Trophy Hunters, Rejoice!

sappho-lopod

20 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

A bad analogy, but I think it makes understanding a little easier:

You spend countless hours practising to run a race, play darts, work out... (you could take anything tbh). After all that hard work, you finally set a new time, high score, etc... "Wow, I am only 1 of 100 other people who managed to get a time, score, etc this good!"

Then, after the people who cannot achieve these scores moan enough, the rule setters say "from now on, you can use a car in the race! Aim bots for darts are okay! Blah blah blah.." 

Now you are 1 of 10000 with these high scores etc. 

When you bring up the fact that your hardwork now feels pointless (just join the moaners and get it for free, am i right?). You're told the difficulty is dumb! You're an elitist because you dont want others to get the trophy without merit! You have bottled up anger! Etc... 

I mean, stardew valley has already lost its sub 1%..

If you don't understand the feeling of the people you call "elitist", then you are probably one of the moaners.

If the race is stupid, then they should fix the race. What does sub 1% mean anything? It's a percentage of people who got a virtual picture of a trophy. If you feel good about getting it when it was hard, I'm glad you were happy. You did a great thing. If you're agitated because they made something easier for other people, then look into the reflection of the bottle you store your anger and breathe for a bit.

Edited by ChunkyKong64
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

If the race is stupid, then they should fix the race. What does sub 1% mean anything? It's a percentage of people who got a virtual picture of a trophy. If you feel good about getting it when it was hard, I'm glad you were happy. You did a great thing. If you're agitated because they made something easier for other people, then look into the reflection of the bottle you store your anger and breathe for a bit.

The race was never broken. If it was, why was it achieveable without the "fix"?

Whether its a virtual picture, a physical medal, a piece of toilet paper, who decides which is more valuable? What may just be a "virtual picture" to you, may be something else to others.

You talk about reflection, I have 0 anger on this issue, yet you have made two posts talking about anger. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

A bad analogy, but I think it makes understanding a little easier:

You spend countless hours practising to run a race, play darts, work out... (you could take anything tbh). After all that hard work, you finally set a new time, high score, etc... "Wow, I am only 1 of 100 other people who managed to get a time, score, etc this good!"

Then, after the people who cannot achieve these scores moan enough, the rule setters say "from now on, you can use a car in the race! Aim bots for darts are okay! Blah blah blah.." 

Now you are 1 of 10000 with these high scores etc. 

When you bring up the fact that your hardwork now feels pointless (just join the moaners and get it for free, am i right?). You're told the difficulty is dumb! You're an elitist because you dont want others to get the trophy without merit! You have bottled up anger! Etc... 

I mean, stardew valley has already lost its sub 1%..

If you don't understand the feeling of the people you call "elitist", then you are probably one of the moaners.

Don't bother.

They  all have this pre-programmed attitude of happy go lucky carefree, ready to dismiss the whole trophy hunting  ordeal when they see someone with better results, which makes it more ironic when the ones that do that, wasted their time on  a large amount of trophies, like 10,000+ trophies, as they admit they don't even hold a personal value.

Rather than improve themselves in something, which could be  as  trivial on a non personal level as trophy hunting, or work, they'd rather  everything being brought down to their level, but it doesn't end there, they want to be mediocre and get praise for it, every messages like yours is a  berserk button for them, anything that reminds them  they don't put effort,  the peaceful facade drops, and they go at you like sharks.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

The race was never broken. If it was, why was it achieveable without the "fix"?

Whether its a virtual picture, a physical medal, a piece of toilet paper, who decides which is more valuable? What may just be a "virtual picture" to you, may be something else to others.

You talk about reflection, I have 0 anger on this issue, yet you have made two posts talking about anger. 

I didn't say it was broken, I said it was stupid. I'm on a trophy hunting site, so the little shits mean something to me on some level, but not enough to warrant whining about something being made easier and percentages going up. I break every mirror I look into, so reflections aren't mine thing.

5 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Don't bother.

They  all have this pre-programmed attitude of happy go lucky carefree attitude, ready to dismiss the whole trophy hunting  ordeal when they see someone with better results, which makes it more ironic when the ones that do that, wasted their time on 10,000+ trophies, as they admit they don't even hold a personal value.

Rather than improve themselves in something, which could be  as  trivial on a non personal level as trophy hunting, or work, they'd rather  everything being brought down to their level, but it doesn't end there, they want to be mediocre and get praise for it, every messages like yours is a  berserk button for them, anything that reminds them  they don't put effort,  the peaceful facade drops, and they go at you like sharks .

