The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

46 minutes ago, Dzware said:

Congrats! That's quite a low death count. I had 30k+ deaths lol. That includes going for glitched levels and going for speedruns in some levels but still, would've been twice your toll either way ?

33 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I don't remember my exact number, but I remember that it was somewhere between 10k and 12k... Your count is not bad at all! :D  

Okay interesting! I appreciate the input guys! I tried just copying and pasting the screenshot of my totals, but for whatever reason it didn't stick. Not an expert at this kind of stuff so no clue how to make that happen anyway ? @Dzware yeah those glitch levels were quite daunting, I think I only finished 2 or 3 of them. I can only imagine that added to your total quite significantly! And thank you @Arcesius, glad to know I'm in such stellar company with yourself ?

33 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

That sure is a polarizing game.. many find it to be very easy, but personally I rage-quit and didn't touch it for a month after being one laser-shot away from beating Hard mode 1f602.png Didn't take long after I came back, but besides Pier Solar there hasn't been a game yet that made me feel as frustrated as that one run did... 

Yep, I don't remember struggling even half as bad in normal mode, granted this was probably well over a year ago since I played! I feel like this is another one where practice is very necessary... That and praying to RNGeezus to give you Knife and Fork in the first few levels ? Funny enough, right before I quit I was in a similar spot with that... down to the last phase with the boss, was lighting him up and then died abruptly! Ragequit and didn't pick it back up until last week! I'm determined to get it tho; soon enough we will be celebrating that victory along with your Eternal Slip victory!

Edit: @Arcesius I forgot to address your reasoning for not including I am Bread in the most wanted... I am in wholehearted agreement that trying to log one fast run for that Garden level was only half as daunting as trying to get that perfect run over several different levels in SMB! Totally agree with the decision to keep those for only the toughest of the tough!

Edited by Joe Dubz
forgot to include something!
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

MOST WANTED TARGET ACQUIRED!! I am absolutely stoked to announce that I have conquered the BEAST that is Super Meat Boy!!! My hands are still shaking right now I'm so pumped!! Funny enough, this was my first attempt today, died once on level 7-2x then just breezed right through the rest. This just goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks!! A huge thank you again to @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y for your post with tons of helpful tips and tricks, I don't think I'd have made it through without these for a reference when I was struggling!

I have to say I am so very glad this is over, Impossible Boy has to be one of the most demoralizing experiences I have ever had in gaming! 10/10 would not do that again 1f602.png The rest of the trophies felt like a cake walk compared to Cotton Alley dark levels. I knew at the start that would be the only one that really mattered in the end, but I'm glad I persisted and stuck it out. Definitely my most proud plat to date 1f601.png

Here is a video of my Impossible Boy run, in case you are interested:

Oddly enough, Share Factory somehow cut the last 10 seconds out where I cross the finish line at the very end and skipped ahead?! Dunno how the hell that happened, but honestly I don't really care all that much. Just glad it is done.

My final death count total sits at 12,248; I'd be curious to see how others stacked up in that regard!! I think I did pretty well, but hard to tell without knowing how many deaths it took others.

Alright, now that I finally have that one out of the way, I can continue to focus on Downwell. That hard mode is just absolutely BRUTAL!! I've made it to the end boss twice now in the last few days, however that arsehole is a bullet sponge and requires quite a bit of precision to avoid all the chaos that is happening while trying to face them. I will get it tho sooner or later!!

For my sanity's sake, I have been playing a few other things in between these games; Extreme Exorcist and Not A Hero. I will most likely add these on to Tier 2, or swap Downwell out to Tier 2 if I get close to finishing one of these first. I have also been eyeing up Bless Unleashed, which I have been considering for the next tier as well. I plan to make things a little easier on myself for this next tier after driving myself nuts trying to finish SMB and Downwell!

Glad to see all the progress everyone is making, happy to be part of such an elite group of gamers over here in the UR Cleanup challenge!

Thanks for the kind words and congrats! :)

Welcome to the club!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mori said:

Congratz! Thats definitely a tough one to complete. Id love to play it, but dont own a PS3.

Though it boggles my mind, I dont know or cant imagine how you are suppose to practice these two levels. Where do you start, what do you pay attention to? There is so much going on, just watching someone else playing it hurts my brain. Id probably just yolo'd into the madness dying over and over without actually finding a reliable strat.

Copa, not a plat but "merely" a Silver trophy. :D

Edited thanks ? somehow it only being a silver makes the entire game even more rewarding. And yeah I don't think you can brute force this game...

5 hours ago, Eqill5 said:

Dropping in with my 2nd game completed from Tier 1... Cloudberry Kingdom!!!!!

Absolutely fantastic job! Every time I think about this game, I can't even bring myself to boot it up. 319 and 320 really are just that crazy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eqill5 said:

Cloudberry Kingdom

Damn dude, that was extremely impressive... So much chaos going on, I was having a hard time following! 'Grats on your hard-earned and well-deserved 100%, I can only imagine how much practice that took you! 

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Copanele said:

Wait wait wait...since I don't really know what Cloudberry Kingdom consists of, you mean to tell me you had to avoid all that madness on the screen to complete the level for the plat Silver Trophy thanks Mori?

HOLY MOTHER of completions. Congrats !!

It’s one of the hardest trophies out there, so big congrats and huge respect to him for getting that insane achievement.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AuburnDRM said:

Absolutely fantastic job! Every time I think about this game, I can't even bring myself to boot it up. 319 and 320 really are just that crazy. 

Thank you! I noticed you had started it and that you had flew through the story already, I have no doubt you’d be able to finish it too, as daunting as it is!

18 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Damn dude, that was extremely impressive... So much chaos going on, I was having a hard time following! 'Grats on your hard-earned and well-deserved 100%, I can only imagine how much practice that took you! 

Thank you! Congrats on SMB too! These platformers take a hella practicing to get a good run down haha!

14 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

That was incredible! If you can survive levels 319 and 320 of Cloudberry Kingdom, every other platformer on the "most wanted" list has gotta be shaking in their boots! Congrats!

Haha thanks man!! You know it would be a perfect fit for your Please Destroy Me thread, if you were accepting PS3 game nominations, right?! 

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

It’s one of the hardest trophies out there, so big congrats and huge respect to him for getting that insane achievement.

Thanks for the kind words AJ!

• Like 4

On 2021-04-02 at 2:38 AM, Eqill5 said:

Level 319 is considered the most difficult in the entire game, and rightly so, that damn thing took me over 8000 deaths :awesome: to learn and pull off one successful run of the level! When I reached 319 I knew I had to believe in the fact that eventually, muscle memory would come in and I’d succeed. It’s very easy to doubt yourself and think you won’t manage to finish it but it’s very much possible with a little (okay, a lot) of practice! 

Huge congrats! Just curious how many hours of practice did the two hardest chapters take? 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

@Eqill5

Huge congrats! Just curious how many hours of practice did the two hardest chapters take? 

Thank you!

319 was roughly 25 hours and 320 was roughly 15 hours! The levels are a mere 57 seconds and 1:27 seconds long! The most difficult aspect for me was to be able to practice a section quite far into the level after first reaching it, as I would have to then be consistent enough to keep reaching it, in my opinion this is what takes up the bulk of the time!

• Like 3