Trophy Hunters, Rejoice!

sappho-lopod

Just now, Crispy_Oglop said:

Am I missing something here? I don't really get the annoyance some people have for a trophy difficulty being nerfed later on down the line or worse - begrudge people for getting it when it is nerfed. It doesn't really take anything away from your effort if you got it before the nerf when it was harder to achieve. You still get the completely arbitrary effort cookie and all that. It shouldn't really affect you at all should it?

Difficulty is largely a subjective topic too and a nerf only makes your effort prior to the nerf pointless if you decide it's pointless.

I for one am not going to begrudge anyone from getting a trophy, good luck to you.. But IMO for what it's worth, gaming is taken seriously by most now a days, yeah ok you still have the "casual types" and hobbyists but for the most part gaming is taken seriously, including trophies/achievements. Now I'm not gonna get into an argument about trophies being digital and not having any significant value outside of gaming because for people that's subjective on how they play games and their goals for gaming. 

My partner and I, who went through this game together both love a challenge and theirs plenty of people on this site (love them or hate them) that love a good challenge as well. So when said people go out of there way to conquer platinum's and games but then a year down the line the dev's come in and say "Y'know what lets just devalue everything said players have achieved up until now"... Well again, it's a kick in the teeth.

It really does devalue the effort, because those prior to the patch probably worked hard for days or even weeks to unlock the trophy, I don't want an arbitrary cookie reward, but I'm a fair believer on if your going to do something, then do it properly. Which now you, me and the whole of PSNProfiles know that this patch is gonna get the fuck used out of it and people's trophy rarity for Stardew will decrease (and yes, people do care about that!).

Again to all those reading, Good luck to you, go grab the trophy, I'm not throwing hate.

Just now, ChunkyKong64 said:

Entitlement and bottled-up anger, mostly. Same people who will grow up and cry about younger people 'having it easy nowadays'.

Can't see what's wrong in feeling or being entitled to something that was earnt the way it was intended to be gotten to be honest... There's really no reason to be angry either, it's all down to the dev's what they do, and they saw fit to change how Prairie King worked. As said above I'm not getting into arguments just stating that just, people like Crispy_Oglop don't get people's annoyance over a thing like this, well I get how they can be annoyed.. Can you imagine the Mein Leben trophy for Wolfenstein 2 suddenly getting nerfed? Or for those absolute legends that have platinumed Super Meat Boy to suddenly hear, "Wait were now making all our levels super easy" I can't for one minute imagine the people who got those trophies the way it was intended to be gotten would be very happy... It's really not entitlement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Can't see what's wrong in feeling or being entitled to something that was earnt the way it was intended to be gotten to be honest... There's really no reason to be angry either, it's all down to the dev's what they do, and they saw fit to change how Prairie King worked. As said above I'm not getting into arguments just stating that just, people like Crispy_Oglop don't get people's annoyance over a thing like this, well I get how they can be annoyed.. Can you imagine the Mein Leben trophy for Wolfenstein 2 suddenly getting nerfed? Or for those absolute legends that have platinumed Super Meat Boy to suddenly hear, "Wait were now making all our levels super easy" I can't for one minute imagine the people who got those trophies the way it was intended to be gotten would be very happy... It's really not entitlement.

I think super meat boy and stardew are different only because the difficulty of the trophy for stardew is due mostly to bad design. Nerfing meatboy would be kinda dumb since the point of the game is not only the brutal difficulty, but the near-perfect controls. Stardew doesn't feel like that, at least not with the prairie king. Also, the entitlement comes from thinking their accomplishment is being taken away from them because others getting it in an easier way. They feel entitled to be in a special club and hate that peasants are joining in. Other people going to the moon with better technology doesn't take away Armstrong's/Buzz's/other guy's accomplishment.

You may not see that as entitlement, more power to you, but I do.

