Trophy Hunters, Rejoice!

sappho-lopod

Worth noting that the platinum is now quite a bit longer for players who haven't done Gourmet Chef, Craft Master, and Master Angler - the newest update added new stuff that is required for those trophies. This mainly affects the Craft Master trophy because most of the new crafting recipes require you to complete the "Special Orders" (which are like the help requested but longer).

Note that for "Master Angler" you need 100% of the fish including the fish that are exclusive to the Night Market and Ginger Island, as opposed to earlier versions where you only needed the base game fish. The "Legendary II" fish are not counted as new fish thus not required.

Few tips I can give to people who are going for Fector's Challenge right now and are bad at twin-stick shooters:

• Get the "Key To The Town" from Mr. Qi in Ginger Island (sold for 20 Qi gems), that way you'll be able to access Gus' saloon without waiting until 12:00 am.
  • There are plenty of old guides you can follow if you don't know what upgrades to purchase and when.
  • If you're cornered and about to die you can press the touchpad before getting hit to reset without quitting to the menu to save some time. If you get hit, restart the day immediately, there is no way around this.
  • ONLY when against the final boss, you don't need to quit to the menu if you get hit, pressing the touchpad will reset the level and your death won't count and you'll still get Fector's Challenge, I tested this myself. Although I'm not sure it works for the other 2 bosses, I only tried this on the final boss and it worked.

Good luck and have fun people.

Edited by Liav222
more details
  • Like 3

On 3/5/2021 at 2:05 AM, Liav222 said:

Worth noting that the platinum is now quite a bit longer for players who haven't done Gourmet Chef, Craft Master, and Master Angler - the newest update added new stuff that is required for those trophies. This mainly affects the Craft Master trophy because most of the new crafting recipes require you to complete the "Special Orders" (which are like the help requested but longer).

Note that for "Master Angler" you need 100% of the fish including the fish that are exclusive to the Night Market and Ginger Island, as opposed to earlier versions where you only needed the base game fish. The "Legendary II" fish are not counted as new fish thus not required

I didn't see this in the notes, but might've missed it. Where did you hear that or is that just how it always work? Either way, looking at the wiki, doesn't look too bad.

Edited by MidnightDragon

46 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I didn't see this in the notes, but might've missed it. Where did you hear that? Either way, looking at the wiki, doesn't look too bad.

Not really 'seen' it anywhere but i can confirm theres a lot added about crafting/angler/cooking stuff.

The Angler trophy isnt that much worse, the fish are easy to catch, its just getting to the actual island which takes a bit of time.

The Cooking trophies are also not that much worse, you just have to get onto the new island in 1.5 and learn the recipes that way, theres new people you have to get 8+ hearts etc.

The Crafting recipes you have to learn now are the worst part about the update. (From a trophy perspective)

You need to complete the new 'special orders' that get added on a new board to get given them as rewards.

The main issue with this is that a couple of them are just really time consuming and you wont be able to complete fully until your 2nd/3rd years due to money/experience required etc.

From a trophy perspective, the easiest thing to do is, if you own a copy of the physical game, load up a 1.0.3 patch and keep it there for basically all the trophies, makes it easy to complete basically everything required. Then reload the game to the new patch so you can play Fectors Challenge using the new save ability.

That said, i still love this game and the new 1.5 update from a game perspective is absolutely brilliant and IMO, this game isnt one that should be rushed with trophies in mind because its just such a good game.

Edited by SpacebarPIays
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I didn't see this in the notes, but might've missed it. Where did you hear that or is that just how it always work? Either way, looking at the wiki, doesn't look too bad.

I attempted those trophies almost from scratch last week on 1.5+ and they only popped once I've gotten 100% of each category. I've also asked around in the Stardew Valley Discord community and people confirmed it is the case.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liav222 said:

I attempted those trophies almost from scratch last week on 1.5+ and they only popped once I've gotten 100% of each category. I've also asked around in the Stardew Valley Discord community and people confirmed it is the case.

Well, looking around, I found that out, too. It's all good. 

Interesting, so time commitment for the plat gas gone up while the skill requirement has gone down. Seems more in line with the spirit of the game.

Anybody got a time estimate with the new patch?

8 hours ago, Happy said:

Interesting, so time commitment for the plat gas gone up while the skill requirement has gone down. Seems more in line with the spirit of the game.

