The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

3 hours ago, Sword said:

I've been doing a lot of back and forth about joining this event because I didn't wanna "screw up" my % completion by starting games that would either be too hard for me or that I'd get bored with and not come back too. In fact, whenever I looked at a game with an ultra rare I'd "nope" right out of there. To be honest, I've come to realize that hiding behind my obsession for my % completion has been preventing me from even trying some fantastic/different games out there just because they might be a little difficult or require some dedication above the normal. I've been feeling completely chained by my inability to let go of my % completion aspiration and to be quite honest I'm not having fun anymore trophy hunting by avoiding games just because they present some challenge.

This is actually really common across all platforms. Average Game Completion % is a nice metric, but it is sometimes extremely limiting in what people are willing to play. There's nothing wrong with having that be your main goal in the hobby, but I'm really glad that you're trying to kick the focus since it was impacting your fun. It can be a good thing to step outside our comfort zone and try new things and know that it's alright to stop if we're not feeling it. Personally, I don't push myself unless I really enjoy a game. A part of being able to take on bigger challenges comes from exactly that--experience with a variety of games and not having the pressure in the back of the mind about "needing" to finish something. The more stress you can take out of a situation, the better.

Thankfully, this event also allows us to swap games up to 5 times, so don't be afraid to use them!

Edited by AuburnDRM
  • Like 3

So, since PS3 store shutdown has been confirmed, I'll be using 2nd swap to replace Greedfall with The Evil Within (PS3)

New list:

1. Dante's Inferno (0.82% full completion, rarest trophy 4.44%) - 100% 1f4af.png

2. Worms Battlegrounds (1.17% platinum, 0.43% full completion) - 100% 1f4af.png

3. Mortal Kombat (0.61% platinum) - 58% --> 84%

4. Hive: Altenum Wars EU (0.91% platinum) Prototype (PS3) (3.18% platinum) - 0%

5. Greedfall (4.87% platinum) - The Evil Within (4.54% platinum, 1.58% full completion)

• Like 3

Apologies if it's already been answered (and I'm aware the rules have already been changed), but will there be any special circumstances for swapping ps3 games due to the store closure?

I'm aware we're still good until July but I wouldn't put it past Sony to kill online functionality at the drop of a hat. I'm still gonna be playing my ps3 regardless, but a good chunk of those games are UR so it would be nice to still use them to raise money ITT.

14 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

So @Copanele just so I'm clear, if I were to reset my Tier, I would retain Vessel and Rainbow, but then pick 3 other titles?  Or would I be picking 5 new titles, as long as 2 are PS3 games?  Not a problem either way, just curious if I'm understanding correctly.

With the tier reset you will pick any 5 new titles , as long as 2 of them are PS3.

For your specific example I wanted to mention that you can recover your 2 swaps if you wish to do so xD I noted you down in the spreadsheet because at the time it was only a rumor.

Edited by Copanele

Ok cool that works, suppose then I will be using this Tier reset/2 swap get back then to knock out some non Platinum games done.  So, I'll submit this new list.  I'm going for broke, if I can't do it, so be it but I'm going to at least try for some tough ones (Epic Mickey I'm too far into both my playthroughs so screw it, sticking with it).

1) The Fancy Pants Adventures - PS3 - 2.03%

2) Castlestorm - PS3 - 3.10%
3) Stealth Inc - PS3 - 0.31%

4) Ninja Pizza Girl - PS4 - 2.67%

5) Epic Mickey 2 - PS3 - 1.62%

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

Since we didn't foresee the fact that Sony would axe the PS3/Vita stores, and most probably the entire online servers while they are at it, we decided to make a small update:

I’m going to be furious if they do this shortly afterwards. Going to cause a real shitstorm for people boosting older Call of Duty and Battlefield games.

13 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Tier 1

1. Crypt of the Necrodancer (0,04 UR) - 100%
  2. Red Faction: Guerrilla - 31%
  3. Time Crisis: Razing Storm - 80%
  4. 初音ミク -Project DIVA- ドリーミーシアター 2nd - 70%
  5. 初音ミク -Project DIVA- ドリーミーシアター extend - 0%

I am going to focus on ps3 and vita games so I swapped 4 games out.

As per the new rule, you can also just purge your Tier. You will keep the 50€ from Crypt and still be included in the Hall of Fame for the game (obviously :P), you would simply lose 1 game progression towards finishing the Tier. 

You can of course just use 4 swaps, just wanted to point out the other option since it was introduced yesterday and might have been missed! Here is Copa explaining the new rule and our reasoning behind it. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

As per the new rule, you can also just purge your Tier. You will keep the 50€ from Crypt and still be included in the Hall of Fame for the game (obviously :P), you would simply lose 1 game progression towards finishing the Tier. 

You can of course just use 4 swaps, just wanted to point out the other option since it was introduced yesterday and might have been missed! Here is Copa explaining the new rule and our reasoning behind it. 

Tier 1.5

1. Battle Fantasia - 12%
  4. 初音ミク -Project DIVA- ドリーミーシアター 2nd - 100%

Then I will nuke the entire thing and keep the swaps. Hopefully I can keep the game I just finished too?

Edited by Danny_Johansen
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Tier 1.5

1. Battle Fantasia - 100%
  4. 初音ミク -Project DIVA- ドリーミーシアター 2nd - 100%

Then I will nuke the entire thing and keep the swaps. Hopefully I can keep the game I just finished too?

You mean Project Diva, right? Cause you put Battle Fantasia also at 100% but it is still unfinished on your profile :) Yeah you can keep it since you announced anyways before you did complete it. 

• Like 3

Making two swaps. I'm also going to focus on PS3/Vita. 

TIER 1 [UR Count - 24]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

My final death count total sits at 12,248; I'd be curious to see how others stacked up in that regard!! I think I did pretty well, but hard to tell without knowing how many deaths it took others.

Congrats! That's quite a low death count. I had 30k+ deaths lol. That includes going for glitched levels and going for speedruns in some levels but still, would've been twice your toll either way ?

• Like 3