Easiest way to grind to lvl99

You

You need to get at least a D rank to earn any EXP. Scoring an E rank gives you nothing.

The best stage to play is the Effect Mode "Master" stage since you can get a D rank by simply clearing one line and then dying immediately,

Simply clear a line and then put the controller down, the high speed will kill you pretty quickly. Takes about 3-5 seconds to clear a line, another 10 seconds for you to die and then another 15 seconds or so for your avatar to be given and rank to be calculated.

So you're looking at around about 450exp every 30 seconds, sometimes 660+ depending on what kind of avatar you get.

Increase your avatar odds a bit by doing this in the bonus ratio time that happens when weekly event has finished early.

Clear a line and then wait 30 seconds for the continue prompt to popup, rinse and repeat.

There are probably better ways to level up, and you're still looking at 20-30 mins per level up, when past lvl 70 or so, but considering how little effort you have to put in, I think it's pretty decent.

Stick on a DVD and grind away.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

I did this for a bit to grind for some avatars, but I got way too bored of it really fast even with having something playing on the other tv.  I just play a few rounds of marathon or quick play every night and while it's taking a while, I'm getting there!  Level 81.  Definitely a great way to grind up the levels though, it works for sure!

• Like 2

Unless you've already got hundreds of hours under your belt (or you're at God at games), you'll hit level 100 on your way to the platinum easily. 

On topic, if you have a turbo controller, you can remap hard drop to "x" then just leave it on all clear mode. You'll always get an D rank and get 1000 xp. 

Edited by Kcrack_Km
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Everything that you said makes sense to me, but not this part:

Increase your avatar odds a bit by doing this in the bonus ratio time that happens when weekly event has finished early.

Could you possibly explain this more?

When you get awarded an avatar you already own it gets converted into XP, there are different ranks of avatar. Kinda like gambling games, normal, rare, super rare etc.

Each weekend there is a 24 hour event, if the goal is reached early, playing during the weekend event with the remaining time left there is a "bonus time", not sure of the exact wording, but anyway. Once the weekend event has been achieved, you can keep playing the chosen effect modes until the 24 hours are up. And during this bonus time the chances of getting rare avatars increases, which means if you grind during this time your grinding exp will be slightly higher.

2 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Unless you've already got hundreds of hours under your belt (or you're at God at games), you'll hit level 100 on your way to the platinum easily. 

On topic, if you have a turbo controller, you can remap hard drop to "x" then just leave it on all clear mode. You'll always get an E rank and get 1000 xp. 

You sure about that? I just double checked and getting an E rank on "All Clear" mode gives you zero XP and not 1000 xp.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

When you get awarded an avatar you already own it gets converted into XP, there are different ranks of avatar. Kinda like gambling games, normal, rare, super rare etc.

Each weekend there is a 24 hour event, if the goal is reached early, playing during the weekend event with the remaining time left there is a "bonus time", not sure of the exact wording, but anyway. Once the weekend event has been achieved, you can keep playing the chosen effect modes until the 24 hours are up. And during this bonus time the chances of getting rare avatars increases, which means if you grind during this time your grinding exp will be slightly higher.

You sure about that? I just double checked and getting an E rank on "All Clear" mode gives you zero XP and not 1000 xp.

Maybe it was patched, I did it to grind avatars on a weekend (ages ago) and went up about 20 levels.

On 07/01/2021 at 1:32 AM, enaysoft said:

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/01/2021 at 6:02 AM, Kcrack_Km said:

On topic, if you have a turbo controller, you can remap hard drop to "x" then just leave it on all clear mode. You'll always get an E rank and get 1000 xp. 

Can confirm that this method works as you will always get a D rank.

• Like 1