Anybody got a time estimate with the new patch?

Depends.

Newer players will find it probably adds another 15-20 hours onto the game.

For veterans, another 5-10 hours. 

There seems to be a few bugs going on the console versions with 1.5 though because myself and others I've spoken to have all had late game trophies completely bug out on us with the addition of the newer 1.5 stuff.

The issue with these bugs is you won't know they exist until you're right at the end of the game so be prepared for another multi-hour grind if those do bug for you.

• Like 1

I can confirm that even "Protector of the Valley" is longer with new patch as now it requires, in addiction to old ones, new goals for enemies found in lava dungeon.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:09 PM, SpacebarPIays said:

That said, i still love this game and the new 1.5 update from a game perspective is absolutely brilliant and IMO, this game isnt one that should be rushed with trophies in mind because its just such a good game.

Absolutely this: game is a pearl, still the best of its kind on PS4 imho (Graveyard Keeper in 2nd position, still imho obv).

Edited by gafpiratehook
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 5:15 PM, SpacebarPIays said:

Depends.

Newer players will find it probably adds another 15-20 hours onto the game.

For veterans, another 5-10 hours. 

There seems to be a few bugs going on the console versions with 1.5 though because myself and others I've spoken to have all had late game trophies completely bug out on us with the addition of the newer 1.5 stuff.

The issue with these bugs is you won't know they exist until you're right at the end of the game so be prepared for another multi-hour grind if those do bug for you.

Worst case, you can either downgrade the patch or play unpatched physical. Yea, a bit more work, but...people are still getting both trophies. Maybe if you start with the new patch, it's not as likely there's a problem or there's more to it? Hopefully someone who got it post-1.5 can offer some insight. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Worst case, you can either downgrade the patch or play unpatched physical. Yea, a bit more work, but...people are still getting both trophies. Maybe if you start with the new patch, it's not as likely there's a problem or there's more to it? Hopefully someone who got it post-1.5 can offer some insight. 

Not sure TBH.

The farm that glitched on both Local Legend + Craft Master was a completely fresh 1.5 farm :P

Is what it is, i can play the unpatched physical to run through them quickly anyways.

51 minutes ago, gafpiratehook said:

I can confirm that even "Protector of the Valley" is longer with new patch as now it requires, in addiction to old ones, new goals for enemies found in lava dungeon.

Absolutely this: game is a pearl, still the best of its kind on PS4 imho (Graveyard Keeper in 2nd position, still imho obv).

Yeah, those fire spirit things in the Lava Dungeon were annoying af, just super long dungeon to grind through.

The 10 levels there took longer than 50-60 in Skull Caverns haha.

Its sorta what makes me laugh about the comments previously in this thread about people complaining that the save function took away from their 'achievement' in the game.

Wonder if they would have the same feeling if Trophies were removed from them if new patches added new requirements...

1 minute ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Not sure TBH.

The farm that glitched on both Local Legend + Craft Master was a completely fresh 1.5 farm :P

Is what it is, i can play the unpatched physical to run through them quickly anyways.

May just simply be bad luck since there are people who have gotten both in recent days. Hopefully someone will offer some insight. :) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

With Fector’s Challenge being nerfed, what is the rest of the platinum looking like in terms of time?

I know absolutely nothing about this game, but I was searching for something similar to Moonlighter and stumbled across Stardew Valley. And I pretty much fell in love with the gameplay after watching a few videos. This looks like a wonderfully relaxing experience and the kind of game that would make for a good long term project, something to play for a few hours here and there when you just want to relax and unwind. I was shocked to see is only $20 CAD at full price so I can’t really find a reason to talk myself out of buying this.

18 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

With Fector’s Challenge being nerfed, what is the rest of the platinum looking like in terms of time?

I know absolutely nothing about this game, but I was searching for something similar to Moonlighter and stumbled across Stardew Valley. And I pretty much fell in love with the gameplay after watching a few videos. This looks like a wonderfully relaxing experience and the kind of game that would make for a good long-term project, something to play for a few hours here and there when you just want to relax and unwind. I was shocked to see is only $20 CAD at full price so I can’t really find a reason to talk myself out of buying this.

