100 Saves Maybe Glitched

I’ve been in talks with the developers for a few months. I’ve worked with them to fix a number of bugs but it appears that the 100 saves may be glitched.

I’ve tried a number of ways (even a way that worked for someone on the EU version) and nothing seems to make it pop. I’m easily over 500 saves at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the trophies seem to be quite glitched for this game in general. I received 'Caretaker' despite a character getting killed in the fourth act. 

I also got Prosperous (getting 500 marks within a single chapter) without getting anywhere near that amount in a single chapter. It's perhaps cumulative, but mislabelled? I was barely above 100 for the chapter when it pinged for me. 

I have no idea how you got some of the trophies though. Hiding 10 people from persecution in one game; I didn't even save one person in my first playthrough haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 10:23 AM, Finch_III said:

I think the trophies seem to be quite glitched for this game in general. I received 'Caretaker' despite a character getting killed in the fourth act. 

I also got Prosperous (getting 500 marks within a single chapter) without getting anywhere near that amount in a single chapter. It's perhaps cumulative, but mislabelled? I was barely above 100 for the chapter when it pinged for me. 

I have no idea how you got some of the trophies though. Hiding 10 people from persecution in one game; I didn't even save one person in my first playthrough haha. 

It looks like someone got the plat (wanted to be the first).

I actually asked the devs for help on the 10 hides. You basically can do the 10 hide and 10 saves at the same time.

So in the 4th chapter, you have two missions that will allow you to rescue people. To get either to show up, you need to purchase a hideout (one pops up to buy mid-left of map but one pops up for free a little more left and above that sometimes). Once you have a hideout, the rescue missions appear.

The rescue mission at the top cost a good bit of money every time. The one at the bottom requires a series of missions to unlock and a one time fee but is free after that.

Now you need to make sure you have supplies. You need I think 4, every time you hide people. There’s a mission at the top of the map where you can steal supplies. Once you rescue people from either mission, your next turn you have to hide them in your hideout (this will be 2 people so you only have to do it 5 times). However, before you cans rescue any more you have to do the save mission on the far left of the screen.

The save mission costs a lot so make sure you’re getting money every turn. Once you save them, that’s two saves. Go back and do it again 5 more times to get the 10 hides and 10 saves.

If you have done that already, for the 100 (maybe it will work for you), you don’t have to hide them (but still need to buy the hideout to make the missions show) just rescue them and save them, then repeat.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:37 PM, Cloud_SOLDAT said:

Did you try deleting the game and/or the savefile(s)? In the past several other games needed this, if stats were bugged/glitched.

Sorry, yeah when I got a PS5 I did a fresh reinstall of the game and deleted all saved data to see if that helped...sadly it didn’t. As I said though, Someone got it, so it’s obtainable.

If anyone has luck please message me as I’d love to put this game behind me (as much as I enjoyed it).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigdaddykraven said:

It looks like someone got the plat (wanted to be the first).

I actually asked the devs for help on the 10 hides. You basically can do the 10 hide and 10 saves at the same time.

So in the 4th chapter, you have two missions that will allow you to rescue people. To get either to show up, you need to purchase a hideout (one pops up to buy mid-left of map but one pops up for free a little more left and above that sometimes). Once you have a hideout, the rescue missions appear.

The rescue mission at the top cost a good bit of money every time. The one at the bottom requires a series of missions to unlock and a one time fee but is free after that.

Now you need to make sure you have supplies. You need I think 4, every time you hide people. There’s a mission at the top of the map where you can steal supplies. Once you rescue people from either mission, your next turn you have to hide them in your hideout (this will be 2 people so you only have to do it 5 times). However, before you cans rescue any more you have to do the save mission on the far left of the screen.

The save mission costs a lot so make sure you’re getting money every turn. Once you save them, that’s two saves. Go back and do it again 5 more times to get the 10 hides and 10 saves.

If you have done that already, for the 100 (maybe it will work for you), you don’t have to hide them (but still need to buy the hideout to make the missions show) just rescue them and save them, then repeat.

