few sources I checked on regarding best character to use in Street Fighter V also listed Akuma as being a top tier character, so I just had to get him :D.

Ah Akuma, always an awesome choice. Yep he is a top tier for sure, but he requires quite some mastery. Kage ain't that good unfortunately, he is just a not-as-good Evil Ryu from SF4. I mean sure he is flashy but he's severely limited compared to Akuma.

Before, in Season 1, there were many more mission modes that gave you a lot of FM from what I recall. Also completing the story mode used to give you a ton of FM. Capcom ofc removed them because people could grind those way too easily and not PAY for those sexy Chun Li costumes.

Survival mode was way more brutal however xD if you died, you died.

• Like 1

Just wanna say hello guys today :) I hope you're all well and have fun playing games :) I haven't earned a new trophy for this event yet but i did make a bit progress in Yu-Gi-Oh Millennium Duels for which i still have to beat like 25% of the campaign to get the next trophy. I just need to play the game, but unfortunately i'm very busy with other games. Especially with EDF 4.1 which is a super long grind. I cannot put it on the list for this event as i expect to play EDF for at least the entirety of the year :D  probably even more. If a similar event is hosted in 2022 or 2023 i'll put it up on the list :):D

• Like 3

The Priceless trophy was slightly easier because more fight money was rewarded.  If you were good enough, you'd have well over one million with just everyone involved in season one.  That could have been done in maybe ten hours? It's not hard to reach gold.  Work on your fundamentals, practice properly, and at you'll be at worst a diamond player.  

There are definitely top tier characters in the game, but tiers don't matter if you're better than your opponent.  Just choose someone who fits your style the the best.  It's been a while since I played SFV, but Dan is coming.  Maybe I should hit Grand Master ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

It's been a while since I played SFV, but Dan is coming. 

Ah shit and I just deleted the game. Should reinstall for Saikyo glory. 

29 minutes ago, AuburnDRM said:

Reporting in with a new name (from GamFreak146) and my tier 2 completion! Numblast had me worried for a bit, but after some practice, I was finally able to finish it. The target was Lv.50, but I was able to go a tiny bit further once all of the stress of finishing Lv.50 was gone. It's definitely a weight off my shoulders to finish this after starting it back in 2010. The playtime is in minutes, so losing previous runs at 49, 45, 40+, etc was a bit disappointing. Overall, I'd still recommend it if you're into arcade puzzle games with unique mechanics even though the time investment per endless run can be a bit high.

bEOcpVk.png

• Numblast (2.90%) :gold: (New)
  • Joe Danger - Vita (1.68%) :gold:
  • Sparkle 2 - PS4 (3.39%) :gold: (New)
  • Iconoclasts - PS4 (2.13%) :gold:
  • OlliOlli (1.63%) :gold:

I'm going to chill a bit with some more relaxed games and hopefully figure out my next tier sometime this week.

Ayo tier 3 already? You truly blasting through those, congrats xD

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 2:56 AM, grimydawg___ said:

The Priceless trophy was slightly easier because more fight money was rewarded.  If you were good enough, you'd have well over one million with just everyone involved in season one.  That could have been done in maybe ten hours? It's not hard to reach gold.  Work on your fundamentals, practice properly, and at you'll be at worst a diamond player.  

There are definitely top tier characters in the game, but tiers don't matter if you're better than your opponent.  Just choose someone who fits your style the the best.  It's been a while since I played SFV, but Dan is coming.  Maybe I should hit Grand Master 1f914.png

It is pretty hard to reach gold especially when you're not good at fighters at all lmao 

I'd like to use my swap please - swapping out The Forest for Lumo

1.  Fallen Legion:  Flames of Rebellion (1.92%)

2.  Torment:  Tides of Numenera (1.59%)

3.  The Flame in the Flood (1.97%)

4.  Wasteland 2: Directors Cut (NA version) (1.75%)  :platinum: 01/10/2021

5.  The Forest (4.37%)  Lumo (0.70%)

• Like 1

Ok, ready to crack down on this one.  The only thing I am requesting is I would like to swap out Torment Tides of Numenara (did not like this game at all) with Ys Origin on the PS4.

Ys Origin - PS4 - 2.65% - 0%

Jumping into Harvest Moon starting tomorrow.

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1