The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks to the super helpful tips from @Evil_Joker88 and @Arcesius I ended up with a massive list of games which I've had to narrow down!

@Copanele I'd like to jump in if that's cool?

My first 5 are all games that I'd like to play regardless of trophies. But since as it's for a good cause, I will aim to get them all!

My list:

Furi 

Hyper Light Drifter 

Nex Machina 

Rise & Shine  

Vanquish 

I decided to pick games that look awesome but games that will be a challenge for me, again, it's for a good cause so I'm all in. 

I will try my best to get through this list before the end of the year. Unfortunately I don't have buckets of free time due to work and family. I'll probably keep some more casual games going along side these to break things up if I start getting frustrated.

You can join the event no problem... Welcome!

Also, that's an awesome selection of games! The first three are among my favorite games on the PS4, hope you enjoy! :)

Should play Vanquish at some point myself, now that ot released on PS4... ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks to the super helpful tips from @Evil_Joker88 and @Arcesius I ended up with a massive list of games which I've had to narrow down!

@Copanele I'd like to jump in if that's cool?

My first 5 are all games that I'd like to play regardless of trophies. But since as it's for a good cause, I will aim to get them all!

My list:

Furi 

Hyper Light Drifter 

Nex Machina 

Rise & Shine  

Vanquish 

I decided to pick games that look awesome but games that will be a challenge for me, again, it's for a good cause so I'm all in. 

I will try my best to get through this list before the end of the year. Unfortunately I don't have buckets of free time due to work and family. I'll probably keep some more casual games going along side these to break things up if I start getting frustrated.

Welcome! Any time is a good time to join xD 

No rush or stress, as long as you enjoy the games :) 

• Like 1

@Copanele Thanks mate! Looking forward to playing through these games!

@Arcesius I'm not sure if it's on offer where you are but Vanquish is 60% off for me right now at £7.99 GBP on the psn store. Also would like to ask if this thread is an appropriate place to post progress/frustrations and talk tips with others involved? Or is that better done in the respective forum for the game I'll be playing? 

I've listed my games in the order I intend to tackle them, although that could change lol. Furi is one I'm most hyped to play as it just looks like my sort of game! Vanquish is just about Ultra Rare though by the looks of it, so would it be wise to start with that instead?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Also would like to ask if this thread is an appropriate place to post progress/frustrations and talk tips with others involved? Or is that better done in the respective forum for the game I'll be playing? 

I actually waited for Arcesius to answer to that but heh he snoozes he loses xD 

So yeah, sure, tips and advices can be shared no problem (as long as they're not status update level - you can PM the users directly). And of course, as long as they're within the rules of the site, you can even complain! Heard that this site has a mystical power, every time you genuinely say "x is impossible", the next few tries you will achieve that thing.

Also what @Joe Dubz said is 100% accurate :D 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Tier 3

1. Battle Fantasia (0.60%) 100% 2705.png

2. Dead or Alive 5 (0.51%) 97%

3. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (4.36%) 61%

4. Rez Infinite (3.47%) 6%

5. Sonic Mania (1.78%) 19%

L9c5d8c.png

Oh boy, this one was a ride. A very unfun and grindy ride 1f61f.png. Hands down the worst Arc System Works game i've played. The core gameplay is average at best. It feels clunky and stiff to play compared to modern fighters so i feel it's a fighting game best left in the past. I do like some of the characters but the overall 2.5d look of the game does no favours to what they were going for here with the character designs. The Heat mode is an interesting mechanic that makes your character 'heated' and allows for stronger versions of existing moves and even allows for moves to be executed that are unique to the Heat mode. The Gachi system, otherwise known as the parry is the cool looking 'tryhard' mechanic designed to emulate Street Fighter 3's popularised parry system.

For some reason this game has the single most amount of UR trophies I've seen in any game. I got near 50 UR trophies from this game alone and I realise more people may jump onto this game after hearing me say that but there is one trophy I'll talk about that is considered to make this game a difficult completion. The Gachi move is tied to what many consider the single hardest trophy in the game and the Platinum blocker - You Want Me To WHAT? ( 'In single-player arcade mode, on a difficulty higher than NORMAL, survive Deathbringer's Apocalypse Flame attack and win the round with full health.) This aptly named trophy did scare me a bit when first starting the game as it is effectively asking you to parry each of Deathbringer's 22 hits in his Super Special move in order to not take chip damage and end the round with a perfect. You have to time each parry in the right frame in order to be successful, if you mistime one parry out of the 22 hits then you have to lose on purpose to try again. Props to the person at Arc System Works who had the balls to make this a trophy in the first place; the well deserved sole Gold trophy in the list.

I don't think anyone who has the Platinum on this game would agree with me on this but I think beating 30 opponents in Survival mode is the hardest trophy in the game. The slight overrated nature of the aforementioned Gold trophy means this one always gets glossed over. The AI is ridiculous in the later fights and reads your inputs and not much information on this trophy exists on even on the guides apart from 'lol use Deathbringer dummy'. Also, I could have done without the boring monotonous grind that is the story mode and gallery completion but it is what is and i'm glad to be done with this game.

Congrats on finishing this! I did see at least one other person say that the survival trophy was harder. Was the story any good? And what difficulty rating would you give this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Congrats on finishing this! I did see at least one other person say that the survival trophy was harder. Was the story any good? And what difficulty rating would you give this?

Thank you.

I'll make a compilation of tips on the Battle Fantasia page as I think it could do with a 2021 update for newcomers to the game. Story was ok, I did start skipping the cut-scenes when I started playing with the characters I had no interest in. It plays very similar to Blazblue Continuum Shift/Shift Extend story mode, what makes it annoying was all the repeat playthrough's.

My difficulty rating is 8/10. I think it's a bit overrated for it's difficulty personally.

• Like 3

Man, you managed to finish BattleFantasia. Hats off to you. That's one impressive achievement.?

I am relieved to hear that the Deathbringer trophy is not as hard as some people make it out to be. I mean, it's still very hard but it doesn't sound as impossible within my head now that you've gone through it.

I haven't played the SP portion of the game fully yet, but it does feel kind of mediocre for an ArcSys fighter. The 2.5D visuals come off as weak even for an arcade of that time, and the gameplay, while solid, did feel a bit clunky from what little I played. Even so, the game is quite an oddity to watch in motion and I'm looking forward to completing it myself. At least I hope Coyori will carry me through. She's the only decent-looking character in the entire roster IMHO, lmao. ?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Man, you managed to finish BattleFantasia. Hats off to you. That's one impressive achievement.1f44d.png

I am relieved to hear that the Deathbringer trophy is not as hard as some people make it out to be. I mean, it's still very hard but it doesn't sound as impossible within my head now that you've gone through it.

I haven't played the SP portion of the game fully yet, but it does feel kind of mediocre for an ArcSys fighter. The 2.5D visuals come off as weak even for an arcade of that time, and the gameplay, while solid, did feel a bit clunky from what little I played. Even so, the game is quite an oddity to watch in motion and I'm looking forward to completing it myself. At least I hope Coyori will carry me through. She's the only decent-looking character in the entire roster IMHO, lmao. 1f602.png

Thanks.

Literally the first thing me and @Copanele thought of when we started playing it to boost online was Honor_Hand is gonna like Coyori ?

• Like 3