The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

@Copanele Congratulations on Ultimax. I really should get back to that one. I’ll probably put it in tier 2. Best of luck on Arena as well. There’s a reason it’s one of my proudest platinums. After thinking about it for a while I would like to put in a request for a swap. 

Tier 1 

1. Super Meat Boy (PS4/Vita, 0.21%) - 97% 

2. El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron (PS3, 2.45%) - 86% 

3. Metrico (Vita, 3.61%) - 42% 

4. Blazblue Central Fiction (PS4/PS3, 3.61%) - 100%

5. N++ (PS4, 1.55%) - 73% 

I’d like to swap out El Shaddai for Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend. It’s 1.99% and I’m at 78% on it. 

• Like 2

Just wanna give an update so I'm still actively involved.

Ys Origins -  Playing through this on normal at the moment.  Hoping to get it done before the 26th.  Very good hack and slash title.
Harvest Moon - Oh my I don't know if I like this game or not.  It's crazy boring, but I'm gonna work on it here shortly.
Jackbox Party Pack 3-  Doing this one this weekend.

The other two will get done after I get through these.

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 3

Jump Stars (63%): Making progress on this one. Got done the pie grind and I did the 4P Tournament after a couple of tries, which also popped the trophy for doing a 3P Tournament. Assuming I can get one of my parents to sit through the barrier grind with me, I should be able to get this done eventually. The grind to 1M teamscore is gonna take a fair bit, though. Best strategy for it whilst soloing seems to be doing the pie collecting game with two controllers while going solely for teamscore, which gets me ~2500 teamscore per round consistently without taking too long. Even with that though, it'll take me about 400+ rounds. Nothing compared to Mugen Souls, but still quite boring nonetheless. :blink:

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hisuiryu said:

Second game done on tier 1! I really had to force myself through Thief, it's not particularly long or difficult so I can only assume it's so rare because most people just can't be bothered to put themselves through playing it...

So in the end what's the deal with Thief? It's just incredibly boring and bland? I know I bought it too at a garbage price and most say it's really trashy.

In news unrelated to my current tier, I do have something in the works for Tier 5 when I get there...

PS_App_20210218_041600.jpeg

Managed to do the PS4 plat for Superbeat Xonic last year (technically the very end of 2019, but I delayed the plat pop for a few months to make that one #600, so it bled into 2020), so I feel like I should be able to do the last set of missions again with some practice. Ideally, I'd like to use it for Plat #750, so I have quite a bit of time to practice again even assuming I don't knock it out in a few days like I did on PS4. Would try to just use this for #700, but then Mugen Souls was supposed to be my 600th plat before the PS4 version of Xonic took over for it, so I don't wanna put it off yet again seeing as I'd really like to have (the English version of) Mugen Souls done with this year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

So in the end what's the deal with Thief? It's just incredibly boring and bland? I know I bought it too at a garbage price and most say it's really trashy.

I have this game too, but know very little of it. Is it because it doesn’t do well at stealth?

I heard many people say the in game map is horrible.

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Pretty much, plus it has pretty frequent framerate issues (mostly cutscenes, but it happens in gameplay often enough). The gameplay itself isn't bad and the level design for the missions I thought was alright, but the map & design for the hub area is terrible - I probably hate that area more than I liked any of the others. The story might as well have not been there...

I basically spent the whole time wishing I was playing Dishonored instead.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I have this game too, but know very little of it. Is it because it doesn’t do well at stealth?

I heard many people say the in game map is horrible.

The actual stealth was probably one of the better parts imo (though people who actually play stealth games might disagree!), unfortunately it was still nowhere near enough to save it from all the negatives.

• Like 1

Very minor update for N++. Managed to get the Co-operation makes it happen trophy. It’s just barely possible to do on your own with 2 controllers. This gave me flashbacks to having to finish Babel Mode in Catherine years ago with a second controller since the final stage is glitched in single player. I’m a decent ways in with the single player stuff. Only have 3 more columns of levels to complete before I unlock the expert levels in N++ mode and then I can really start working on the classic levels. I’m about 20% done with those already. 

• Like 3

No progress from me for awhile, but I'm still in this!

I've been hacking away at Lapis x Labyrinth but the RNG gods are not being kind for the last drops that I need. I'll give it a couple more days but then I'll probably swap it out. And I've just been lazy about tackling Limbo, but I'll do it this coming week. Then I'll just have Transformers Devastation  left in Tier 1.

My Tier 2 is already planned out, just need to actually finish Tier 1 now.

• Like 3

Below are my updated stats after the week.  I realized I put down the wrong percentage for Jackbox Party Pack 3 when the event first started so thats my bad.

On 12/24/2020 at 1:14 PM, willythom88 said:

1) Star Ocean Till the end of Time (PS4) - Platinum Completion Rate - 2.48% - Current Personal Completion - 1%
2) Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (PS4) - Platinum Completion Rate - 3.94% - Current Personal Completion - 1%
3) Jackbox Party Pack 3 (PS4) - 100% Completion Rate - 0.88% - Current Personal Completion - 60%
4) Tales of Symphonia (PS3) - Platinum Completion Rate - 2.71% - Current Completion Rate - 2%
5) Ys Origins (PS4) - Platinum Completion Rate - 2.60% - Current Personal Completion - 2%