XMAS GIFT 100.000.000 ZENI in 1h GLITCH

I8albert

IMPORTANT, This only works in special events where there's FREE ZENI rewards once you enter in the online server. If you entered and claimed the reward already, the glitch won't work anymore. The reward must be active and you haven't entered the server. This video was recorded at 12/25/2020, so if you watch this video later, probably the event has expired.  But it can be used for future events.

The glitch consists in 7 easy steps.

1. Launch the game

2. Select PLAY OFFLINE.  Once you enter the arena, look at the money you have (reference), press Start / Options and return to the main menu.

3. Select PLAY ONLINE.
3.1 IMPORTANT.  Several windows will appear, loading server information, credentials, recent server updates, etc.  Just when all the windows disappear and a BLUE SYMBOL appears in the upper left margin of the screen (a blue ball circling), you have to quickly press the PS or Home button, go to SETTINGS on your console, NETWORK and DISCONNECT FROM INTERNET.

4. BEING DISCONNECTED, return to the game as normal and an error message will appear, followed by a cinematic.  Simply press the continue button and it will take back to the main menu.

5. STILL DISCONNECTED, Select PLAY OFFLINE.  Enter to the arena normally and see that your Zenis have risen. Press Start / Options and return to the main menu.

6. Once in the main menu screen, press the PS / Home button, go to Settings / Network / Enable your internet connection.

7. Return to step 3 and repeat as many times as you want.

Remember that if you have an error and you enter the online server and come to claim the reward within the server, this Glitch will no longer work.  When you go online, there is usually a somewhat long cinematic, so you have time to go to settings and deactivate the network without problem as long as you have not skipped the cinematic.  But I recommend that after seeing the blue symbol when the online loading windows disappear that you deactivate the internet connection.

Hope this helps!

Merry Xmas everyone!

• Like 1

I just wanted to say for anyone who wants to try this, do so at your own risk. DBFZ is a popular online game where your data gets stored on servers. This is clearly not something that's supposed to be happening, and they will be able to tell it's being abused if they look close enough, so exploiting it could lead to a ban. They also may not care or do anything, but I just thought people should be warned.

43 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I just wanted to say for anyone who wants to try this, do so at your own risk. DBFZ is a popular online game where your data gets stored on servers. This is clearly not something that's supposed to be happening, and they will be able to tell it's being abused if they look close enough, so exploiting it could lead to a ban. They also may not care or do anything, but I just thought people should be warned.

Now that you say that, I guess the best course of action for a person would be to never go online on the game's servers while holding an insane amount of Zeni, simply back up your save file while it has a lot of Zeni on it and delete the save, revert back to the save that has a lot of Zeni on it after you've done the online trophies. However, nobody has ever been banned for this and unlike other games with this kind of currency, Zeni on DBFZ is not a form of microtransaction and there are no items that you can buy with Zeni that would have otherwise costed real money. If you could get the DLC with Zeni similarly to how you can get DLC on SFV with Fight Money then maybe they'd issue bans, but I think that it's probably safe to do this while it lasts.Other than that, you can earn Zeni without being signed into PSN, I don't think they can track your activity that was performed without being connected to their servers so they should be oblivious to you increasing your Zeni amount out of nowhere.

If they cared though, I think they could just patch this out by requiring people to be logged into the servers for a set amount of time before the Zeni reward pops up... The reason this is exploitable is because the game registers Zeni from events while you are attempting to connect to the servers and you can pull out the internet during that. If they instead required a fully established connection and a short wait while on the servers to receive the bonus then it would be a one time bonus instead of being highly exploitable.

Edited by Sergen

55 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Now that you say that, I guess the best course of action for a person would be to never go online on the game's servers while holding an insane amount of Zeni, simply back up your save file while it has a lot of Zeni on it and delete the save, revert back to the save that has a lot of Zeni on it after you've done the online trophies. However, nobody has ever been banned for this and unlike other games with this kind of currency, Zeni on DBFZ is not a form of microtransaction and there are no items that you can buy with Zeni that would have otherwise costed real money. If you could get the DLC with Zeni similarly to how you can get DLC on SFV with Fight Money then maybe they'd issue bans, but I think that it's probably safe to do this while it lasts.Other than that, you can earn Zeni without being signed into PSN, I don't think they can track your activity that was performed without being connected to their servers so they should be oblivious to you increasing your Zeni amount out of nowhere.