Sorry, yeah when I got a PS5 I did a fresh reinstall of the game and deleted all saved data to see if that helped...sadly it didn’t. As I said though, Someone got it, so it’s obtainable.

If anyone has luck please message me as I’d love to put this game behind me (as much as I enjoyed it).

Oh, how do you know someone got the plat?? It's still showing up as 0.0% on the official PlayStation App for me. And can't see any platinum owners on PSN Profiles in the Europe or NA versions? Would be a bit gutted if that's the case ... I've put about 60 hours into it now hahaha. 

As for the Good Soul trophy, I managed to get the 10 'saves' trophy for the 'Rescuer' trophy. And I actually assumed you could get both trophies at the same time using the method you explained. But whenever I try and do what you've said, what seems to happen is that two people get 'stuck' in the hideout. So I break them out of the prison, stick them in the hideout, but then they won't ever leave! The top left mission doesn't show up until I've freed more prisoners. So it ends up with the two same people stuck in the hideout, but then I'm basically just freeing prisoners and sending them immediately across the border. 

Also, I notice you get supplies and hideouts in chapter 3, but I can't seem to trigger an event that lets me hide people in the hideouts once I've set them up. Am I missing something there?  

45 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

Oh, how do you know someone got the plat?? It's still showing up as 0.0% on the official PlayStation App for me. And can't see any platinum owners on PSN Profiles in the Europe or NA versions? Would be a bit gutted if that's the case ... I've put about 60 hours into it now hahaha. 

As for the Good Soul trophy, I managed to get the 10 'saves' trophy for the 'Rescuer' trophy. And I actually assumed you could get both trophies at the same time using the method you explained. But whenever I try and do what you've said, what seems to happen is that two people get 'stuck' in the hideout. So I break them out of the prison, stick them in the hideout, but then they won't ever leave! The top left mission doesn't show up until I've freed more prisoners. So it ends up with the two same people stuck in the hideout, but then I'm basically just freeing prisoners and sending them immediately across the border. 

Also, I notice you get supplies and hideouts in chapter 3, but I can't seem to trigger an event that lets me hide people in the hideouts once I've set them up. Am I missing something there?  

Ah, scratch that. I can see when I hover over the NA platinum that it's got 0.3% completion for the platinum, which is presumably one person who isn't signed up to PSN Profiles? 

Bah, that's a bit annoying ha. I suppose I can be the first on the European version. And the first on PSN Profiles.. If I can be arsed now. 

4 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Ive had that bug. You may need to load a previous time and try it again (or do another run).

As for chapter 3. I was told by the devs that you could buy the hideout in chapter 3 to make it easier on yourself for chapter 4 but there’s no people to save in that chapter.

I just deleted everything again and am trying to run the 100 saves again! I’ve been going at this for a couple months now. I should have had the platinum in October or November...this is frustrating as they confirmed what I’m doing should have made it pop. I wish they would have out a tracker on the trophy screen in the game...it would be nice to see if my numbers are counting.

Good Luck. I’m gonna go for it even if I’m not the first. It will be a pretty rare platinum unless the game goes free on PS+ one day.

3 hours ago, bigdaddykraven said:

Ive had that bug. You may need to load a previous time and try it again (or do another run).

As for chapter 3. I was told by the devs that you could buy the hideout in chapter 3 to make it easier on yourself for chapter 4 but there’s no people to save in that chapter.

I just deleted everything again and am trying to run the 100 saves again! I’ve been going at this for a couple months now. I should have had the platinum in October or November...this is frustrating as they confirmed what I’m doing should have made it pop. I wish they would have out a tracker on the trophy screen in the game...it would be nice to see if my numbers are counting.

Good Luck. I’m gonna go for it even if I’m not the first. It will be a pretty rare platinum unless the game goes free on PS+ one day.

Okay, thanks for your help. I'll give it another go. At the very least, I've been wracking up quite a few saved people with each playthrough because I've been trying different approaches. I'm still probably some ways off 100 though. I reckon I'm on about 25 hah. I noticed on Steam, one of the achievements is getting 20 sabotage missions in one playthrough. 20!! I barely scraped 10. 

