Trophy Hunters, Rejoice!

sappho-lopod

That’s awesome! I probably won’t get around to that trophy until 1.5 releases on console. Just got the playstation version a week ago, though i’m burning through it having played the game on pc and switch before.

speaking of platinum being easier, and forgive me if I should post this somewhere else, does anyone know a fix for the local legend trophy (complete community center) trophy bug? I have done everything I could find but I cant get it to pop, so i may have to do it all over again on a new save. Maybe 1.5, cause of it’s random generated comm center bundles which might make it worth it?!

14 hours ago, DaaneS97 said:

Oh man that sounds very promising! So if I have a very lucky run let's say for the first 2 levels, I could just leave the game and make a "checkpoint", so that I could always restart from there later on?

That's the long and short of it! The game makes checkpoints upon either entering a new screen or dying though, so if you die and quit you'll start from where you died instead, but that's easily bypassed by simply resetting the day.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Sorry, I know a lot of you are gonna hate this comment, but they shouldn't patch these kind of things, makes the trophy pointless to those that got it legit.

Not being elitist just a kick in the teeth is all.

Thats trophy hunting for ya these days mate, everyone needs everything handed to them little to no effort. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

I played the game in the most entertaining and satisfying way for me and that was without item glitches, money exploides or help from the developer.

8 hours ago, GamerCrazy2 said:

I also think this is more a side effect of them just enabling Journey of the Prarie king to save your progress. Its not a direct nerf purposely for trophy only. It was a game feature that was lacking since release, you could never save and quit.

This game feature(save and quit) makes no sense in an arcade game like Journey of the Prairie King.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GamerCrazy2 said:

It works!! I got the trophy today with the 1.54 update!! I'm so excited to actually platinum the game now and have fun! 1f600.png

Probably a stupid question, but how do you exit the game to return to a level? ? touch pad didn’t save my progress but I don’t know if that’s because I was playing it at the saloon ?

15 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Probably a stupid question, but how do you exit the game to return to a level? 1f602.png touch pad didn’t save my progress but I don’t know if that’s because I was playing it at the saloon 1f914.png

After having a good round, you leave the game via touch pad as soon as your character enters the next level. Then you'll have to go to bed and save the game so you can reload it if you fail.

I did that for every single stage because I was too afraid to do 2 stages at once and I also reloaded the game when I had less then 10 coins in a round.

Took me 2 hours I think but I had to reload a lot of times

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Am I missing something here? I don't really get the annoyance some people have for a trophy difficulty being nerfed later on down the line or worse - begrudge people for getting it when it is nerfed. It doesn't really take anything away from your effort if you got it before the nerf when it was harder to achieve. You still get the completely arbitrary effort cookie and all that. It shouldn't really affect you at all should it?

Difficulty is largely a subjective topic too and a nerf only makes your effort prior to the nerf pointless if you decide it's pointless.

Entitlement and bottled-up anger, mostly. Same people who will grow up and cry about younger people 'having it easy nowadays'.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

12 hours ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Sorry, I know a lot of you are gonna hate this comment, but they shouldn't patch these kind of things, makes the trophy pointless to those that got it legit.

Not being elitist just a kick in the teeth is all.

It's not a matter of "legit", per se, but that's not to say I don't sympathize with you. 

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Am I missing something here? I don't really get the annoyance some people have for a trophy difficulty being nerfed later on down the line or worse - begrudge people for getting it when it is nerfed.

Well, for a lot of people, they stick with what is a pretty shitty minigame for the sake of getting a trophy that the devs put in for that minigame. But then (often after a significant amount of time has passed), the devs suddenly decide randomly that they'll make that shitty minigame quite simple. 

I mean, Squeenix has a ton of shitty minigames in their games. People suffer through them, because Squeenix also often puts trophies in place for beating these minigames. I'm thinking, e.g., of chocobo "racing" in FFX, or jump rope in FFIX. These games are poorly made, poorly implemented, and just suck. The feeling of accomplishment for them is solely because there's a (poorly thought out) trophy tied to it. These people would have been delighted if, say, the devs made the minigame better, or simply didn't tie a trophy to it.

Now, add to that the fact that this update is coming out, what, years after the game was released? I think it's kind of lame. I don't begrudge anyone who gets that trophy now; in fact, I encourage them to do so. If I ever play this game, I'll certainly do the same.

But I do question the devs, who could have fixed this months, if not years, ago. It's not like people haven't complained about it for some time.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DaaneS97 said:

After having a good round, you leave the game via touch pad as soon as your character enters the next level. Then you'll have to go to bed and save the game so you can reload it if you fail.

I did that for every single stage because I was too afraid to do 2 stages at once and I also reloaded the game when I had less then 10 coins in a round.

Took me 2 hours I think but I had to reload a lot of times

Thank you! ?

• Like 2