Jump to content

1.06 Update


GTAJJ

Recommended Posts

Version:

1.06

 

Size:

16.848 GB

 

Features:

 

Quests

  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific

  • Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes

 

Q&A:

 

Yes they still work...lol

 

Gettin' Warmer is still bugged

Edited by GTAJJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PandaGuyBonson said:

The size of the download for a little fix 1f914.png doesn't make sense to me. 


While the file size is pretty big, the archaic way software updates (pre-PS5 only native code) is to replace entire chunks of code and assets when “small” fixes are made inside one of those chunks. 
 

Mark Cerny discussed this in his initial PS5 presentation Road to PS5. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, it should only be about 16GB to update the game from scratch to this version? Just wanting to make sure that's how they're doing and not going 2016 Doom and make a hug as update file afterwards. Because I remember that with the game ending up being a big file to download because of the whole updates not being compressed (I think is the term used).

 

Unless of course, I'm reading it wrong, and this 16GB is for the update to go from the previous one to this update.

 

Just wanting to now make sure before tomorrow comes around for when I can get the game and install it from the disc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

So, it should only be about 16GB to update the game from scratch to this version? Just wanting to make sure that's how they're doing and not going 2016 Doom and make a hug as update file afterwards. Because I remember that with the game ending up being a big file to download because of the whole updates not being compressed (I think is the term used).

 

Unless of course, I'm reading it wrong, and this 16GB is for the update to go from the previous one to this update.

 

Just wanting to now make sure before tomorrow comes around for when I can get the game and install it from the disc.

The patch size from scratch will most likely be larger due to previous patches. Day 1 Patch was about 35gb itself.

 

Btw I'm trying myself and can't get it too happen yet. But can anyone else confirm the Save Corruption caused by data larger then 8mb. is fixed in this version too? I see game journos are saying that it was fixed in this patch (on PC at least) wondering if it's been fixed for console as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The patch size from scratch will most likely be larger due to previous patches. Day 1 Patch was about 35gb itself.

Fair enough.  I know that the game is suppose to be around 110GBs now, as in, including the patches.  Though it could be a bit bigger now.  But no matter, I can still delete other games from my system if need be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Btw I'm trying myself and can't get it too happen yet. But can anyone else confirm the Save Corruption caused by data larger then 8mb. is fixed in this version too? I see game journos are saying that it was fixed in this patch (on PC at least) wondering if it's been fixed for console as well.

 

There was another thread saying the default save file size is already bigger than 8 mb, somewhere around 12 mb. I don't think the 8 mb save file issue affects Playstation saves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

There was another thread saying the default save file size is already bigger than 8 mb, somewhere around 12 mb. I don't think the 8 mb save file issue affects Playstation saves.

Alright cool, I've had a couple corrupted saves before didn't know if they were from crashes or that bug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Deadsh0tdoubleG said:

Did anyone with the stick drift bug check if it has been fixed with this patch?

 

I had drifting with my cyberpunk also, but it turns out the controller was wonky.. got a new controller and my drifting went away.. so it could be your controller also.

 

And they still haven't fixed the crashing, just got a few crashes on the ps5.. o.o

Edited by ArsGoetia
more
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...