The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

Regrettably, even though I've been trying to finish the PS3 backlog of games I lost hope on, I don't know that I'll finish Tier 1 before December 31st, 2021. I'm including other UR games I haven't completed 100% as a reference for myself in the event I reach Tier 2 or need to swap. Supporting Alzheimer's research through gaming is an awesome idea.

TIER 1

1. Medal of Honor Warfighter. 1.49% DONE

2. The Playroom. 0.66%

3. The Last of Us. 4.22%, 0.6%

4. LA Noire. 10.74%, 4.55%

5. Ghost of Tsushima. 49.51%, 0.94%

POTENTIAL GAMES

PS3

Brain Challenge. 0.11%

Naughty Bear. 0.77%, 0.26%

Max Payne 3. 0.82%, 0.41%

Call of Duty World at War. 6.3%, 2.18%

The Fight. 0.4%

Sackboy's Prehistoric Move. 2.57%

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. 7.52%, 1.2%

Dead Nation. 5.63%, 1.25%

Street Fighter IV. 0.62%

Marvel Pinball. 0.09%

Shatter. 1.19%

Savage Moon. 2.22%

Batman Arkham Origins. 1.91%, 1.04%

The Fancy Pants Adventures. 2.03%

Need For Speed The Run. 2.79%, 0.8% [servers offline]

Medal of Honor Frontline. 3.19%

Wheelman. 2.58%

Midnight Club. 1.17%, 0.77%

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. 3.76%

Fast Draw Showdown. 2.6%

Sports Champion. 0.53%

Fuel. 1.73%

Eyepet. 4.18%

PS4

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. 16.45%, 0.67%

Conan Exiles. 24.4%, 0.33%

Thief. 3.76%

Days Gone, 31.28%, 1.24%

• Like 2

On 12/23/2020 at 1:31 AM, Copanele said:

A game is only eligible it it had at least one unobtained UR trophy, be it in the main game or DLC.

I'm a bit confused on this statement. For example, the 100% completion rate for Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is 1.02%, with the rarest trophy in the game being Extreme Manhunt at 5.19% (PSNP score). This trophy is considered Very Rare on PSNP, though not Ultra Rare (less than 5%).  https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8846-tom-clancys-the-division-2/58-extreme-manhunt 

My first question is, would The Division 2 count as an UR submission or not? Is the criteria ultra rarity of 100% total game completion, or must that 100% completion also contain at least one specific trophy that is Ultra Rare by PSNP rating?

This leads to my second question: are we using PSNP rarity, or Sony PSN rarity? I assume we are going by PSN Profiles rarity, which lists Extreme Manhunt's trophy rarity at 5.19% (Very Rare). However, on PSN, the trophy is listed at 2.7%, which is Ultra Rare. I am confused by how these numbers are so different.

An even more confusing example is Division 2's final raid DLC trophy is listed at 12.73% (Rare) on PSNP, yet is only 1.1% (Ultra Rare) on PSN.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8846-tom-clancys-the-division-2/61-iron-breakers

My final question regards the unobtained date. Can we submit any UR, 100% games that has been completed since January 1, 2021? Or do we have to submit on this thread first, then earn the trophy AFTER the date we submitted on this thread? There are less than two months left in 2021, so I won't clear five unfinished UR games before 2022. 

I busted my butt for 100% in Division 2. If my effort can be used to raise money for Alzheimer's research and music, I'd like to submit my Division 2 100% completion. If not, that sucks, but them's the breaks.

6 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

-snip-

I can answer some questions for you even though I don't run this event.

The game needs to have at least one UR trophy according to PSNProfiles (not PSN).

Division 2 has 0 UR trophies therefore it does not count:

MAOm0iE.png

All games need to be submitted first, 5 games per tier.

Lastly, PSNP uses geometric mean to calculate DLC rarities. You can search on this forum for discussions about this and why it's good/bad.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

-- snip --

Late to reply, but yes, as HusKy mentioned. Only PSNP rarity counts, exceptions are in the main post. So unfortunately none of the games mentioned are eligible.

Also you have to first register a game and then complete it. So Medal of Honor doesn't count either :(

You can add stuff like Naughty Bear, Brain Challenge or Arkham Origins from what I see on your list xD Just as a suggestion, those are DEFINITELY eligible.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Late to reply, but yes, as HusKy mentioned. Only PSNP rarity counts, exceptions are in the main post. So unfortunately none of the games mentioned are eligible.

