When will it go on sale

lettmon

Hello from ITALY, guys!

Well, I don't know about the prize in Dollars / Pounds but I can tell you that this game is TRULY WORTH spending 29,99 Euros for the Digital Game of the Year Edition.

I mean, I started it on December the 7th, I'm still playing it - I'm still on holiday break, at the moment... I'll be back home tomorrow night - and, without even starting the DLC, I am waaaaay above 20 hours of real playing time; hence, even if you paid more money, it would still be a good investment.

It is undoubtedly one of the most entertaining and satisfying games I've ever played in the last 10 years.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, lettmon said:

I don't like spending more than 15 usd/euro on a game. My psychological limit is 30 euro, I think no game is worth more than that. I have plenty of other games to play while I'm waiting for Spider Man to go on sale.

It was on PS Now, so most likely be a Plus game soon. 

29 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It was on PS Now, so most likely be a Plus game soon. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the ps4 version never made it to ps plus, because that would confuse the new players when Spider Man 2 is released, with the new Peter and all 

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hotel_Security said:

You're a walking paradox. You want to save money yet you purposely go to the medium that will save you the least money. If you want to save money on games, you avoid digital because retail stores are going to give you deals...not whatever halfassed deals you get on the PSN which are always the same publishers giving the same discounts on the same games every month.

Physical is how you save money. Get the GOTY edition new in stores for less than $20. Has the game and all the DLC. You can find this everywhere. Most folks have it marked down even lower now, even brand new.

They purposely don't drop the online price of the DLC because they know there are weirdos like you who hate physical copies of things...they know you'll end up paying more for the same product just to have it digital. Feel free to be a digital elitist all you want but you should get rid of this idea of you saving money while doing so.

You want all digital? You pay for it. Want to save money? Try physical.

Physical is often cheaper yes but not always.  Both will have heavily discounted sales.

Ubisoft games like AC, Watch Dogs, etc. for example if you want the season pass (gold edition) are usually much cheaper on sale digitally than a physical copy that contains all of the content.

32 minutes ago, Hotel_Security said:

You're a walking paradox. You want to save money yet you purposely go to the medium that will save you the least money. If you want to save money on games, you avoid digital because retail stores are going to give you deals...not whatever halfassed deals you get on the PSN which are always the same publishers giving the same discounts on the same games every month.

Physical is how you save money. Get the GOTY edition new in stores for less than $20. Has the game and all the DLC. You can find this everywhere. Most folks have it marked down even lower now, even brand new.

Good luck finding deals on physical games here in Eastern Europe. Both businesses and individuals try to squeeze the last cent out of their physical games. You will never find great deals here, not even for PS3 stuff, people still ask 10-15-20 bucks for their used games. Last year I bought 4 used PS3 games for 20 bucks from someone and that is considered a great deal here while in USA you can buy heaps of PS3 games for 2 to 3 bucks per game.

I buy most of my games digitally on sales for 5 bucks.

37 minutes ago, lettmon said:

people still ask 10-15-20 bucks for their used games.

This isn't unique to Europe. Most used games are not going to drop that much further after they get below $18-$20 in retail. And given that my goal is to pay $20 or under on most games, I don't see why this would be considered terrible. In the case of Spidey, they had the GOTY edition at $20 with all the DLC included. Good luck finding a better deal online.

I gotta wonder what you're expecting here. If you think 10-15-20 bucks is too much then what are you looking for? Games at $5 or less when they've only been out for a few years? That doesn't exist no matter where you live in the world. Getting a game under $20 is often the most you're going to get...it's only so low they can go before it becomes pointless for them to even sell it since it makes no money.

40 minutes ago, lettmon said:

I buy most of my games digitally on sales for 5 bucks.

Yes, and they're likely all five years or older because, outside of games by certain publishers (Ubisoft, Activision, Sony, Warner Bros, etc), 5-year-old games are the only good deals you're going to get online. Or you're buying small-time indy games that get crazy sales just to get copies out the door. In either case, you're not getting online deals on anything recent or anything popular.

Want this game at $5 or less? Wait two more years and it will be. Demanding $5 from a popular game this quickly will just result in frustration.