As you say, not having anyone to save in chapter 3 is sorta weird. Setting up a hideout therefore seems a complete waste of a go. There is a 'Hide a family' mission in Chapter 3, but they don't end up in the hideout. There's also "Hide Klaus' in chapter 4, which I assumed would count, but from what you're saying I'm guessing it doesn't. 

To be honest, the port looks a bit rushed. Lots of mistakes and bugs. Have you noticed in Chapter 4 that the 'steal a weapon' mission has the mission description for 'steal SA funds' and vice versa? How does obvious stuff like that get through testing? ha

On 26/01/2021 at 4:59 AM, bigdaddykraven said:

Just as a heads-up, I got the platinum for this today. I didn't have any problems with the 100 saves trophy, so it looks like it was just glitched on yours. :( 

On 1/27/2021 at 6:55 PM, Finch_III said:

Just as a heads-up, I got the platinum for this today. I didn't have any problems with the 100 saves trophy, so it looks like it was just glitched on yours. :( 

Congrats. I’ve been running it all week. I have even deleted everything and started fresh to no avail.

Any chance you give a quick “guide” on how exactly you did yours (which missions you picked, did you just load a save at a previous point or did you play missions all the way through)?

I’m just beyond frustrated right now.

On 30/01/2021 at 7:02 AM, bigdaddykraven said:

Congrats. I’ve been running it all week. I have even deleted everything and started fresh to no avail.

Any chance you give a quick “guide” on how exactly you did yours (which missions you picked, did you just load a save at a previous point or did you play missions all the way through)?

I’m just beyond frustrated right now.

Yeah, no problem. 

So I stopped using manual saves for that particular trophy. I basically did complete playthroughs one after the other. I think I ended up doing 5 complete playthroughs when the trophy popped, so I'd built up a few saves from previous games. 

Apologies if I explain stuff you already know! My typical playthrough would be: 

Chapter 1: 

• Go for Great Escape (3 x uniforms) and sometimes, if lucky, also get The Truth Will Set Them Free 
  • If I have spare money, start getting the 'make records disappear' mission (80 marks) to set up future chapters. Once you get a few of these, you get a Contact (Big Wig?) - he basically completely clears all areas of red. I try to save him for Chapter 4. After getting wipe records a few more times, you get another Contact (Head of Department or something) who completely wipes suspicion from all your characters at once. Again, I save that for Chapter 4. 

Chapter 2

• Go for Freedom Bell (Bomb mission). This is purely for the Contact you get. It's the morale booster one. Gives you +50 morale, so - again - great for Chapter 4. 

Chapter 3: 

• Go for Safe Passage (truck and 3 uniforms). Again, this is for the Contact (Rabbi = +30 supporters). This is for Chapter 4 too. 
  • Make sure to do the 'Meet X' mission in the top right-hand corner so that you get the Prisoner of War contact. This opens up the free prisoner mission very quickly in Chapter 4. 

Chapter 4: 

• I basically do what you said several posts ago. I use all my contacts straight away, which opens up a lot of stuff and gives you loads of supporters (for the money). 
  • I free prisoners, then just ship them straight to the border. (Without using the hideout). I was averaging between 10 and 14 'saves' per playthrough once I got a system going. As mentioned above, I stopped using manual saves because I didn't really trust it. Even when the RNG was really against me, I still usually got 8 saves per playthrough anyway, so I didn't bother with save scumming. 
  • Once I'd 'won' the game, it would tell me how many saves I got for that mission ("more than 10" seemed to = 10"). Once the credits had rolled, I just pressed 'New Game' and launched right back into it. 

Rinse and repeat the whole process until it pings. 

To be honest though, it sounds like you've been doing it this way. So not sure anything I've written will help? Best of luck though! It was satisfying to be the first person to get it on PSN Profiles at least (if not everywhere). 

Edited by Finch_III

2 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Yeah, no problem. 

So I stopped using manual saves for that particular trophy. I basically did complete playthroughs one after the other. I think I ended up doing 5 complete playthroughs when the trophy popped, so I'd built up a few saves from previous games. 

