The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

27 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah so... @Mori, @Koro249 and myself wanted to play Trine 3 yesterday. You know, we played through the first two games together and bought the 4-game bundle. We fire up the game, not really looking too forward to the game anyways (really not the best series) and... Wait... How can I join a multiplayer game?

Turns out, Trine 3 has no online coop ? Fuck this game. 

Anyways, we started Broforce instead. I will thus also use my swap to further postpone getting Pier Solar done, and will do Broforce instead: 

Tier 1

• Pier Solar and the Great Architects Broforce
  • Neon Abyss
  • Descenders
  • 10 Second Ninja X
  • Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Just wanted to make three quick comments.

1. Told you Trine sucked.

2. Broforce is awesome. 

3. Get Pier Solar done already! ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah so... @Mori, @Koro249 and myself wanted to play Trine 3 yesterday. You know, we played through the first two games together and bought the 4-game bundle. We fire up the game, not really looking too forward to the game anyways (really not the best series) and... Wait... How can I join a multiplayer game?

Turns out, Trine 3 has no online coop 1f602.png Fuck this game. 

Anyways, we started Broforce instead. I will thus also use my swap to further postpone getting Pier Solar done, and will do Broforce instead: 

Tier 1

• Pier Solar and the Great Architects Broforce
  • Neon Abyss
  • Descenders
  • 10 Second Ninja X
  • Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Man I don't really pay attention to my own completion rate and especially someone elses.. but you not finishing Pier Solar is starting to bug me ? seriously though I'm surprised you haven't finished it yet, is it hard or just annoying? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I'm trying 1f62d.png I actually played for about an hour on Friday... Only made it to the second set of stairs twice 1f636.png

So demotivating to know that's only the easiest third of the way...

I'm really inconsistent, too. I have days where I have the rhythm of the stairs internalized and can make it past the first two about 90% of the time, then there are days like on Friday where I fall off all the freaking time.

At least I can make it to the stairs close to every single time.

I honestly don't understand why I'm having so much trouble. Maybe it's mostly a head thing, but still. Haven't experienced a blockage like this in any other game.. 1f61f.png

Did you get back to Ys?

I might as well do a little update on all my games.

BO3: If everything goes well I’ll finish BO3 today. Tonight we’re attempting our final EE. This afternoon I’m cleaning up the final two miscellaneous trophies.

DMC5: Started the game. First impression is this will be easier than DMC4. Unfortunately with 7+ playthroughs required this will take months to complete. Because that’s too boring for me and I will need to take breaks from this game.

Shadow Warrior: I think I’m going to swap this. Just not in the mood to play anything FPS after all the CoD’s I’ve been playing over the last months. And because I’ve bought the Kingdom Hearts III DLC and after BO3 Mori and I agreed to start Ikaruga I’m thinking of swapping in one of those two games.

Ys Origin: But I can only swap Shadow Warrior if I can somehow complete this game. Tried around 10 times in 2021 with the same 10 results. Game crashed. Which takes the total to 50+ game crashes in a row. I honestly don’t know if I want to continue. It drains motivation everytime that game crashes. A small hope could be the PS5, but I might wait at least another year before buying that.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 4

On 14.2.2021 at 10:16 AM, MiIeski said:

Man I don't really pay attention to my own completion rate and especially someone elses.. but you not finishing Pier Solar is starting to bug me 1f602.png seriously though I'm surprised you haven't finished it yet, is it hard or just annoying? 

Hahaha, it's bugging me too ? If you ask the people that completed it they'll probably tell you that it isn't that bad. Probably as annoying / hard as the Jump Rope minigame in FF IX. But for me, I don't know what it is but I just can't do it. I can't bring myself to attempt it for more than 15-20 minutes at a time, either... I get frustrated so quickly, and I just don't understand why. It's only one minigame left for the platinum, and still, after one year break, I still don't have the motivation to just sit down and get it done.

So probably not really all that hard, but for me personally, among the most annoying trophies I ever had to get (as you can tell...). I even started using Keyboard instead of the stupid DS4 D-Pad, and it seems to work a bit better.

I'll attempt it again in Tier 2... ?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Hahaha, it's bugging me too 1f602.png If you ask the people that completed it they'll probably tell you that it isn't that bad. Probably as annoying / hard as the Jump Rope minigame in FF IX. But for me, I don't know what it is but I just can't do it. I can't bring myself to attempt it for more than 15-20 minutes at a time, either... I get frustrated so quickly, and I just don't understand why. It's only one minigame left for the platinum, and still, after one year break, I still don't have the motivation to just sit down and get it done.