Glad you fully understand us. Adoring these assumptions.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

Just now, JourneySilvers said:

I don't think this situation is just "a difficult trophy made easy" thing. Fector's Challenge was a problematic trophy in general. I mean, if you want to prove that you can master a farming simulator, why should you also have to prove you can master a twinstick shooter for ONE trophy toward that farming plat? Its not at all the same thing. I get the frustration tied to having a difficulty trophy thats suddenly made easy, but Fector's Challenge is one of those weird exceptions where it SHOULD have been nerfed. 

Fector's Challenge IS part of the game. Instead of moaning about it having a trophy, people should moan that the mini game even existed in the first place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reinachii- said:

Fector's Challenge IS part of the game. Instead of moaning about it having a trophy, people should moan that the mini game even existed in the first place.

We have.

Just now, Reinachii- said:

I don't think having a trophy tied to it is a problem. Theres a trophy for beating it, which is cool. But the issue is that the plat requires you to fully master it, which is just... pretty stupid, considering the rest of the game's content. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

I didn't say it was broken, I said it was stupid. I'm on a trophy hunting site, so the little shits mean something to me, but not enough to warrant whining about something being made easier and percentages going up. 

Stupid/broken, they're the same if it has to be "fixed"

Why don't you take more pride in your trophies, if the little shits actually mean something to you, no matter how little. 

Your GTA5 and RDR2 plats are something to be proud of, would suck if tomorrow rockstar announced all grind trophies are now achieveable with 0 effort or skill! 

The real champs are the one's who plat'd this game before the update. Let's not forget about them. If anything they deserve all the credit. Gamer's like me who enjoyed Stardew Valley and tried many times to get the Fector's challenge this is a godsend to us. I've gave up many times. It's a tough trophy and I can't guarantee myself I'll have the satisfaction of getting it like this now rather than the hard way. It won't be the same when my friend got the trophy a few years back and he said it's the best accomplishment he's ever done to get a trophy. He spent an entire week just to get the fector's challenge trophy. I'm still proud of being the first person to get the Prairie King trophy. The moment the game came out I went straight to the arcade and spent hours trying to beat the game. I was determined lol. I'm gonna be sad when that trophy becomes a uncommon/common now /: to each their own it gives people like us who have struggled many times trying to get this trophy a little more leeway. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

Stupid/broken, they're the same if it has to be "fixed"

Why don't you take more pride in your trophies, if the little shits actually mean something to you, no matter how little. 

Your GTA5 and RDR2 plats are something to be proud of, would suck if tomorrow rockstar announced all grind trophies are now achieveable with 0 effort or skill! 

I would be proud that I got them when they were stupid to get, and still be proud if they took away the grind. I think they actually made the online for RDR2 easier after I got it anyway, at least I think that because the level 50 trophy went way up afterwards.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

4 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

I didn't say it was broken, I said it was stupid. I'm on a trophy hunting site, so the little shits mean something to me on some level, but not enough to warrant whining about something being made easier and percentages going up. I break every mirror I look into, so reflections aren't mine thing.

Glad you fully understand us. Adoring these assumptions.

Indeed, I made that message before I looked up your profile, and you fit the criteria to a T.

If you think trophy hunting is such a meaningless act on a personal level,  why in God's name have you collected more than 10,000 trophies? Granted, your rarity average makes me understand your dismissal of sub 1% in your earlier post, but you still collected 10,000+ of those  "virtual pictures" how the hell do you find the gall in  talking about anger and stuff, when you are incapable of solving your own cognitive dissonance?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

The real champs are the one's who plat'd this game before the update. Let's not forget about them. If anything they deserve all the credit. Gamer's like me who enjoyed Stardew Valley and tried many times to get the Fector's challenge this is a godsend to us. I've gave up many times. It's a tough trophy and I can't guarantee myself I'll have the satisfaction of getting it like this now rather than the hard way. It won't be the same when my friend got the trophy a few years back and he said it's the best accomplishment he's ever done to get a trophy. He spent an entire week just to get the fector's challenge trophy. I'm still proud of being the first person to get the Prairie King trophy. The moment the game came out I went straight to the arcade and spent hours trying to beat the game. I was determined lol. I'm gonna be sad when that trophy becomes a uncommon/common now /: to each their own it gives people like us who have struggled many times trying to get this trophy a little more leeway. 

Yeah, I'm super happy I can finally aim for this plat. Stardew is one of my favorite games (I've played it on every platform I own) and having the plat for my PS account is going to be super cool. No where near as much of an "accomplishment" as people who struggled over Fectors, but I'm personally glad I can put it on my account regardless :))

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Indeed, I made that message before I looked up your profile, and you fit the criteria to a T.

If you think trophy hunting is such a meaningless act on a personal level,  why in God's name have you collected more than 10,000 trophies? Granted, your rarity average makes me understand your dismissal of sub 1% in your earlier post, but you still collected 10,000+ of those  "virtual pictures" how the hell do you find the gall in  talking about anger and stuff, when you are incapable of solving your own cognitive dissonance?

