The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

On 9/7/2021 at 3:42 AM, dieselmanchild said:

I got The Surge on PS+ at some point and I’m definitely going to check that out. I’ve heard that it’s pretty good and I saw Deck13 say they learned a lot between games. Interestingly enough, I just heard recently there is a Lords of the Fallen 2 sequel coming, but it’s being developed by an entirely different team (CI Games I think?) and they’re promising to make a lot of changes and fixes to things that didn’t work out so well in the first one.

The devs recently tweeted out that “the upcoming sequel moves the franchise to a dark fantasy setting, and introduces a fully revised and more challenging combat system.

They say it is their biggest project to date and they are hoping it could be successful enough to become a franchise.

What do you guys think? Is this enough to get you to give it a shot when it drops?

Oh man... yeah, the game is fun to laugh AT, not fun to play ? Good luck with the DLC... What a piece of crap ?

I will definitely play Lords of the Fallen 2. The reason being that Deck13 have actually shown that they are capable of putting together a decent game. The Surge is a lot of fun. The Surge 2 is also pretty good, although the difficulty is way too low for a game like that (probably the easiest souls-like I've played to date). But I enjoyed both games a lot. If they can make a game like that, but keep the fantasy setting from Lords of the Fallen... Yeah, I think they might actually put together a pretty good game :)  

• Like 3

Can I just list one game for my tier 2 (Amplitude) and use swaps for any more that I complete?

I know that's not how the event was designed but also:

1. I have no idea which UR game I'm going to tackle next (if even any more this year).

2. I have 9 swaps.

3. There's no fundamental difference between me doing that or just listing 4 random games and swapping them later.

2 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

Catherine: Full Body is done. Hardest platinum to date, and most unpleasant grind. Babel took me hours worth of retries to learn, but once it clicked, I got through the remaining 3 stages fairly quickly. The story is phenomenal but I don't recommend this game. I don't say that because of the challenge; I say that because of the grind for gold prizes. I'm thrilled that it's over.

This is the reason I'm really glad I played the PS3 version, you only need to get the golds on Hard so it's way less of a grind.... on the downside, it's harder (no item in Babel, no rewind on hard), and you don't get the extra content (RIN).

Either way, grats on getting through it Yuber!

• Like 1

On 2021-09-07 at 9:43 PM, Copanele said:

My advice is falling back to an early save. The main issue is that the enemies inflict magic damage there and you get the magic defence set in the very same DLC. OnNG++ I expect the enemies to one shot you at every step 

And yes the final DLC boss has an instakill move but it can be dodged. That boss was kinda the only good part of the game for me xD

Ok good to know, thanks! I’m glad I decided to back up an earlier save for this exact reason.

On 2021-09-07 at 11:30 PM, Arcesius said:

I will definitely play Lords of the Fallen 2. The reason being that Deck13 have actually shown that they are capable of putting together a decent game. The Surge is a lot of fun. The Surge 2 is also pretty good, although the difficulty is way too low for a game like that (probably the easiest souls-like I've played to date). But I enjoyed both games a lot. If they can make a game like that, but keep the fantasy setting from Lords of the Fallen... Yeah, I think they might actually put together a pretty good game :)  

That’s the interesting thing though… Deck13 is not actually involved in the development! I saw Deck13 commenting directly on a YouTube video review of LotF recently where they confirmed this.

Apparently CI Games opened a new studio called Hexworks and passed the project off to them. According to what I read, CI Games is hailing LotF2 as their biggest and most ambitious project to date and are hoping it will be a big success and turn into their next big franchise.

By all accounts, they are making a lot of positive changes and addressing the issues that people had with the first game, which is welcome news. But I’m wondering if the baggage of being tied to the first Lords of the Fallen game in people’s minds will end up weighing the project down right from the start? It might be hard to hype consumers up for a sequel to a game that had really mediocre reception, especially if people assume it’s made by the same devs.

On the other hand though, the gaming landscape has changed significantly since LotF was first released. Back then it was apparently criticized very heavily for ripping off Dark Souls, whereas nowadays this is no longer seen as a bad thing, the ‘Soulslike’ genre has boomed, and people will happily eat up any Dark Souls clones they can get their hands on. So either way it should be interesting!

• Like 1

I'll give this a go, why not?  Be nice to get a few of these off my backlog, and it's for a good cause too!  Sounds like a win win to me :)

I made it easier (also harder?) on myself by only selecting games I already own that have an UR :platinum:.