Apologies if I explain stuff you already know! My typical playthrough would be: 

Chapter 1: 

• Go for Great Escape (3 x uniforms) and sometimes, if lucky, also get The Truth Will Set Them Free 
  • If I have spare money, start getting the 'wipe records' mission (80 marks) to set up future chapters. Once you get a few of these, you get a Contact (Big Wig?) - he basically completely clears all areas of red. I try to save him for Chapter 4. After getting wipe records a few more times, you get another Contact (Head of Department or something) who completely wipes suspicion from all your characters at once. Again, I save that for Chapter 4. 

Chapter 2

• Go for Freedom Bell (Bomb mission). This is purely for the Contact you get. It's the morale booster one. Gives you +50 morale, so - again - great for Chapter 4. 

Chapter 3: 

• Go for Safe Passage (truck and 3 uniforms). Again, this is for the Contact (Rabbi = +30 supporters). This is for Chapter 4 too. 
  • Make sure to do the 'Meet X' mission in the top right-hand corner so that you get the Prisoner of War contact. This opens up the free prisoner mission very quickly in Chapter 4. 

Chapter 4: 

• I basically do what you said several posts ago. I use all my contacts straight away, which opens up a lot of stuff and gives you loads of supporters (for the money). 
  • I free prisoners, then just ship them straight to the border. (Without using the hideout). I was averaging between 10 and 14 'saves' per playthrough once I got a system going. As mentioned above, I stopped using manual saves because I didn't really trust it. Even when the RNG was really against me, I still usually got 8 saves per playthrough anyway, so I didn't bother with save scumming. 
  • Once I'd 'won' the game, it would tell me how many saves I got for that mission ("more than 10" seemed to = 10"). Once the credits had rolled, I just pressed 'New Game' and launched right back into it. 

Rinse and repeat the whole process until it pings. 

To be honest though, it sounds like you've been doing it this way. So not sure anything I've written will help? Best of luck though! It was satisfying to be the first person to get it on PSN Profiles at least (if not everywhere). 

Thanks! I’ve been doing something much like this but there’s a few differences so I’ll try to follow yours a bit more closely and see if this helps. I recently just wiped everything and started from 0, so hopefully there’s no problems. I’m at 18 so far after 3 play through. I had some bad luck where in previous runs I could get 12 or 14 per a run, I’m lucky to get 6 or 8 now lol.

Quick question. Did you have any times you’d go to do the mission where you help them across the border and it would say it was successful but the picture of the two prisoners were not there and on the next day the mission to help them across the border was still there (when I did it again, it typically went as expected then)?

I run into that and am assuming if the mission doesn’t go away, it doesn’t count. Then again, maybe thats where mine glitches!

Even if it doesn’t help me, it was nice that you posted for anyone else who may want to tackle this eventually.

3 hours ago, bigdaddykraven said:

Thanks! I’ve been doing something much like this but there’s a few differences so I’ll try to follow yours a bit more closely and see if this helps. I recently just wiped everything and started from 0, so hopefully there’s no problems. I’m at 18 so far after 3 play through. I had some bad luck where in previous runs I could get 12 or 14 per a run, I’m lucky to get 6 or 8 now lol.

Quick question. Did you have any times you’d go to do the mission where you help them across the border and it would say it was successful but the picture of the two prisoners were not there and on the next day the mission to help them across the border was still there (when I did it again, it typically went as expected then)?

I run into that and am assuming if the mission doesn’t go away, it doesn’t count. Then again, maybe thats where mine glitches!

Even if it doesn’t help me, it was nice that you posted for anyone else who may want to tackle this eventually.

Yeah, I had that glitch pretty much every game where you'd do the border mission (supposedly successfully) but it doesn't seem to register and the mission is still available afterwards. 

As you say, it would usually just mean doing the mission again and it would seem to do it properly the next time. I'm not sure whether it counts towards the trophy or not. I only started counting how many people I was saving each run after I'd got all the other trophies. So I think mine popped when I had done 5 more complete playthroughs and had about 70 saves (but obviously had picked up others in previous playthroughs). 

