Your most proud platinum trophy

CaveBear912

Probably the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on PS3. Used to play it a lot back in the day but I had always kind of resigned myself to the fact that I'd never be able to get all of the special ops trophies seeing as you had to complete every special ops mission on veteran difficulty without dying, but years later, I fucking did it.

• Like 4

On my old account maybe Vanquish on PS3, that one was a doozy. I was also proud to have gotten the plat for Brawlhalla since that was an enormous investment of time and I almost quit a few times during the process. On this account so far, maybe Dark Cloud 2 because it's one of the best games ever made but a truly egregious platinum trophy experience. I'm also proud to be the first person to plat Knights of Pen and Paper +1.

I'm also proud to have gotten the Risk Taker trophy in the Kingdom Hearts III dlc for the 100% since it was extraordinarily difficult the way I chose to do it but very rewarding. 

• Like 2

It's not the rarest platinum I have, but Dead Space 2 was a big milestone for me. Hardcore difficulty was a real nailbiter and it's still one of my favorite games ever made. Really glad I could find the courage to get through that nasty difficulty.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Probably the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on PS3. Used to play it a lot back in the day but I had always kind of resigned myself to the fact that I'd never be able to get all of the special ops trophies seeing as you had to complete every special ops mission on veteran difficulty without dying, but years later, I fucking did it.

Hell yeah man this game is definitely underrated in difficulty. Were you the one who did the 2 mandatory co-op missions with or am I thinking of somebody else?

I just remember starting that game (my first CoD at the time) and going from feeling like it would be an easy one for me to bag, to feeling like I may never get it done after doing those mandatory co-op missions online. The Spec Ops servers were so laggy they were basically unplayable and I soon realized I would have to do them all by myself if I wanted to finish.

In the end I had a lot of help from old guides and speed running strategies I found on YouTube, but I was pretty proud of myself when that platinum popped. ?

10 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

It's not the rarest platinum I have, but Dead Space 2 was a big milestone for me. Hardcore difficulty was a real nailbiter and it's still one of my favorite games ever made. Really glad I could find the courage to get through that nasty difficulty.

Congrats on this one!

Funnily enough, I’m actually watching Adam McDermott’s Dead Space 2 platinum journey on YouTube at this very moment. It’s pretty damn funny watching his soul crushing reactions as he dies repeatedly and has to restart. ?

I’ve never got the chance to play Dead Space before but it looks incredible tbh. I want this plat in my collection.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ve never got the chance to play Dead Space before but it looks incredible tbh. I want this plat in my collection.

Mate, Dead Space is such a great game! Dead Space 2... urgh, lost countless hours and days going for that platinum thanks to dying stupidly.

24 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Fair play to you. I ended up giving up. Great game, but ended up disliking it due to restarting, so I'd rather have fond memories as opposed to hating it.

Edited by OpenScars
Format
  • Like 1

Probably vanilla Street Fighter IV. The first time I done all those trials it took me months just practising to get better. All that hard work paid off when I finally unlocked the platinum. 

I also have Super Street Fighter IV on both PS3/PS4 platinumed but nothing can compare to the sheer sense of inertia I felt when spending all those months grinding away on vanilla SFIV and then getting the pay off after such hard work.

• Like 3