The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

49 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Pardon my french but what a steaming pile of fucking shit NYMHC in max payne 3 is. Breezed through the whole thing just for the game to freeze on me before the last level. If you're gonna implement a 3 hour perma death mode at least make the damn thing fully functional.

y0RCOos.jpg

I agree totally. On my Hardcore run and already got freezes and glitches several times

• Like 3

On 12/23/2020 at 10:55 PM, Kishnabe said:

1st Tier:

Jump Force   2.96% UR 100% Done July 21st 2021 

Judgement 4.37% UR 42% Done

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate 5.00% UR 2% Done

Rocket Arena (PS4): 4.57 % UR  28% Done--100% Done June 4th 2021

Fall Guys 1.44% UR 61% Done---100% Done May 26th 2021

Swaps (4/5)

Dragon Quest Heroes II (PS4) : 4.38% UR 5% Done  for Fall Guys 1.44% UR 61% Done

Tennis World Tour (PS4) : 0.88% UR   20% Done for Jump Force 2.96% 0% Done

Penny-Punching Princess (Vita) : 3.40% UR  94% Done for Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate 5.00% UR 2% Done

Street Fighter X Tekken (Vita) : 1.19% UR  88% Done for Judgement 4.37% UR 42% Done

Used my 4th swap. Fully Invested in Judgment. Won me over to the Yazuza series. 

SFxT Missions are pissing me off. I going to clear those patiently first before relisting in any future tiers. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Le4d2e6.png 

:platinum: 0.79/0.38%

Difficulty: 6/10 

Score: 9/10 

Second game in tier 2 finished. I remember playing this when I was younger thinking it was one of the best games of that console generation and within its genre now here I am many years later, gotta say I still think so. Max payne 3 was ahead of its time and still to this day there isn't  anything quite like it. I wasn't into trophies back then but it's one of those games I always wanted to go back and finish due to how highly I rated it in the past but also because of its reputation so I'm glad to finally get it done. 

Difficulty wise I must say, it's quite overrated and i personally don't think it's a 9/10 or even 8/10. After 5 playthroughs you know the entire game by heart and become a headshot master so at that point all that's really in your way is the damn glitches/freezes you can come across in your New York minute hard-core run. I'm sure most of you know by now but it's essentially a 3 hour perma death run with a timer that increases every kill you get. Seems daunting but the game is set to normal difficulty in this mode so it's not too bad especially if you know the location of all the painkillers which acts as healing and make a huge difference when you're stocked up on em. Would of gotten it done on my first attempt but the game froze on me (see rant earlier) then glitched on my second attempt but the third one was where I smashed it. Still had me shaking at the last chapter cause I was thinking of all the things that could go wrong or even worst the game could freeze up on me 1f605.png

Will likely finish Jamestown next as I only have the hardest trophy left but can't be arsed to practice right now. 

wk39vEi.jpg

Good stuff! Glad yourself and many others seem to be saying that this game is a great game, I'd have to agree. One of my favourites of all time. I really hope they bring it to PS4/5 but with these more common freezing bugs ironed out. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Good stuff! Glad yourself and many others seem to be saying that this game is a great game, I'd have to agree. One of my favourites of all time. I really hope they bring it to PS4/5 but with these more common freezing bugs ironed out. 

Cheers, one can hope that someday they'll get around to making a sequel or something but with the amount of money Rockstar makes with their online stuff I doubt it's high on their list. Just imagine how great it would be if they brought the series back on modern consoles with their attention to detail and talent as a studio. Also Max as a character is something else, never got tired of his commentary and dude drops nothing but gems whennever he speaks it seems lmao. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Cheers, one can hope that someday they'll get around to making a sequel or something but with the amount of money Rockstar makes with their online stuff I doubt it's high on their list. Just imagine how great it would be if they brought the series back on modern consoles with their attention to detail and talent as a studio. Also Max as a character is something else, never got tired of his commentary and dude drops nothing but gems whennever he speaks it seems lmao. 

His quotes are great and his voice actor is also excellent. Some great attires to boot too. Max Payne 4 would be amazing but as you say, at this point they're solely interested in milking GTA Online for every penny they can, hence the lack of games from them in the past 8 years. Shame really as they are/were an amazing developer. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Dzware said:

Finished my first 2 Tier 5 games!