Again, if anyone wants to conversate about this further: Pleeeeease just message me. This thread is tainted enough.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

Just now, ChunkyKong64 said:

I think super meat boy and stardew are different only because the difficulty of the trophy for stardew is due mostly to bad design. Nerfing meatboy would be kinda dumb since the point of the game is not only the brutal difficulty, but the near-perfect controls. Stardew doesn't feel like that, at least not with the prairie king. Also, the entitlement comes from thinking their accomplishment is being taken away from them because others getting it in an easier way. They feel entitled to be in a special club and hate that peasants are joining in. You may see that as entitlement, more power to you, but I do.

Am I incorrect by saying it doesn't matter what they feel like, it's still the same basic principle? Just because peoples opinions are that Prairie King is stupid doesn't make it so, some people think SMB is stupidly difficult, others try it, some complete it. In fact if it's that stupid why have people completed Prairie king? It's all still the same basic principle that because something is hard or stupid, it shouldn't be patched or tweaked. Going back to an earlier point made which apparently got over looked - people take this seriously, they go for leader boards, rarity, challenge. Me? I couldn't care less about leader boards or being first to do something, It's just as if you did something in life you feel really good about and you were in a top percentage of that but then someone came along and moved the goal posts, that's not elitist nor is it self entitlement, It's just basic, I'm not knocking anyone's skill level but it's obviously doable so, if your skill level wont let you complete something move on, why patch it, I for instance have always been bad a Batman Arkham games and Devil May Cry games, I recently went through some of the Batman titles and I struggled but I did it and look how many people say the challenges in Batman are stupid but you don't see Rock Steady changing their formula.

To quote Crispy_Oglop - Am I missing something? Aren't trophies supposed to be a challenge? Aren't they supposed to make you sit there and feel proud of what you've just accomplished? Sure you get the Ratailika and Mayo stuff but isn't the whole point in being serious about trophies to have some sort of challenge? It's like your asking me to expect that I and other perform at the levels we do and go to the extents we do to then just turn a blind eye to any casual that wants to play it, may sound harsh but that's the reality of it.

The whole entitlement, not caring much about trophies and not understanding why people care is just a joke... Your in the wrong place for such an attitude, your on a site forum that's designed for the things you don't care much for but you want to preach about entitlement? 

I'm done here cause your obviously just wanting a response and argument with some of the nonsensical stuff you've put in this thread. It'll probably get closed soon anyway.

7 minutes ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Am I incorrect by saying it doesn't matter what they feel like, it's still the same basic principle? Just because peoples opinions are that Prairie King is stupid doesn't make it so, some people think SMB is stupidly difficult, others try it, some complete it. In fact if it's that stupid why have people completed Prairie king? It's all still the same basic principle that because something is hard or stupid, it shouldn't be patched or tweaked. Going back to an earlier point made which apparently got over looked - people take this seriously, they go for leader boards, rarity, challenge. Me? I couldn't care less about leader boards or being first to do something, It's just as if you did something in life you feel really good about and you were in a top percentage of that but then someone came along and moved the goal posts, that's not elitist nor is it self entitlement, It's just basic, I'm not knocking anyone's skill level but it's obviously doable so, if your skill level wont let you complete something move on, why patch it, I for instance have always been bad a Batman Arkham games and Devil May Cry games, I recently went through some of the Batman titles and I struggled but I did it and look how many people say the challenges in Batman are stupid but you don't see Rock Steady changing their formula.

To quote Crispy_Oglop - Am I missing something? Aren't trophies supposed to be a challenge? Aren't they supposed to make you sit there and feel proud of what you've just accomplished? Sure you get the Ratailika and Mayo stuff but isn't the whole point in being serious about trophies to have some sort of challenge? It's like your asking me to expect that I and other perform at the levels we do and go to the extents we do to then just turn a blind eye to any casual that wants to play it, may sound harsh but that's the reality of it.

The whole entitlement, not caring much about trophies and not understanding why people care is just a joke... Your in the wrong place for such an attitude, your on a site forum that's designed for the things you don't care much for but you want to preach about entitlement? 

I'm done here cause your obviously just wanting a response and argument with some of the nonsensical stuff you've put in this thread. It'll probably get closed soon anyway.

Peace be with you.