The hardest trophy was fectors challenge but after it got nerfed only hard trophies left are craft all items, ship every item, and complete the museum collection trophies 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TEKGUL1881 said:

The hardest trophy was fectors challenge but after it got nerfed only hard trophies left are craft all items, ship every item, and complete the museum collection trophies 

It looks like those are more of a grind than skill based. Shouldn’t be a big problem. Thanks for the info. ?

What are your thoughts on the game & trophy list if I may ask? Did you enjoy it or was it too grindy for your taste? I am really interested in picking this up now but I know nothing about it, besides what I’ve seen after watching a few YouTube videos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

It looks like those are more of a grind than skill based. Shouldn’t be a big problem. Thanks for the info. 1f642.png

What are your thoughts on the game & trophy list if I may ask? Did you enjoy it or was it too grindy for your taste? I am really interested in picking this up now but I know nothing about it, besides what I’ve seen after watching a few YouTube videos.

I actually love the game it's such a great game to play and if you have a friend it's even better, my only negative thought about the game was the fectors challenge, it became easier now with the new update but, ı still think that a hard skill-based trophy like this doesn't fit this game, I mean for one trophy it wants you to craft every item in the game which understandable, and for another trophy, it wants you to beat a mini-game, without getting any hit that has 13 levels but like I said its easier now so it shouldn't be a problem so this game definitely worths every penny you spend 

20 hours ago, TEKGUL1881 said:

I actually love the game it's such a great game to play and if you have a friend it's even better, my only negative thought about the game was the fectors challenge, it became easier now with the new update but, ı still think that a hard skill-based trophy like this doesn't fit this game, I mean for one trophy it wants you to craft every item in the game which understandable, and for another trophy, it wants you to beat a mini-game, without getting any hit that has 13 levels but like I said its easier now so it shouldn't be a problem so this game definitely worths every penny you spend 

Yeah I can totally understand people’s frustration. For such a relaxing, Minecrafty/farming simulator type of game, it seems odd to have such a frustrating and difficult challenge tied to a mini-game, and something that could kind of ruin the vibe for people. Luckily this seems to be a non-issue now that you can save your progress.

I’ve never played a game like this before, but the gameplay footage kind of reminds me of Moonlighter in terms of look and feel, and it looks like a very relaxing, go-at-your-own-pace type of experience. I’d really like to give this one a try, just wanted to hear some thoughts and opinions on people’s experience with platinuming this one. ?

On ٢٨‏/١٢‏/٢٠٢٠ at 8:03 AM, sappho-lopod said:

In the 1.5 update - currently out on PC, coming early next year to consoles - Journey of the Prairie King can now be quit and resumed later, meaning that runs can be completed in multiple sessions and even across multiple days. After testing this feature on the steam version, the Fector's Challenge achievement is now much, much easier, as if you die you can just quit and restart the day. Though still a bit annoying due to the overall crappy nature of Prairie King, the biggest obstacle to this game's plat has been more or less removed, bringing the difficulty from a 7 or 8 out of 10 all the way down to about a 3.

W for the trophies hunters 

On 27.06.2021 at 11:00 PM, snoopdoggtg said:

So how does this exploit for Fector's Challenge actually work?

The game itself saves your progress every day so when you quit that game middle of the day game deletes all of your progress at that day and you start from the beginning of the day with this update journey of the prarie king saves your progress so what you do is basically pass a day without dying and save that day and continue if your die at any level restart the day and return to moment du you didn't died my English is not very good but ı hope you understood what I said, if you have any questions pls ask

• 5 months later...

Yeah, Journey of the prairie king is an absolute joke right now.

Managed to do a normal run while basically quitting and saving after each stage.

Restarted the game a couple times when I died during stage one and two, and by stage three I had plenty of coins/lives to continue forward to the final boss.

Died a couple times along the way and to the boss, but with the method above I'm pretty sure I'm able to beat it without dying in no-time.

What was once a insanely difficult challenge, is now a joke.

My respect to all of you that did this before it was updated and changed.

You accomplished something that I probably never could. ?

(Still glad I'm able to 100% the game now though :P )

• 5 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 3:59 PM, gafpiratehook said:

I had never heard of Graveyard Keeper before reading your post and after looking into it, I have to get it!  It's actually on sale with all DLC right now, so perfect timing!

• 3 months later...