Honestly, it was quite a buggy game. For instance, in Chapter 4, I always had to use the Hideout that you paid 80 marks for. The free abandoned one would never let me stash people in it. So I'd set it up, but it just wouldn't trigger a mission where you could hide people. 

Manual saves were also buggy for me. When I loaded them up, I noticed a lot of map icons would disappear, so it was difficult to know what missions opened up new stuff. That's why I stopped using them for the 100 Saves trophy; they just seemed glitchy and I didn't want to risk them messing with the trophy. 

Another bug I had was that if I had more than a full page of contacts, I couldn't scroll through them all and pick the ones I wanted. I basically had to use all of the ones on the first page, and then wait for the next turn for other contacts to be available. 

Edited by Finch_III

On 1/30/2021 at 8:33 PM, Finch_III said:

Yeah, I had that glitch pretty much every game where you'd do the border mission (supposedly successfully) but it doesn't seem to register and the mission is still available afterwards. 

As you say, it would usually just mean doing the mission again and it would seem to do it properly the next time. I'm not sure whether it counts towards the trophy or not. I only started counting how many people I was saving each run after I'd got all the other trophies. So I think mine popped when I had done 5 more complete playthroughs and had about 70 saves (but obviously had picked up others in previous playthroughs). 

Honestly, it was quite a buggy game. For instance, in Chapter 4, I always had to use the Hideout that you paid 80 marks for. The free abandoned one would never let me stash people in it. So I'd set it up, but it just wouldn't trigger a mission where you could hide people. 

Manual saves were also buggy for me. When I loaded them up, I noticed a lot of map icons would disappear, so it was difficult to know what missions opened up new stuff. That's why I stopped using them for the 100 Saves trophy; they just seemed glitchy and I didn't want to risk them messing with the trophy. 

Another bug I had was that if I had more than a full page of contacts, I couldn't scroll through them all and pick the ones I wanted. I basically had to use all of the ones on the first page, and then wait for the next turn for other contacts to be available. 

Got it! Honestly, I think I accidentally found a way to get the 100 saves quicker too, but I can’t test it now.

Im half tempted to get the EU version and try it but honestly, I don’t wanna go through the hassle of setting up an EU account.

To anyone wanting to try it...once you get to the 4th chapter, go through the steps to start breaking out and saving people. Once you go to save, let the save animation finish, (if there’s a cutscene that’s when I did mine, but before you get to the next day, hit options and then Exit To Main Menu.

It will say something about unsaved, that’s fine. Once on the main menu, hit continue, you should be back at the start of that day ready to do the save mission again. Keep doing that and after 50 times, it should pop.

Good luck, I hope you all have an easier time than I did!

4 hours ago, bigdaddykraven said:

Got it! Honestly, I think I accidentally found a way to get the 100 saves quicker too, but I can’t test it now.

Im half tempted to get the EU version and try it but honestly, I don’t wanna go through the hassle of setting up an EU account.

To anyone wanting to try it...once you get to the 4th chapter, go through the steps to start breaking out and saving people. Once you go to save, let the save animation finish, (if there’s a cutscene that’s when I did mine, but before you get to the next day, hit options and then Exit To Main Menu.

It will say something about unsaved, that’s fine. Once on the main menu, hit continue, you should be back at the start of that day ready to do the save mission again. Keep doing that and after 50 times, it should pop.

Ah, congrats! And yes, if that exploit works, then it would definitely be waaay faster than doing multiple playthroughs. 

I wonder why it was glitching out on your last runs? 

• 2 months later...

I love everything that has to do with WW2 and I never heard about this game until I saw that it’s on sale at the moment. There is very little info about this game so I have a couple of questions.

Is this game any good?

What type of gameplay does this game have?

How long does it take to play through the game?

On 09/04/2021 at 0:39 PM, Baker said:

I love everything that has to do with WW2 and I never heard about this game until I saw that it’s on sale at the moment. There is very little info about this game so I have a couple of questions.

Is this game any good?

What type of gameplay does this game have?

How long does it take to play through the game?