Also you have to first register a game and then complete it. So Medal of Honor doesn't count either :(

You can add stuff like Naughty Bear, Brain Challenge or Arkham Origins from what I see on your list xD Just as a suggestion, those are DEFINITELY eligible.

Okay, I definitely have to rework my list. Damn.

I will be swapping out Assetto Corsa in favour of NASCAR Heat 4. I did not buy a wheel yet, and if I did have one I would have nowhere to put it right now. I will return to that one later.

This way I might still have a chance finishing my second tier after months of hardly any time to game. :)

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 3

Not much progression today and I'm about to adding new ultra rare games.

My progress:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV - PS3 91% platinum (Ultra Rare 0.93%)

2. Grand Theft Auto V - PS3  25%(Ultra Rare 1.78%)

3. Injustice: Gods Among Us - PS3 52% (Ultra Rare 0.28%)

4. Blur - PS3 82% (Ultra Rare 1.54%)

5. Silent Hill 2 HD - PS3 90% (Ultra Rare 3.26%)

6. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - PS3 40% (Ultra Rare 2.45%)

• Like 3

On 12/23/2020 at 10:55 PM, Kishnabe said:

1st Tier:

Jump Force   2.96% UR 100% Done July 21st 2021 

Judgement 4.37% UR 42% Done 100% Done September 11th 2021

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate 5.00% UR 100% Done November 2nd 2021

Rocket Arena (PS4): 4.57 % UR  28% Done--100% Done June 4th 2021

Fall Guys 1.44% UR 61% Done---100% Done May 26th 2021

Tier 2:

Tennis World Tour 2 1.08% UR  91% Done-->100% Done November 4th 2021

Don't Die, Mr. Robot!  2.22% UR 71% Done

Toukiden: The Age of Demons 1.83% UR 58% Done

FINAL FANTASY XV  22.78% Platinum Rarity/ DLC  Trophy at 3.53 UR%/0.32 UR 100%   20% Done

Hardware: Rivals 2.76 UR  18% Done

Swaps (5/5)

Dragon Quest Heroes II (PS4) : 4.38% UR 5% Done  for Fall Guys 1.44% UR 61% Done

Tennis World Tour (PS4) : 0.88% UR   20% Done for Jump Force 2.96% 0% Done

Penny-Punching Princess (Vita) : 3.40% UR  94% Done for Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate 5.00% UR 2% Done

Street Fighter X Tekken (Vita) : 1.19% UR  88% Done for Judgement 4.37% UR 42% Done

Woah Dave!  0.50 UR  71% Done for  Hardware: Rivals 2.76 UR  18% Done

Using Final Swap (Woah Dave for Hardware Rivals)

Looking to complete it before Server Closure anyways.

EDIT: Not a Final Swap...Free of Charge Swap it is.

The game is Shutting Down December 8th 2021 

https://imgur.com/a/B6Nsvq4

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 3

1L4e8300.png

And the 4th game of tier 2 is finished which is Brink. This one was quick but I wouldn't say painless because I did everything offline and that includes getting the AI to disarm a mine. This game has one of the stupidest AIs I have encountered. Oh well other than that not much to say.

Of course Copanele is still angry with me because I have been shouting at him without having finished Mortal Kombat. Damn it Copanele it is coming!!! It is the only game left in tier 2 so I don't really have a choice. Congratulations Copanele you have me cornered. It is time to make you proud and happy.

@Copanele

Of course you will be so happy Copanele that you will let me skip tier 3 and go to tier 4 as we have already established. Your excitement will be overwhelming and Arc won't notice. Unfortunately while I have no idea what tier 4 is going to be I can tell you Copanele that it isn't going to include a fighting game. Sorry...

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Eqill5 said:

Okay, I’ve noticed this a few times now... @Copanele you’re either really piling the pressure on that man to finish Mortal Kombat or there’s an inside joke or something going on that only he is in on, what’s with all of the shouting of your name? 1f914.png1f602.png

This comment seriously has me in stitches right now ??? I'm willing to bet the latter part of it is the correct answer!

Case in point:

On 11/1/2021 at 3:32 PM, Copanele said:

Well congrats...but....as I've seen you shout out-ing me before....

29d.jpg

??

• Like 3

Ok, to cover more important topics (sorry, been abit away lately)

On 11/6/2021 at 10:29 AM, poetic_justice_ said:

OK, list reworked.

Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

PSN: poetic_justice_

Tier 1

1. Brain Challenge. 0.11%

2. Fast Draw Showdown. 2.6%

3. The Fight. 0.4%

4. Sackboy's Prehistoric Move. 2.57%

5. Naughty Bear. 0.77%, 0.26%

POTENTIAL GAMES: PS3

Call of Duty Black Ops. 3.99%

Street Fighter IV. 0.62%

Eyepet. 4.18%

Sports Champion. 0.53%

Yoostar 2 3.36%

Medieval Moves 0.42%

Lemmings. 3.96%

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. 3.76%

The Fancy Pants Adventures. 2.03% 

Medal of Honor Frontline. 3.19%

Wheelman. 2.58%

Fuel. 1.73%

Homefront [servers closed, no mp] 3.06% campaign 

Batman Arkham Origins. 1.91%, 1.04%

Comet Crash 3.92%

Burn, Zombie, Burn

Marvel Pinball. 0.09%

Shatter. 1.19%

Need For Speed The Run. 2.79%, 0.8% [servers offline]

Midnight Club. 1.17%, 0.77%

Max Payne 3. 0.82%, 0.41%

POTENTIAL GAMES: PS4

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. 16.45%, 3.06%

Thief. 3.76%

Days Gone, 31.28%, 1.24%

Conan Exiles. 24.4%, 4.86%

Now that looks like a good list :D best of luck there!

On 11/6/2021 at 11:05 PM, GrantVernonHart said:

6. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - PS3 40% (Ultra Rare 2.45%)

You can't add a 6th game in a Tier, sorry, unless you swap with an already existing game.

17 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Using Final Swap (Woah Dave for Hardware Rivals)

Looking to complete it before Server Closure anyways.

EDIT: Not a Final Swap...Free of Charge Swap it is.

The game is Shutting Down December 8th 2021 

https://imgur.com/a/B6Nsvq4

Agreed. Swap is free of charge :D

I see you guys still go strong! Best of luck, wreck them ultra rares!!

I will also (hopefully) join too later on with Persona 4 Arena, working on the Score Attack mode. 4/13 characters done already, this game pulls no punches. I will see if I can add it this year or next year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eqill5 said:

Okay, I’ve noticed this a few times now... @Copanele you’re either really piling the pressure on that man to finish Mortal Kombat or there’s an inside joke or something going on that only he is in on, what’s with all of the shouting of your name? 1f914.png1f602.png

Both are correct!!!

17 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Believe me I am as confused as you are 1f602.png apparently there is an inside joke, only that I am not part of it xD

I mean yeah if I couldn't stand the person, I would have recommended him to platinum that infernal game but like this... beats me! Guess he loves my Kratosichu! Or the name, which legit means "chicken drumsticks" in Romanian and causes hunger or something.

Actually I think we established that you are so motivated that you will restart all the Tiers and start from the beginning :P we can fix the list now if you wish xD

Jokes aside, what's with the shoutouts? What's the catch?Why would you think you can skip tiers?

And most importantly!

dec11aef4087d586ad0528e5c9b06372.gif

First of all I do like your name even though I didn't know it meant something in Romanian and now that I know I like it even more!!! And the avatar is fire!!!

Honestly guys I'm as confused as you are. The shoutouts just give me power to move on and earn ultra rare trophies. As for the tier jumping I guess it was wishful thinking because I saw you as a friend who would defy the rules for my sake. Look I will deliver the Mortal Kombat platinum to you as planned and then I will move on with my life. Everything will be alright.

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Now that looks like a good list :D best of luck there!

I will also (hopefully) join too later on with Persona 4 Arena, working on the Score Attack mode. 4/13 characters done already, this game pulls no punches. I will see if I can add it this year or next year.

Believe me, the list was not intentional. Almost every game on it was added during a chapter in my Hall of Gaming Shame.

1. Trophy Whore Years (2008-2009) "Whee! I'm getting trophies on EVERYTHING! Who cares about finishing?" When trophies came out, I collected them like mad. Quantity mattered more than quality, and my completion rate still suffers for it. I played games I hated and avoided games I liked, all for the sake of trophies. Friends eventually showed me the wisdom of finishing games. Earning one challenging platinum was more rewarding than 10 cheap golds. Duffyside and skippycue demonstrated that.

Brain Challenge*

Bionic Commando

Burn, Zombie, Burn*

Comet Crash*

Dead Nation*

Lemmings

Marvel Pinball* - “Marvel Purgatory Ball” is more like it. Many tables aren’t fun.

