The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

8 hours ago, Vergil said:

DSC-0358.jpg

Another one down. Was getting little scared cause it didn't unlock until Main menu

Nice job! How much practice would you say the Bird of Legend trophy took you? I'm not that bad at shmups, but I've tried this game some on an alt and was struggling to get used to it. I managed to get through zone Q without getting hit at least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

Nice job! How much practice would you say the Bird of Legend trophy took you? I'm not that bad at shmups, but I've tried this game some on an alt and was struggling to get used to it. I managed to get through zone Q without getting hit at least.

Think about 30 hours. You will definitely fail a few times. Since all it takes is one hit to ruin your run. This happened to me 2-3 times on GTV (3rd boss) he was bleeding out but managed to hit me. 

Well zone Q is the easy one . Z is much worse

• Like 3

On 9. 2. 2021 at 10:23 AM, HusKy said:

Decided to join after all so here's my list for Tier 1:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5794-sniper-elite-4

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5415-batman-arkham-city

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2742-oddworld-new-n-tasty

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1773-call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6857-wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus

I will finish SE4 tonight so you can consider that done.

edit. I went ahead and popped 100% in SE4 after being added to the first post. It's done now.

I'm gonna swap WS2 for SE3 since I'm playing it right now. Will move WS2 to tier 2. Thanks.

zglaxui.png

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

On 3/15/2021 at 0:41 PM, Smzthyy said:

Been a while since my last update but I have actually managed to complete three more UR games during that time. Sadly they were all done before the latest rule change so none of them will count towards my progress. Still, I would like to briefly discuss each one as some of the games may be of interest to those that are participating in this event.

Did I miss something, what was the latest rule change?

On 3/7/2021 at 0:38 PM, Arcesius said:

Alright guys, we have been discussing and have come to a unanimous decision. 

Please keep in mind that the first thing we want to achieve with this event is that you guys have fun, but that we, as hosts, also want to enjoy our role as organizers. To that end, we decided that we want to keep the structure as is, with the Tiers and the limit of games per tier. But we also decided to be more lenient with the swaps. 

The following holds from this moment forward: 

Rules Update

Each participant has a total of 5 swaps available for the first 4 Tiers. Once Tier 5 has been reached, there is no limit to the number of games that can be committed, and no limit to the available swaps. 

There is no way to gain additional swaps. 

Now, this will be reflected in the OP, and I will also soon update the spreadsheet with the new number of swaps available. 

Unfortunately, making these kinds of changes in the middle of the event also means that specific situations can and will be felt to be unfair. For example, what about those players that completed UR games under the previous rule? They could have swaped their games for the completed ones and get more points that way. 

To those players I say that we are sorry, but we cannot accept swaps retroactively. Doing so would probably result in a cascade of swaps. I hope you guys understand! 

Note that there will be no more rule changes from now on until the end of the event! However, we encourage you to give constructive feedback nonetheless. In case there is enough interest, there is always the possibility that an event like this finds a continuation in 2022, and we (or whoever decides to organize it) will definitely listen to feedback. 

For example, we might not only consider rarity a criterion for which games to allow, but number of achievers (to include games like The End is Nigh, for example). 

I hope everyone (or almost everyone) is pleased with the change, and again sorry to those that feel this is a bit unfair to them. 

Now, @Dzware I honestly hope to finish Pier Solar very soon... I just didn't want to take my second swap as well if I don't manage to finish it... I will swap it in in case I finish the minigame, before popping the plat :) I'll get it eventually! 

@Miles watch me finish Crypt in Tier 3 ? (nope)

@Grotz99 here you go! 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, SnowStorm said:

Is Dragon Fin Soup breaking any rules? I noticed mention of picking games with server shutdowns or DLC no longer available, but Dragon Fin Soup has three 0.0% bugged trophies which it looks like the developers will never look at fixing

I checked, if it has achievable ultra rare trophies then it's ok,as long as you haven't achieved them yet yourself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

I will also use one swap :

1. Art of Fighting Anthology (4.59%) - :platinum: achieved
  2. Blazblue Centralfiction (3.61%) - :platinum: achieved
  3. Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend (1.99%) - :platinum: achieved
  4. Persona 4 Arena(0.39%) - 32% completed  The King Of Fighters XIV(2.10%)
  5. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (1.43%/0.57%) - :platinum: achieved + 1f4af.png

Switched P4A with KoF14 because I simply don't have the mood for Persona 4 right now. I tried to even play UMvC3 but again, wasn't feeling it.

Fired up King of Fighters 14 - got most of the online trophies legit, including rank 11 , sitting at 46 ranked wins/100 (no boosting) and actually making friends so I can play that stupid Party mode. Moreover...tutorials, ShoryukenWiki, learning how teams work and why hops are god's gift in this game....yeah, I am enjoying KoF14 way more. Definitely focusing on it for the next weeks.

If only I could find people for Party Mode...Why is that mode even a thing? I was lucky to find 5 other randoms last night but they stuck around for 6 matches before they finally gave up and went to play other better modes.

Let me know when you set it up. I turbo for you :)

• Like 1