I enjoyed it. It's a strategy game, with some rogue-like elements (if your main character dies or your resistance movement's morale gets too low, it's game over. And you start from the very beginning). 

Here's a link to gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSb01HqEe1Y

A runthrough of the game probably takes about two hours? (After your first few playthroughs, you'll end up skipping most stuff though, so you can do it in an hour). To get the platinum, it probably took me about 30-40 hours, but there are no guides or anything out there. You can probably do it in half that if you were doing a platinum-optimal run. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 0:47 AM, bigdaddykraven said:

I can verify this method worked for me to get the 100 saves.  After getting the rescuer trophy to save 10 people in a playthrough, I immediately loaded up the last save and ran the mission again.  I reloaded and ran it again a total of 38 times before the trophy popped, which is about what I was expecting given the other playthroughs I had completed.  I didn't even exit all the way to the main menu, once it got to the screen where it shows either the book detailing morale and supporter gains/losses, or the screen that shows someone about to get arrested, I hit options and loaded the save straight from there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumba said:

I can verify this method worked for me to get the 100 saves.  After getting the rescuer trophy to save 10 people in a playthrough, I immediately loaded up the last save and ran the mission again.  I reloaded and ran it again a total of 38 times before the trophy popped, which is about what I was expecting given the other playthroughs I had completed.  I didn't even exit all the way to the main menu, once it got to the screen where it shows either the book detailing morale and supporter gains/losses, or the screen that shows someone about to get arrested, I hit options and loaded the save straight from there.

Awesome! I’m glad it’s here for others to use. This was the most painful trophy for me and stopped me from being the 1st person in the world to plat the game.

Thanks for confirming!

10 hours ago, Jumba said:

Nice one! Took me about 40 hours to plat the game, with about half of that on just this trophy haha. 

Should make this a much easier platinum for future players. I see the game is being advertised pretty prominently on PlayStation Now at the moment, so I'm expecting a bunch more players to pick it up. 

• 1 year later...

For anyone wanting the full turn sequence.. This got me Good Soul / Rescuer on turns 19 & 20 and then the cheese to do the 100

Pre-requisites

As advised I did the following missions in each chapter

Chapter 1: Great Escape AND Truth will set you free

Chapter 2: Freedom Bell

Chapter 3: Safe Passage AND also the guy to top right

Before doing the first run of missions pop as many contacts as you can, but its really important you do the priest to open up the talk to christian community/supply truck path. YOU WILL NEED TO CHECK CONTACTS AGAIN ON TURN 2 as some of them are hidden and aren't available in turn 1.

Donation character: High empathy / propoganda

1 – Talk to christian community / contact forced laborers

2 – convince forced laborers / start collecting from wedding donations / ambush supply delivery

3 – Help organising strike / ambush supply delivery II / wedding donations

4 – setup hideout / destroy nazi symbols / wedding donations

5 – document war crimes / wedding donations

6 – Free forced laborers / wedding donations / make records disappear

7 – Hide fugitives in Schoeneberg / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg HIDE 1-2

8 – Bring fugitives to the front / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg SAVE 1-2

9 – Free forced laborers / wedding donations / make records disappear

10 – Hide fugitives in Schoeneberg / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg HIDE 3-4

11 – Bring fugitives to the front / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg SAVE 3-4

12 – Free forced laborers / wedding donations / make records disappear

13 – Hide fugitives in Schoeneberg / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg HIDE 5-6

14 – Bring fugitives to the front / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg SAVE 5-6

15 – Free forced laborers / wedding donations / make records disappear

16 – Hide fugitives in Schoeneberg / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg HIDE 7-8

17 – Bring fugitives to the front / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg SAVE 7-8

18 – Free forced laborers / wedding donations / make records disappear

19 – Hide fugitives in Schoeneberg / wedding donations / donations Kreusberg HIDE 9-10 – GOOD SOUL!!!

20 – Bring fugitives to the front SAVE 9-10 RESCUER!!!!

Once the red arrow appears after completing the mission hit options, and load the latest save and repeat (40 times)

• Like 2