So probably not really all that hard, but for me personally, among the most annoying trophies I ever had to get (as you can tell...). I even started using Keyboard instead of the stupid DS4 D-Pad, and it seems to work a bit better.

I'll attempt it again in Tier 2... 1f605.png

You can do it, Arc!! I don't think I'd have made it through that game without you and @BB-BakkerJ keeping me motivated. That's all you can do, just take breaks when you get frustrated. I played way worse after getting infuriated and I think the day I finally got the first half done, it was only my 2nd or 3rd try that day. You could also try turning the music down, the beat of the song would throw me out of my rhythm. I have confidence in you that you will CRUSH IT NEXT TIER!!

Now I need to find myself some motivation for that damn Garden level cheese hunt on I am Bread. It has literally been the only thing barring me from that plat since Dec, and for very good reason! The time required for the A++ requires nothing less than perfection, and when the game tends to be a glitchfest it makes it quite the challenge. It is literally leaps and bounds more difficult than any other level or game mode otherwise. I kind of gave up trying for a month or so until I signed up for this, however have been putting in some practice. It's just a matter of trying not to get riled up when I inevitably fail and sticking it out; I just need to shave ~20 seconds off my best time and I will have that one in the bag! I'm determined at this point to get it done. 

• Like 3

Been awhile since my last update. Made a bit of progress with Trine 2, so that should be done soon. I completely forgot that I hadn't posted my swap. I'm switching out MGS2 for Mercenary Kings. I'll come back to MGS in a later tier. 

1. Mercenary Kings (1.39%) - 0% --> 75%

2. Trine 2 (2.44%) - 21% --> 65%

3. Mirror's Edge (2.93%; 0.64%) - 28%

4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (3.13%) - 100%

5. The Evil Within (3.88%; 1.43%) - 0%

Swaps used 1/1

Part of me thinks I'll regret not swaping out Mirror's Edge, mainly due to the DLC trophies, but we'll see!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Coming back from a 6 month hiatus and pouring in 214 hours to "git gud", I got the Tetris Effect platinum. Hopefully the most time consuming in now behind me, finally on the board!

Congrats on a wicked plat but out of curiosity did you spend 214 hours for total plat or just to improve sprint time? 

No cleanup, but doing these:

1. Friday The 13th (0.91%) - 100% 

2. Rayman Legends (4.25%) - 100% 

If u have suggestions, quote 3 additional games (with U.R. platinum, but not too frustrating like the ones above) to start for my list :)

Edited by cik93

On 2/6/2021 at 4:45 AM, Danny_Johansen said:

Tier 1

1. Crypt of the Necrodancer (0,04 UR) - 87%
  2. Trials Fusion(0,1) - 0%
  3. Nuclear Throne(0,41 UR) - 0%
  4. Dariusburst(0,41 UR) - 0%
  5. Super Street Fighter IV (0,55 UR) - 57%

9k.png

Crypt is pretty much done. I have done both Coda and the all char low%. The only thing remaining are the dlc trophies and I will clean them up over the next month or so. Next is Trials Fusion.

In.... ......sane!!!!! I have 5 ultra rare platinums I will clean up. Maybe I need to platinum LBP1. There is the Prize Bubble exploit when you search "LBP1 Prizes" and play two LBP1 Prize levels and earn 4 trophies. Also, Boosting the Create trophy can be done on the Gaming Sessions on PSN Profiles (One of your levels can be hearted, and author can be hearted by 30 people), Share trophy requires you to play 150 levels, have 50 tags on the level and have 10 hearted levels, The Play trophy would be a little bit tricky because The Bunker, if you die, you may restart the level from beginning.

Edited by BradRedwoodFox

7 hours ago, cik93 said:

No cleanup, but doing these:

1. Friday The 13th (0.91%) - 100% 40-platinum.png

2. Rayman Legends (4.25%) - 67%

If u have suggestions, quote 3 additional games (with U.R. platinum, but not too frustrating like the ones above) to start for my list :)

Hmm, not sure what genre of games you prefer normally. But here are a couple that you could check out to see if you're interested:

Rain World

Rogue Legacy

Titan Souls

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

Dead Cells

Tried to pick a variety of stuff and threw a few extra in for good measure ? 

• Like 2