Game performance - PS4

Solarus755

I've been wanting to pick this game up on PS4 for a long time, but last time I asked on this forum, people mentioned that the performance was awful on PS4 and the game was riddled with bugs. Just checking in again to see if the game is in a more playable state and all trophies are attainable. Thanks in advance!

I cant speak for all the trophies (altho im pretty sure theyre all attainable) because i gave up on it but the performance seems ok.

I will admit i dont play the game at this moment in time but last time i did on PS4(Summer), i had no bugs or glitches whatsoever. 

I played on PC back in the day and the difference seemed negligible altho im sure others will have had at least some issues. Ive heard of a few. 

Bottom line is though, its a free, high quality game. Play it! 

On 12/25/2020 at 5:03 PM, Solarus755 said:

I've been wanting to pick this game up on PS4 for a long time, but last time I asked on this forum, people mentioned that the performance was awful on PS4 and the game was riddled with bugs. Just checking in again to see if the game is in a more playable state and all trophies are attainable. Thanks in advance!

It wasn't bugs per say, more so it was crashes when the screen was filled with enemies and effects. For the most part, this isn't a huge issue until you reach post-game and start running maps. Each death (or crash/disconnect) will result in a 10% EXP penalty; this may not sound like a lot, but at around level 80 or so you could loose several hours of progress. Map levels have a high chance of crashing due to the amount enemies on screen leading to a prolong progression. I haven't played since August, but it may have been cleaned up and I'm considering a starting a fresh character.

If you're a completionist or someone that just plays for trophies, I'd pass or be wary. If like in-depth, hardcore or Diablo type games and just collect trophies as you like it's a fantastic game and I recommend it. It's F2P so you can try on an alt. account, but be expected to hit a wall for you inventory space and to shell out a few dollars for more space.

I played the game on PC and PS4 and the differences weren't much as pathtoninja mentioned above though. There was issues with slow down or crashes for people who had too much going on.

But honestly it's no different then what happened to other games of this nature like Diablo 3 or some RTS games on the system. It's more of a fault of the PS4 having an APU then the games themselves.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I am a completionist, but I don't play games solely for trophies. I only pick up a game if I think I'm going to enjoy it. I was a huge D2 fan when I was younger, so this game seems like something that would scratch that itch effectively. I'll give it a shot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies! I am a completionist, but I don't play games solely for trophies. I only pick up a game if I think I'm going to enjoy it. I was a huge D2 fan when I was younger, so this game seems like something that would scratch that itch effectively. I'll give it a shot!

If you loved D2 you'll definitely love this game. One of the things that's awesome about the Skill Tree in this game is the fact it plays to what D2 introduced on their skills later with the crossover skills that give passive bonuses or effects to each.