mipdii

Gold crowns & elder dragon event quests

7 posts in this topic

Now that all the events are active indefinitely, do any of the event quests for elder dragons, silver/gold rath etc. monsters required for the gold crown trophies have an increased chance of being mini/great? Or are investigations with at least silver and gold rewards still the best?

I am also wondering this if anyone has an answer. 

Also I am wondering if the Guiding Lands has the chance to spawn crowns?  I have put a couple hours into it so far and got a silver nargacuga but not sure if we can get golds.  And if so, would that mean that it might be best to farm the elder dragons in the guiding lands instead of investigations?

Posted (edited)

On 12/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, mipdii said:

Now that all the events are active indefinitely, do any of the event quests for elder dragons, silver/gold rath etc. monsters required for the gold crown trophies have an increased chance of being mini/great? Or are investigations with at least silver and gold rewards still the best?

As far as I know, the elder event quests do not have an increased chance. I was able to plat both in 350hrs reliably using event quests for regular monsters and investigations for elders or pseudo elders like gold/silver rath. Guys i met on the game that played for 2k+ hrs told me the same, it could have just been insanely bad rng but when im being told that from 5+ people and experience it myself, i'm inclinded to agree. 

On 12/29/2020 at 7:43 AM, False_Gix said:

I am also wondering this if anyone has an answer. 

Also I am wondering if the Guiding Lands has the chance to spawn crowns?  I have put a couple hours into it so far and got a silver nargacuga but not sure if we can get golds.  And if so, would that mean that it might be best to farm the elder dragons in the guiding lands instead of investigations?

You can to choose mix farming methods up, u can for sure get gold crowns in guiding lands. I got some there when just playing to get the best gear, needed tons of materials to craft the best stuff. I didn't go back to the guiding lands once I got my preferred zones to 7 and got the materials I needed however. Gold/Tempered Investigations and the guiding lands are great because u can use a cloud/usb to backup your saves and then do measurements and if u run out, download the save again. I do however, suggest this only when u are at the end of the game and have majority of your crowns and best in slot gear. 

Edited by Kal-El457

100% sure the elder dragon event quests do not have increased chance to get gold crowns.  

investigations with 4-5 purple rewards, 20mins, 1 life have higher chances to meet.

That’s a shame :(. Been sniping velkhana investigations for a week now and still no large crown damn rng.

Check out the link below. The website lists all the monster with their respective quests and the crown % of those quests. If a monster doesn't have any event quests with a higher crown %, you're better off doing (tempered) high value investigations.

https://mhworld.kiranico.com/

On 1/11/2021 at 7:24 PM, Lil-Gocee said:

Check out the link below. The website lists all the monster with their respective quests and the crown % of those quests. If a monster doesn't have any event quests with a higher crown %, you're better off doing (tempered) high value investigations.

https://mhworld.kiranico.com/

Oh wow, this is a really cool site thanks for that.  looks like it is actually possible to get crowns from optional quests but very rarely, I didn't know that I thought it was only investigations/events/expeditions