2. verdun 70%

3. uncharted 4 0%

4. last guardian 0%

5. friday the 13th 0%

excited for this may add some more in the future

Edited by cbh114
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Together_Comic said:

Another update for Super Meat Boy -  So I didn't manage to hit the goal that I set last week of hitting "the true end" (mostly because I got called into work Saturday, and distracted by hyper light drifter for another event Sunday)  but I did manage to get all the A+ for light world, Squirrel Boy, and Blood Clot Boy, and I've got about 4 or 5 more levels in the rapture dark world to complete and cotten alley darkworld.  

To be honest, I was starting to think that maybe super meat boy may have been overhyped for difficulty since I managed to get squirrel boy and blood clot boy with about 30 minutes to an hour trying on each one, but when I started messing with salt factory dark world and beyond it has definitely picked up and punished me for my hubris.  1f602.png  Either way, we are slowly making progress. 

Gonna try for "I'm a Golden God" this week which I guess would necessitate 'the real end' 'old school' and 'retro rampage' as well.  Beyond that maybe I can go ahead and get 'brimstone' boy as a stretch goal.  

In other news, you guys are still wowing me.  I've been keeping an eye on @Joe Dubz in particular.  They have popped off with Brimstone Boy, Maggot Boy, Missile Boy and Demon Boy this week which is mega impressive as some of those levels I just don't really see how I'm going to do them all without dying 1f602.png, but that's future me's problem. 

Enjoying all the updates, lets keep pushing.

~TC

I very much appreciate the encouraging words!! It is definitely a challenge unlike any other, especially if you're like me and get that anxious feeling when you're just a few levels shy of completion. Agreed that Salt Factory Dark World is really where the difficulty ramps up significantly! The fact that you were able to get as far as Blood Clot Boy to me says you are also able to get them all done. It's just a matter of practice and perseverance for us both I suppose!! With those tougher ones, they all seemed impossible to me initially... However the more I played through and practiced, even the harder levels started to come much easier! For me it's just a matter of not choking and making some stupid mistake to ruin a good run once I'm in the zone. I've also been making regular use of the helpful thread I linked here; if you look at OP's original post, they included tons of helpful tips and suggestions for each set of levels.

Just to give you a quick heads up for Golden God, the requirements on the trophy guide if you've been using it aren't exactly right. Pretty much everything contributes to your overall completion %, including collecting bandages, completing both the regular and "glitched" retro zones (glitched ones aren't required for Retro Rampage), and even just completing The End and Cotton Alley levels. I was getting concerned my game glitched out when I didn't pop the trophy at 100% total completion, but it popped for me once I hit 103%. So just a fair warning once you cross that bridge!!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

VVVVVV is finished! :dance: Three most wanted entries down, two to go!
"No Death" mode was soul destroying (around 20 hours of failed attempts) and surviving 1 minute in the Super Gravitron was one of the most deceptively difficult challenges I've come across in a long time. While I had fun, I don't think my heart can take any more deathless runs for a good while! ?

Quick Note: My trophy screenshot for "Master of the Universe" can be found here which is a partial grab of this screen. I've included my "No Death" mode run stats here instead because they're a little more interesting than a screen transition!
[snip]
Tier 1
1. Ikaruga (0.51%, UR) - 100% :platinum:
2. VVVVVV (0.36%, UR) - 100% ✅
3. Splasher (1.48%, UR) - 100% :platinum:
4. Badland (0.03%, UR) - 40%
5. Nuclear Throne (0.41%, UR) - 0%

Nicely done! How was VVVVVV compared to Splasher challenge wise? Most people I know had too much of a gap between hundo to accurately compare. I played it ages ago on PC but couldn't bring myself to go back to it since it didn't seem to age too well. Also, I agree with you that the gravitron really does sound relatively easy, but in practice it's rough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Thanks! ?
The two games can be a little tricky to compare because Splasher offered a much wider range of challenges than VVVVVV with three full game speedrun variants, really tight individual level speedruns, and a deathless run. So, what I will focus on is comparing the deathless runs for both games.

Deathless in Splasher is long at around 40-50 minutes for a full run. However, like SMB, deathless runs are somewhat exploitable. You can pause mid-run and restart any level you're currently on which can save you if you know you're about to die. Deathless in VVVVVV is much shorter, typically ranging from 15-20 minutes, but there are several sections, like the Gravitron, that demand more precision than what is on offer in Splasher (the speedruns being an exception). Unlike Splasher, the run cannot be exploited.

The difficulty of both deathless runs felt comparable to me so I'm hesitant to argue for one being definitively "harder" than the other. However, all of the additional speedrun challenges in Splasher push the game ahead of VVVVVV in overall difficulty (in my opinion at least) as they will put your precision, speed, and accuracy to the test quite a bit more than VVVVVV does. 

That seems like a very fair comparison. Thanks! Most of the time I'd find myself dead before I could react to a mistake in games like Splasher or SMB, but pause and restart can definitely help in certain situations. I could definitely see VVVVVV being a little tighter platforming wise, and maybe even having a little more jank. Gravitron is definitely a force to be reckoned with regardless.

The length of the deathless is definitely more appealing than Splasher, as I'd much rather focus for 15-20 minutes than 42 if the overall requirement is comparable. I find it hard to want to start a run of something longer sometimes since the time investment is really draining upon a failure. I'd almost say that the 100% speedrun is more rough than the deathless in Splasher for me given the duration is a little over an hour. Although, at least it does allow for some mistakes.

Edited by AuburnDRM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

DSC-0358.jpg

Another one down. Was getting little scared cause it didn't unlock until Main menu

Good shit, here I am like an idiot having to do it twice because I got it on a practice run by using restart ?

Edited by BrandedBerserk

9 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Good shit, here I am like an idiot having to do it twice because I got it on a practice run by using restart 1f644.png

Already did the Jp version myself, but forgot to record it doh. 

Will do it one more time!