Mafia II, what did you think?

Dreakon139

I adore this game, i love the christmas feel at the beginning, and the music is great. I personally would say it's better than GTA V, it's just the little things, like refueling your vehicle and speed limit amongst other things.

Better than GTA V?? It's good but doesn't reach half of what gta is

Better than GTA V?? It's good but doesn't reach half of what gta is

well i have the platinum for both games and i can tell you, i had more fun with mafia.  So you telling me it's half of what GTA V is your opinion

hmm a jewelry store heist, im sure i have seen this somewhere else recently

Edited by Widow_Warrior
  • Like 1

This game simultaneously has the best collectibles(Playboy centerfolds) and the worst collectibles (Wanted posters[one on top of a building that you can only access by driving off the highway and landing on a roof,. . . really?])

Aside from collectibles I had a good time with this title.

Oh, also noteworthy, one of the dlc :bronze: trophies was drive 1k miles, which would equate to about 10 hours. Doing nothing but driving in a car. For a bronze trophy. Whomever designed the requirement for that trophy deserves a swift kick in the family jewels. . .

I enjoyed it. Which is the best chapter to collect the wanted posters on though?

Definitely Chapter 11, right after you give him a ride to the train station. The game gives you a nice car and it doesn't take much from when you open up the chapter to when you get to go around collecting.

well i have the platinum for both games and i can tell you, i had more fun with mafia.  So you telling me it's half of what GTA V is your opinion

hmm a jewelry store heist, im sure i have seen this somewhere else recently

Well if you're going trough which game has X and the other doesn't have, you could list many more things to do in GTA.

Don't misunderstand me, I too enjoyed Mafia 2 (just the story), however in GTA 5 you have a nice full action story a many sidequests

Everyone has their own opinion 

Well if you're going trough which game has X and the other doesn't have, you could list many more things to do in GTA.

Don't misunderstand me, I too enjoyed Mafia 2 (just the story), however in GTA 5 you have a nice full action story a many sidequests

Everyone has their own opinion 

true you can do a lot more things in gta v, but that does not make it better. If i want to play golf, i will go out and buy a tiger woods pga

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Was engaged during the main story line but the generic DLC missions have squashed my soul completely, still need 150 wanted posters, what a chore.

Yeah dude, fuck that dlc! It's just contet that wasn't good enough for the finale game.

• 1 month later...

i thought the game was great. the story was good so was the graphics. The only complaint i have on the game is the cops they can be annoying like by accident if you pull out a gun they will try to arrest you. Besides this i strongly recommend this game.

• 2 months later...

I thought it was a really fun game, the plot twists at some points were really surprising and amazing (That Ending)

Some day I'd like to get the Platinum, recently bought the DLC's and was thinking of playing them soon. Are they as good as the main game or are they just small time wasters?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mafia 2 is a absolutely amazing game, love the characters, the story and the gameplay and not to forget all the playboy mags you have to find :awesome:

P.s and all the times they say fuck in this game, this the game with the most times they say it

Edited by Peter Griffin

• 2 months later...

So far only on chapter 3, Mafia 2 is one confusing and unsuspected things I haven't saw ever. First off the save is really terrible that I thought it could save when I am at a safehouse but read in a 2k thread that the people said it will only save during the story which is got to be the suckiest part ever. Even I wonder how I supposed to free roam before doing the story mode, get the money I needed, and cause cahos if I wanted to by know how to control this game without dying and all my progress goes to waste? What's even more annoying is how the driving controls. Keep on crashing to things even though I tried to slow down even though the speed hint when I pushed x button works but I wanted to be fast than being slow. Even worse is the cops is just everywhere just like GTA V annoying cops as well. The story seems okay take place during World War 2 which thankfully I learned mostly my 10th grade year of the background history. Quite confusing and may about to be tediuous since I read that the wanted collectables are terrible oh no.

• 1 month later...

One of the best games of the previous console generation for me

The story, the fabulous menu music, the characters and gameplay and the whole gangster genre make it a stand out title. The voice acting is something special too.

Having played the original on the PC years ago it was brilliant when they threw in a little blast in II

Maxxed main game on both 360 and PS3 and now cannot wait for Mafia III