Nova-111 has an interesting concept, and was kinda fun at first, but the lack of challenge quickly made it pretty boring, so it was mostly just following a collectibles guide while easily navigating through the campaign.

TorqueL was  a bit more fun imo, the unique mechanics of this platformer made it an interesting game, too bad though that the levels themselves are a bit uninspired, as there's only a few types of obstacles. Still had a good time with this game overall though. It had few tricky sections in some levels, but overall I wouldn't really call it a challenging game.

Tier 5

Nova-111 (Vita, 2.51%) - 100%

TorqueL (PS4, 0.87%) - 100%

I completely missed your Tier 5 promotion(sorry), updated now!! Congrats!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pot1414 said:

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW COPANELE???

Nope I am not even close to being happy. WHERE IS THE KUNG FU SUFFERING FOR MORTAL KOMBAT? That's what this Copanele is waiting for xD 

Joke, congrats for Max Payne 3 ? that online sounded horrendous

11 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Alright folks, strap in it’s time for an update.

Tier 1

1. Lords of the Fallen FzmZ9lf.png (4.20%) - 85%

2. Hunted: The Demons Forge FzmZ9lf.png (4.82%) - 100%

3. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition FzmZ9lf.png (2.09%) - 100%

4. Slain: Back From Hell - 28%

5. Max Payne 3 - 92%

8UIT46H.png

#227 - Lords of the Fallen

Well, you guys warned me. I’m not gonna lie, I absolutely hated this game for the first few hours and had a moment of panic where I started thinking what the hell was I thinking choosing this utter pile of shite? But ultimately I came to enjoy it quite a bit, and I’m really glad to clear this one from the backlog as it has been sitting there for ages.

In the beginning of the game you are really underpowered and the combat just feels broken and unbalanced. You move and swing your weapons incredibly slow and have very little stamina, leaving you open for stun locks and mob gang rapes at every turn. Enemies seem to operate under completely different rules and can literally float 12 feet across the floor as they swing weapons at you and have seemingly infinite stamina and poise on top of it. The first couple bosses weren’t even difficult at all - it was the regular mobs! In particular the Tower Shield enemies because you just don’t really have the tools you need to deal with them early on. And the game has these completely inexplicable difficulty spikes in very random spots which makes the pacing feel off at first.

However, after 6-7 hours I began to adapt my play style to the game, and managed to find some better weapons and gear, level up a bit, and start experimenting with different rune combinations on my gear, and this is where the game started to get pretty fun. A lot of the criticism this game gets is deserved as it does have a ‘rough around the edges’ feel to much of it, but there’s also a lot of stuff it did pretty well. The combat is decent when you get adjusted to the slower style, the environments are pretty to look at and interesting to explore, and there’s a lot of fun to be had in experimenting with different gear and tailoring your armour/weapons to different situations.

Big congrats, glad that you found a bit of fun :D 

HOWEVER!

...I want your input about the DLC when you get to it :> THAT'S the "Fallen" experience.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

Big congrats, glad that you found a bit of fun :D 

HOWEVER!

...I want your input about the DLC when you get to it :> THAT'S the "Fallen" experience.

Thanks Cope! ?

I looked up a quick review for it and noticed the entire thing is comprised of ghost enemies which are a pain to fight, so I’m sure it’s going to be fun lol. I also read that the boss has a really cheap one hit KO move too, but unlike the Worshipper from the main game there aren’t as many safe areas to flee too. Sounds like a helluva time! I’ll probably pick it up this week and put this one to bed for good. 

Btw - Do you have any idea how the DLC difficulty works?

Does it scale to your NG+ cycle like the main game enemies do, or is the difficulty setting independent of the world state in the main game? My main save file is in NG++ so I’m wondering if that will make the DLC a huge pain in the ass, or whether I should fall back to an earlier save file I stored on a USB drive?

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Btw - Do you have any idea how the DLC difficulty works?

Does it scale to your NG+ cycle like the main game enemies do, or is the difficulty setting independent of the world state in the main game? My main save file is in NG++ so I’m wondering if that will make the DLC a huge pain in the ass, or whether I should fall back to an earlier save file I stored on a USB drive?

My advice is falling back to an early save. The main issue is that the enemies inflict magic damage there and you get the magic defence set in the very same DLC. OnNG++ I expect the enemies to one shot you at every step 

And yes the final DLC boss has an instakill move but it can be dodged. That boss was kinda the only good part of the game for me xD