The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

1 hour ago, ExistentialSolid said:

After seeing @Eqill5's recent (and incredibly impressive) completion of Cloudberry Kingdom, I've been dying to experience for myself just how ridiculous levels 319 and 320 could be...so I started playing Cloudberry Kingdom too. This was a mistake

Haha! Congratulations my friend!!!

Honestly if you’ve cleared 319 then you can absolutely finish 320, it’s certainly “easier” than that nightmare you’ve just subjected yourself to. All you have to do is get used to slide crouch/jumping. Though the next level is longer there are a few sections of idle time on platforms which offer some breathing room. If you need any advice on a particular section or just want to vent feel free to drop me a message! I have full faith in you man, go get it!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Tier 5 Update
In Progress - Cloudberry Kingdom

After seeing @Eqill5's recent (and incredibly impressive) completion of Cloudberry Kingdom, I've been dying to experience for myself just how ridiculous levels 319 and 320 could be...so I started playing Cloudberry Kingdom too. This was a mistake.

The first 15 trophies were like a morning jog. A little bit of story mode, some tricky-but-totally-manageable arcade challenges, one 4-player trophy (I'm so glad you can wirelessly connect PS4 controllers to your PS3, otherwise I wouldn't have the "Cut the Cord" trophy
1f605.png), a save-scummable death run of chapter 1—nothing too crazy and a nice start to any day. But then we have the 16th trophy, "Shenanigans!" for clearing chapter 7. This is where my nightmare began.

Labeled, "The Masochist," chapter 7 demanded waaay more patience and precision than anything I'd seen up to this point. In most platformers, you have the luxury of being able to plan your next move. You see a set of obstacles, you envision a safe route past them, and you execute. Cloudberry Kingdom makes planning your next move nearly impossible by bombarding you with so many obstacles that no ordinary human could track them all, let alone puzzle out a safe route through. The gameplay started to shift from an everyday platformer into one that is no longer humanly playable (well, at least not without an obscene amount of trial-and-error).

To work my way through chapter 7, I had to purchase the "pathfinder ball" and "slow down" powerups for almost every single level just to continue playing the game. What do these powerups do? The "pathfinder ball" draws you a safe route through the level (a ball moves along the outlined route to signify where you should be standing at any point in the level) and the "slow down" reduces all movement in the level, including your character and all obstacles, to 50% speed. The gameplay became nothing more than an elaborate game of mimicry.  Carefully trace the route outlined by the pathfinder ball until you reach the finish line. Do not deviate. Do not experiment. Death usually awaits those who dare to think otherwise.  

For the next 78 levels, I mindlessly followed the route outlined by the "pathfinder ball" until I finally made it: Level 319. The whole reason I started this game. I'll talk about this level in detail in a future post on my checklist but the short of it is this: I spent 35-40 hours on this single 1-minute level. Here's a sketchy-looking-phone-filmed video if you'd like to see my run for yourself (quality may be low by default but can be increased)!

Level 319 - Featuring Pain, Existential Dread, and Self-Loathing

I've since started work on level 320 and I'll report back if I make it to the end and earn the "Shenanigans!" trophy! :dance:

--

Extra Tier 5 Update?
I'm a little unclear on the rules, but I completed Sportsfriends a few hours ago which is a "non-platinum game without DLC that has no UR trophies but a UR 100% completion." The 100% completion percentage is 4.15% so, if it counts for the event, awesome! If not, that's okay because it only took an hour or two to finish. 

Nice job. 

I believe it must have at least one ur trophy to count. Maybe im wrong :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Dragon Quest heroes 2 --> No Man's Sky.  The DLC has an UR trophy, i suppose this still counts?

It looks legit to me, 2 UR trophies as per PSNP stats so I think that one is doable! Hosts please correct me if I'm wrong here!