If they cared though, I think they could just patch this out by requiring people to be logged into the servers for a set amount of time before the Zeni reward pops up... The reason this is exploitable is because the game registers Zeni from events while you are attempting to connect to the servers and you can pull out the internet during that. If they instead required a fully established connection and a short wait while on the servers to receive the bonus then it would be a one time bonus instead of being highly exploitable.

Except that in this case there it's not just random amount that could have been earned offline. You're repeatedly claiming the same reward, and it shows that on the server side. There's plenty of games that ban people for abusing exploits like this. Anyone is free to try it, but should beware of the risk involved. Not saying anyone will for sure get banned, but it is possible.

5 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Except that in this case there it's not just random amount that could have been earned offline. You're repeatedly claiming the same reward, and it shows that on the server side. There's plenty of games that ban people for abusing exploits like this. Anyone is free to try it, but should beware of the risk involved. Not saying anyone will for sure get banned, but it is possible.

It is unnecessary to overdo it like the guy in the thread has done by getting over 100million Zeni, 20million is the amount needed for the trophy. However you can benefit from getting extra Zeni because you'll be able to buy level 99 story mode characters which will make running through story mode a joke because you'll be overpowered. The games that have banned people for this have done it when the currency they're exploiting would have otherwise prompted people to spend real money instead of grinding it, whereas Zeni is purely there as a currency to unlock free items that have never been sold for real money. At least in the last exploit period nobody got banned for exploiting Zeni so I don't see why it'd change now. However I appreciate you giving the warning because you can't trust game developers these days... If this is someone's last trophy they have nothing to worry about when it comes to exploiting Zeni and can just do as much as they want and at least they'd have the platinum before they're banned.

The exploit was actually discovered by someone who had terrible internet who kept failing to connect to the servers but also noticed that every failed attempt gave him the Zeni reward amount, someone could probably bullshit their way through support by claiming their terrible internet caused them to take many attempts to login to the game and they just kept getting Zeni unintentionally.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, I8albert said:

IMPORTANT, This only works in special events where there's FREE ZENI rewards once you enter in the online server. If you entered and claimed the reward already, the glitch won't work anymore. The reward must be active and you haven't entered the server. This video was recorded at 12/25/2020, so if you watch this video later, probably the event has expired.  But it can be used for future events.

The glitch consists in 7 easy steps.

1. Launch the game

2. Select PLAY OFFLINE.  Once you enter the arena, look at the money you have (reference), press Start / Options and return to the main menu.

3. Select PLAY ONLINE.
3.1 IMPORTANT.  Several windows will appear, loading server information, credentials, recent server updates, etc.  Just when all the windows disappear and a BLUE SYMBOL appears in the upper left margin of the screen (a blue ball circling), you have to quickly press the PS or Home button, go to SETTINGS on your console, NETWORK and DISCONNECT FROM INTERNET.

4. BEING DISCONNECTED, return to the game as normal and an error message will appear, followed by a cinematic.  Simply press the continue button and it will take back to the main menu.

5. STILL DISCONNECTED, Select PLAY OFFLINE.  Enter to the arena normally and see that your Zenis have risen. Press Start / Options and return to the main menu.

6. Once in the main menu screen, press the PS / Home button, go to Settings / Network / Enable your internet connection.

7. Return to step 3 and repeat as many times as you want.

Remember that if you have an error and you enter the online server and come to claim the reward within the server, this Glitch will no longer work.  When you go online, there is usually a somewhat long cinematic, so you have time to go to settings and deactivate the network without problem as long as you have not skipped the cinematic.  But I recommend that after seeing the blue symbol when the online loading windows disappear that you deactivate the internet connection.

Hope this helps!

Merry Xmas everyone!

I explained it a bit in the other thread too, so for everyone reading this here:

When you are a new player, you need to play online first and atleast accept the ToS and private policy I also created a name. After doing that, return to the menu by turning the network off. You are now set to perform the glitch via the steps above.

On step 3: You can also turn of the network on the window for " communicating to server"  (4th window). Doing this will I guess net more time so lower chance for failure.