Not sure why we got so insulty here. I collect them as a hobby and to usually get more out of games. Had a big phase for a bit of collecting super easy ones to climb the boards and fell out of love with that real quick cause I felt emptier than I did before. Not sure what cognitive dissonance you're directly referring, but getting this upset is really highlighting my anger point. My trophies mean nothing, your trophies mean nothing, 1% rarity means nothing, my completion rarity means nothing, and this trophy doesn't mean anything.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

9 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

My trophies mean nothing, your trophies mean nothing, 1% rarity means nothing, and this trophy doesn't mean anything.

Actually they mean something.Trophies are a statement that you did X in Y game.Also the 1% rarity is a statistic based on how many people have earned the trophy.Besides that trophies can mean to someone whatever he/she chooses to like many other things in life.You don't get to dictate what trophies mean to people.

On topic I understand the frustration of those who got it before the patch but I can't deny that I'm happy for it since I suck at shmups.

Edited by pot1414

3 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

Actually they mean something.Trophies are a statement that you did X in Y game.Also the 1% rarity is a statistic based on how many people have earned the trophy.Besides that trophies can mean to someone whatever he/she chooses to like many other things in life.You don't get to dictate what trophies mean to people.

I know what they literally mean, but you're right I should've specified. None of them matter to me too much, therefore meant nothing to me in an argument.

3 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

On topic I understand the frustration of those who got it before the patch but I can't deny that I'm happy for it since I suck at shmups.

Preach.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

4 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

I know what they literally mean, but you're right I should've specified. None of them matter to me too much, therefore meant nothing to me in an argument.

Preach.

I get what you mean about them not meaning anything. Trophies are fun to collect, but its not like they make you a better or more impressive person. They don't hold any sway over real life. So when you see someone getting defensive or bent out of shape over trophies, its a bit like.... hey, chill out lmao. But its also true that they mean different things for different people. If someone puts that much stock into their trophies, more power to them I suppose. We're all having fun doing the same hobby here

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Not sure why we got so insulty here. I collect them as a hobby and to usually get more out of games. Had a big phase for a bit of collecting super easy ones to climb the boards and fell out of love with that real quick cause I felt emptier than I did before. Not sure what cognitive dissonance you're directly referring, but getting this upset is really highlighting my anger point. My trophies mean nothing, your trophies mean nothing, 1% rarity means nothing, my completion rarity means nothing, and this trophy doesn't mean anything.

No insult there, you collect trophies out of an hobby, and to get the most out of the game, perfect, so they already have a value in gameplay.

Is it really a stretch to think that some people want to do the same, and don't want to get those trophies handed out to them by the developers? Like  putting in the hours  to become better at something, and finally after a while get the reward? And when these kinds of thing  happen, it cheapens the whole ordeal? And I say cognitive dissonance because we're on a trophy hunting forum, we may joke about not getting bread by earning trophies, and it's true, well unless you get paid in helping someone unlock a trophy, but that's another tale, but  all of us here care at some level about collecting trophies, otherwise we wouldn't be here, and have  all these trophies, like you, or me.

I'm not upset by your message per say, but your attitude about the thing, as if you carry some kind of holy truth, you cannot give or take value in something, as the saying goes one man's trash, is another man's treasure, but if you push your  take as the only truth, even though your number of trophies is a complete contradiction on what you say or worse, you show a perilous lifestyle on your part,  you're bound to clash with  others that find your take erroneous, and confuse it with anger, because  well, your take and the last two paragraphs you made, is subjective, not objective.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

10 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Words

As I said to the previous guy, I should've been clearer and say they mean nothing to me and therefore meant nothing to me in your argument. I also didn't mean to sound objective, possibly just oppressively subjective. I obviously get the accomplished feeling about achieving something with a trophy. Genuinely did a Hulk Hogan when I got the Bloodborne platinum and ripped the shirt I was wearing in two purely out of adrenaline. What I was 'moaning' about was when people feel less accomplished, for whatever reason, when they accomplish something hard and then it becomes easy later as if that takes away their personal accomplishment. They feel something is stolen from them, and that's what I find pathetic.

Also please private message me if you wanna continue this discussion, I'd be more than glad. We're frankly ruining this thread with negativity. It's an Infallible situation all over again.

10 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

I get what you mean about them not meaning anything. Trophies are fun to collect, but its not like they make you a better or more impressive person. They don't hold any sway over real life. So when you see someone getting defensive or bent out of shape over trophies, its a bit like.... hey, chill out lmao. But its also true that they mean different things for different people. If someone puts that much stock into their trophies, more power to them I suppose. We're all having fun doing the same hobby here

Lmao yes, agreed 100%. 

Edited by ChunkyKong64