Mirror's Edge*

Pixeljunk Monsters and Encore*

Pixeljunk Racers 2nd Lap

Street Fighter IV

Warhawk*

2. "WHAT?! They added DLC?!" (2010-present) Any games in this post with an asterisk* had DLC added. Rockstar, EA, Activision, Ubisoft and others realized they could use trophies to manipulate gamers into buying more content for games they had already owned. Whether that DLC was worth playing or not was secondary; publishers wanted more money. In some cases, I didn’t complete the DLC because had already moved on to another game, the DLC was WAY harder than the original game, I wasn’t willing to pay for bloatware, or I thought the DLC trophies were stupid.

Battlefield Hardline* - Seriously? 40,000 kills?! For four BRONZE trophies?

Call of Duty Black Ops*

Conan Exiles*

Days Gone*. The DLC challenges are broken. The timers need more seconds.

Dying Light*. Parkour Fever and Bozak Horde are stupid. Add +10 seconds to the parkour timers and incorporate a wave select for Bozak.

Ghost of Tsushima*

Max Payne 3*. How do people complete this DLC without boosting? - servers closed

Savage Moon*

Uncharted 2* - servers closed

Uncharted 3*. 50 DLC trophies? Are you kidding? - servers closed

3. PS3 Move Phase. (2011-2012) “Look, I have a Move controller! I can play video games AND get in shape!” You can tell by the completion percentages how well my fitness idea worked. In my defense, I did platinum Zumba. 

Eyepet 1% -servers closed

Fast Draw Showdown 14%

The Fight 4%

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves 19%

Sports Champion 15%

Yoostar 2 7% -servers closed

4. “Don’t move! I’ll be right back!” (2011-present) These games I started but for whatever reason never completed. I liked them, but became distracted.

The Adventures of Tin Tin

Afrika

Age of Wonders: Planetfall*

Batman: Arkham Origins*

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare*

Comet Crash*

Darksiders

Dead Space

Dead Nation*

Homefront

Fuel

L.A. Noire*

The Last of Us*

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit*

The Playroom VR*. See PS3 Move reasoning above.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Sniper Elite V2

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed*

Zombie Army Trilogy

5. “Whoa! That’s really hard!” Be it competitive PVP, brutal races, cheap AI tactics, ridiculous times, difficulty spikes, no in-game assistance (maps or counters) for trophy-related tasks, or some other nastiness, these games hide a platinum/100% breaker that reached out and smacked me in the face harder than The Zohan’s right foot.

Batman Arkham Asylum

Critter Crunch

Dying Light*

The Fancy Pants Adventures. You know why there’s no sequel on consoles? Because the original is terrible.

MAG - servers closed

Max Payne 3*

Medal of Honor Frontline. Old school FPS brutality: no health regen.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor* DLC

Midnight Club* - servers closed. My save file lost all my wins (88% of all races), but left me with my cash, my cars, and miles traveled. 

Mirror’s Edge*

Need for Speed: The Run* - servers closed

Playroom. Ninja Bots, kill every enemy solo.

Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. Using the six-axis sensor of the Dualshock 3 for a directional attack sucks.

Shatter

Thief

Wheelman. I hate pandas.

6. "Oh crap, the servers are closing!" (2020-present) This brings me back to the poor choices of my trophy whore years. With older PS3 and PS4 servers being phased out, do I commit to 100% completing these games while I still can, or do I leave them behind to experience newer, more enjoyable titles? Should I complete the aging multiplayer trophies, or leave the incomplete percentages as they are to explore new territory? With 45 unfinished PS3 titles and 15 unfinished PS4 titles, the continued scalping of PS5s, and a limited budget, I think I’m going to try to finish as many PS3/PS4 multiplayer titles from the list as I can in 2022. 

7. The Imperfect Connosieur (2019-present) This is where I’d like to get with all my games. Most of my PS4 titles on my profile are played to 100% completion. I take time selecting which titles interest me, evaluate the multiplayer trophies, weigh the time commitment and difficulty, research guides and YouTube videos, then commit or pass on a title. Frequently, I wait until all DLC is released and patched before I commit. I may never 100% all the games I choose, and that’s okay. Friends and fun make these titles worthwhile. Trophies are a nice bonus.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare*

Call of Duty: WWII*

All the best to you on Persona 4! I hope it goes smoothly and you have fun.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 2