Or you can wait for PSN+ to have it for free like some suggest...but given you're paying a monthly fee for that, that's not really for free and someone who wants to save as much money as you would probably not waste money like that.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hotel_Security said:

I gotta wonder what you're expecting here. If you think 10-15-20 bucks is too much then what are you looking for? Games at $5 or less when they've only been out for a few years? That doesn't exist no matter where you live in the world. Getting a game under $20 is often the most you're going to get...it's only so low they can go before it becomes pointless for them to even sell it since it makes no money.

I'm waiting for it to drop to 15 bucks. I picked up Uncharted 4, God of War and GT Sport each for 15 bucks digitally in last October.

44 minutes ago, lettmon said:

I'm waiting for it to drop to 15 bucks. I picked up Uncharted 4, God of War and GT Sport each for 15 bucks digitally in last October.

UC4 and GOW didn't have season pass DLC content. The City That Never Sleeps bundle has never been less that $12.50 on sale. I suppose if you don't care about the DLC, you may find the base game for less than $15, but the digital deluxe edition for $20 is probably about as good as you're going to get in the near future.

Honestly, if you bought the PS4 to play this game and you're squabbling over $5, I really question why you would have spent several hundred on the console.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2021 at 9:04 AM, diskdocx said:

Spider Man is a perfect Plus game. It ticks all the boxes.

it is a first party game

it already has a ton of owners and has been on sale many times - most people who want it probably own it already.

It has a lot of paid DLC, which at this point is more expensive than the base game

It has been on PS Now

There is now a PS5 remaster available 

I would be shocked if it is not a Plus game this year.

I think that they probably keep putting it on sale because it still sells.  I think that it will eventually be a Plus game (either it or the remaster or both) but I don't think it's going to happen until closer to Spiderman 2.

On 03/01/2021 at 2:04 PM, diskdocx said:

Spider Man is a perfect Plus game. It ticks all the boxes.

it is a first party game

it already has a ton of owners and has been on sale many times - most people who want it probably own it already.

It has a lot of paid DLC, which at this point is more expensive than the base game

It has been on PS Now

There is now a PS5 remaster available 

I would be shocked if it is not a Plus game this year.

Would love if the PS5 remaster came on plus, it will be the PS4 version most likely though.

Often games that have lots of DLC get the base game given away on PS plus eventually. Perhaps with Spiderman we'll be in luck. However it's way too new still, might be given away in like 2022 or 2023, remember that it took almost 5 years before Bloodborne was on PS+

Maybe.

I would like to live in one of your countries, where new physical games are cheap or you can even rent them, because here in Portugal, physical games are very expensive and they only get cheaper on the few occasions that Sony lowers the prices themselves (like Black Friday or Days of Play).

PS Store’s promotions are my best option to buy games and they happen much more often than sales on physical games. I would have much less games, without these digital sales, that always happen every two weeks.

Just as a quick example, the physical version of Crash 4 is now 70€ on Portuguese stores, whereas the digital version of the same game is 35€, until Friday, on PS Store. I don’t think it’s hard to figure out what the best deal is, especially if you don’t have much money to buy games (because, yeah, I can understand that you can sell physical games and get some of your money back).

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 1/7/2021 at 4:18 AM, lettmon said:

For the americans, who don't understand geography, here is an example for you:

Clipboard-2.jpg
about william wordsworth in short

As you can see people want 40 euro (50 usd) for freaking GTAV on PS3 physical in 2021 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png That's how physical deals work here in eastern block.

Wow a game from 2 generations isnt super cheap? Your lucky though in America some NES games are HUNDREDS of dollars! FOR AN 8 BIT GAME THATS OLD!

• 4 weeks later...

I usually don't find better deals here in Belgium for retail compared to digital. However, I happened to spot in Lidl (German supermarket which is also in Belgium) physical copies of Spider-Man, God of War, Last of Us Remastered and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for 9 euros. Mental really. I had Gow, HZD and TLOU already, but I snatched a copy of Spider-Man for 9 euros, and now the season pass in on sale for 10 euros. Spider-Man for 19 euros, solid deal imo.