Already Started

Dragonball FighterZ - 2.68% :platinum: - 2 UR trophies total - 75% completion

Stranded Deep - 2.21% :platinum: - 14 UR trophies total - 5% completion

Not started

Amnesia Collection - 3.79% :platinum: - 3 UR trophies total

Greedfall - 4.03% :platinum: - 1 UR trophy total

Party Crashers - 2.40% :platinum: - 10 UR trophies total

Party Golf - 3.76% :platinum: - 2 UR trophies total

PUBG - 1% :platinum: - 14 UR trophies total

Portal Knights - 3.26% :platinum: - 3 UR trophies total

The Forest - 4.28% :platinum: - 1 UR trophy total

Thief - 3.77% :platinum: - 8 UR trophies total

Ultimate Challenge Bonus Round

Long Journey Home - 0% :platinum: - 31 UR trophies total

Maybe bit off abit more then I can chew here over the next few months but won't know until we try!  Bets of luck to all the participants, and thanks for your generosity OP :awesome:

• Like 4

Sorry for the slow updates guys, vacation time at my side + hard to get some WiFi. 

Anyway time to edit!

On 9/8/2021 at 9:20 AM, TrickyCompa said:

going to drop out of the event, thanks for letting me join I had lots of fun :D

Thanks for participating :D I will add a "RETIRED" tag, you can rejoin at any time should you change your mind :) 

If you want me to specifically remove you from the event let me know!

On 9/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, Arcesius said:

Oh man... yeah, the game is fun to laugh AT, not fun to play 1f605.png Good luck with the DLC... What a piece of crap 1f602.png

That DLC still gives me nightmares...being instakilled by invisible giants with hammers...

I so hope LotF2 will be good.

11 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Can I just list one game for my tier 2 (Amplitude) and use swaps for any more that I complete?

I know that's not how the event was designed but also:

1. I have no idea which UR game I'm going to tackle next (if even any more this year).

2. I have 9 swaps.

3. There's no fundamental difference between me doing that or just listing 4 random games and swapping them later.

That's an unusual request, but if you want to use a swap every time I don't think that would break the rules.

@Arcesius what do you think?

10 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

Catherine: Full Body is done. Hardest platinum to date, and most unpleasant grind. Babel took me hours worth of retries to learn, but once it clicked, I got through the remaining 3 stages fairly quickly. The story is phenomenal but I don't recommend this game. I don't say that because of the challenge; I say that because of the grind for gold prizes. I'm thrilled that it's over.

1. BlazBlue: Centralfiction (3.57% UR) - 100%

2. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (2.73% UR platinum, 1.79% UR full completion) - 100%

3. BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (2.98% UR platinum; 2.19% UR full completion) - 100%

4. Battle Fantasia (0.59% UR) - 18%

5. Catherine: Full Body (2.80% UR) - 100%

Remind me to mail you some painkillers, or at least a bag of inhalable morphine ? big congrats my dude :D 

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

On the other hand though, the gaming landscape has changed significantly since LotF was first released. Back then it was apparently criticized very heavily for ripping off Dark Souls, whereas nowadays this is no longer seen as a bad thing, the ‘Soulslike’ genre has boomed, and people will happily eat up any Dark Souls clones they can get their hands on. So either way it should be interesting!

I felt that the problem with LotF was mostly ONLY ripping off Dark Souls while not bringing anything in return, resulting only in a poor knockoff, a poor man's Dark Souls.

The rest of the Souls likes at least learned from LotF's mistakes and brought their own twist on the formula. Of course, none managed to beat Souls at their own genre, but they're VERY close to do so (Nioh doesn't count, Arcesius, that game is more Path of Exile meets Ninja Gaiden than Dark Souls ?).

Anyway again, best of luck with the DLC. Heh Heh.

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I finished up Killing Floor 2. Very easy as i just needed the latest collectibles trophy :D

I want to swap another game

Out: Wet

In: Portal Knights

Wait, didn't you switch Wet before in the first post of this page? I am confused xD 

26 minutes ago, felatio_deltoro said:

I'll give this a go, why not?  Be nice to get a few of these off my backlog, and it's for a good cause too!  Sounds like a win win to me :)

I made it easier (also harder?) on myself by only selecting games I already own that have an UR :platinum:.