I spent every day for a week after work getting this trophy.

Now you can get it by saving and retrying from where you failed. If you cannot understand the feelings of people who get trophies before they are patched ...Dont be so narrow minded. 

Its the same with social lubricant from watch dogs 1. I did that before they nerfed that too.

The fact these trophies are possible without a patch says many things:

1. You aren't practising enough.

2. You have hit your skill ceiling, unfortunately its just not for you.(though i don't believe this to be true).

3. You have 0 patience and require everything given to you.

Which are you? 

• Like 2

Just now, Necroadr said:

C'mon, all this because an absurd trophy is easier to get now. " Aren't they supposed to make you sit there and feel proud of what you've just accomplished?" yes, they are. And the fact that this trophy is doable now doesn't remove the feel of accomlishment that some may get from it. If you still want to do it the "proper" way, then go for it. As another user said, it's great that now more people will get the platinum for a game they love, and not just to brag about how difficult it is to complete.

I've already said numerous times in this threat that I'm not hating on anyone, the whole point in my first reply to Crispy_Oglop was that he can't see why people get annoyed when trophy difficulty get's lowered, I was merely answering his question from the point of view of someone who has done it before said patch. 

My whole point is it doesn't matter if the controls are janky or if you have to put 120+ hours into a game, if you "love" it enough you won't take the easy way out, you'll persevere until the jobs done.

I could sit here and list off games I haven't even gotten on my account yet that are stupidly hard, would I want them to change or mess with the trophy difficulty just to suit me when 100's or 1000's of others have done it? No.

Call it being elitist or showing off all you like, plain and simple... you said it best, if you love something enough...

21 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

I spent every day for a week after work getting this trophy.

Now you can get it by saving and retrying from where you failed. If you cannot understand the feelings of people who get trophies before they are patched ...Dont be so narrow minded. 

Its the same with social lubricant from watch dogs 1. I did that before they nerfed that too.

The fact these trophies are possible without a patch says many things:

1. You aren't practising enough.

2. You have hit your skill ceiling, unfortunately its just not for you.(though i don't believe this to be true).

3. You have 0 patience and require everything given to you.

Which are you? 

Can number 4 be you've never played the game?

48 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

No, because it doesn't apply to only Stardew Valley.

What if I've never played a game

Eh I'm done messing with y'all. Have a blessed day/night.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

To me I kind of agree with both sides, I'm one of those people who likes to plat actual games and go for difficult trophies and would rather die than play one of those 5 minute games. When it comes to people clamoring to change trophies or nerf them, I believe you should only do that when the trophy is rather insanely luck based or complete bullshit.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:37 AM, Reinachii- said:

Funny thing is I was going to use this as an example. I did social lubricant on another account back when the game came out and when they nerfed it I was kind of torn. On one hand I knew that it was entirely possible and now I just did something really hard for no reason. But on the other, it was an unusually hard trophy for a relatively easy game. In the end I wasn't really upset about it because in the end it's completely the developers choice whether or not to change their trophies. Sure you might be angry there's a ridiculously hard trophy compared to the rest of the game but in the end I will accept whatever the developer decides. Even so, I will tend to side with the group that complains if something that was completely doable gets nerfed. You should only want a trophy to be changed if it's completely unfair and/or broken.

• Like 2

I did it on the Steam version, but am I really the only person on earth that enjoyed Journey of the Prairie King? I found it very fun and decently challenging. Aside from the difficulty, did the PS4 version also have other issues?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I did it on the Steam version, but am I really the only person on earth that enjoyed Journey of the Prairie King? I found it very fun and decently challenging. Aside from the difficulty, did the PS4 version also have other issues?

I liked it too, it's a fun mini-game but putting a trophy just like that just doesn't make sense for me 

• Like 3

Finally i can try and get it. Had so many runs that died due to bad coin RNG or some minor mistake. Worst part is always that one area in the 3rd world where you get swarmed by a million birds.

Another advantage of the Resume is you can replay same stage over and over until you get good coin RNG and then move on.

I also made a small guide video:

• Like 2