Already Started

Dragonball FighterZ - 2.68% :platinum: - 2 UR trophies total - 75% completion

Stranded Deep - 2.21% :platinum: - 14 UR trophies total - 5% completion

Not started

Amnesia Collection - 3.79% :platinum: - 3 UR trophies total

Greedfall - 4.03% :platinum: - 1 UR trophy total

Party Crashers - 2.40% :platinum: - 10 UR trophies total

Party Golf - 3.76% :platinum: - 2 UR trophies total

PUBG - 1% :platinum: - 14 UR trophies total

Portal Knights - 3.26% :platinum: - 3 UR trophies total

The Forest - 4.28% :platinum: - 1 UR trophy total

Thief - 3.77% :platinum: - 8 UR trophies total

Ultimate Challenge Bonus Round

Long Journey Home - 0% :platinum: - 31 UR trophies total

Maybe bit off abit more then I can chew here over the next few months but won't know until we try!  Bets of luck to all the participants, and thanks for your generosity OP :awesome:

Heyo there! That's a nice list there! You will have to choose 5 of those from the listas your Tier 1, so I can enlist you :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Copanele said:

Wait, didn't you switch Wet before in the first post of this page? I am confused xD

I wanted to give me a reason to play Wet again but i haven't had time for it. I'm mostly playing Magicka 2, nearly done with that and i started Portal Knights DLC with a friend. I don't think i'll play Wet this month so i'll put it in the next Tier

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I wanted to give me a reason to play Wet again but i haven't had time for it. I'm mostly playing Magicka 2, nearly done with that and i started Portal Knights DLC with a friend. I don't think i'll play Wet this month so i'll put it in the next Tier

Ok, but what I meant is that you have The Last Guardian and Magicka 2 left on your Tier. Do you want to swap Portal Knights in and Last Guardian out? Wet is already out. 

Or maybe i missed something? 

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

P.S. As for my own progress... I'm currently playing my last game of Tier 3: RAD. The game was fun for the first 10 hours or so. It is a stylish rogue-like, but holy shit is it grindy. I'm currently trying to break the game, and if it works it should save me 40+ hours... If it doesn't work... Well then I guess I see you all next year 1f602.png 

Hang in there man!! I was just spying on your progress last night and you're very close... I really hope your method works and I will def update the guide if so!

• Like 2

On 2021-09-09 at 11:55 AM, Copanele said:

I felt that the problem with LotF was mostly ONLY ripping off Dark Souls while not bringing anything in return, resulting only in a poor knockoff, a poor man's Dark Souls.

The rest of the Souls likes at least learned from LotF's mistakes and brought their own twist on the formula. Of course, none managed to beat Souls at their own genre, but they're VERY close to do so (Nioh doesn't count, Arcesius, that game is more Path of Exile meets Ninja Gaiden than Dark Souls 1f602.png).

I still haven’t played Nioh. I’m fact I’d totally forgotten I own it, but I need to get around to this one some time because it looks like one of the more interesting Soulslikes out there. I just looked it up thinking it might make a good future pick for this list, but I was surprised to find there’s not a single UR trophy in the entire list. Not even the DLCs which are known to be very difficult.

Just goes to show there’s a whole bunch of crazy masochistic sons of bitches who love these types of games. You know the type of mafuckas I’m talking about, the typa dudes who do SL1 runs of Dark Souls and stuff. *cough*

5 hours ago, Miles said:

Update time  I guess... I finally made some serious progress in this tier, obtaining Crypt of the Necrodancer platinum last month.

That is absolutely incredible dude, congratulations and huge props!! 

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I still haven’t played Nioh. I’m fact I’d totally forgotten I own it, but I need to get around to this one some time because it looks like one of the more interesting Soulslikes out there. I just looked it up thinking it might make a good future pick for this list, but I was surprised to find there’s not a single UR trophy in the entire list. Not even the DLCs which are known to be very difficult.

Wait till you see Nioh 2. Not only it has no UR, at that completion percentage you'd think it's an actual easy game ? But definitely go for it, Nioh is one unique game! Just make sure you have some pen&paper ready, you'll need to take notes in-game xD 

18 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Just goes to show there’s a whole bunch of crazy masochistic sons of bitches who love these types of games. You know the type of mafuckas I’m talking about, the typa dudes who do SL1 runs of Dark Souls and stuff. *cough*

I swear I won't ever get these people who love torturing themselves in videogames...goddamn psychopaths :awesome:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Arcesius said:

P.S. As for my own progress... I'm currently playing my last game of Tier 3: RAD. The game was fun for the first 10 hours or so. It is a stylish rogue-like, but holy shit is it grindy. I'm currently trying to break the game, and if it works it should save me 40+ hours... If it doesn't work... Well then I guess I see you all next year 1f602.png 

I'm planning on doing this in the near future, so if you do find some sort of time save please share the info haha. ?

• Like 1