Your most proud platinum trophy

CaveBear912

Super Meat Boy without question. Dark cotton alley took months of consistent on and off attempts and when I finally got the platinum it really was a feeling unlike any other. This is definitely the one game in my list that is unequivocally a 10/10 difficulty, and as much as I enjoyed the euphoria from popping that platinum, I don't think I'll attempt any more of these for the sake of keeping my sanity.

Honorable mention to Towerfall Ascension as well, actually got to know a few people who played this and slowly completed the trophy list over time. Enjoyable game but the platinum was very grindy and difficult to boot.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 4

Well, for me it's "Never Fade Away" from Cyberpunk 2077.

Got mine on 12/31. Isn't a WOW WHAT A PLATINUM but i love the game, a lot.

IDK, it's beautiful.

Well, at same time I got the most pain in the ass platinum: Ultimate Fall Guys.. bro, what a frustrating platinum ?

I would have to say that I am proudest of my Resident Evil 0 platinum for this brand new account, as Hard Mode was a real challenge for me and I enjoyed it very much. For my old account, which is now my alt, I got the 100% on Assassin's Creed Odyssey after playing all day every day for almost two straight weeks. I would still consider that one a runner up, though, because of how much fun I had with the challenge of Resident Evil 0.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

NBA 2K16.  Best game I received from PSPlus.  I was just planning to play the game and enjoy it, picking up what trophies I could.

Never expected to go for the Platinum, I think it is 0.03%, but hey, as I made progress, I saw it was very much doable.  Just need the right combination of skill and ability to grind.

It has made me pick up more recent NBA titles, and recently platted NBA 2K20.  Very much looking forward to seeing the evolution on PS5, first impressions seem to be good.

I will also add a Honorary Mention to Madden 11 as it was my 1st Platinum.  

On 12/29/2020 at 11:15 AM, PatVach said:

Dyad   PS3.

took me like 4 years!!

Congrats!  I've been working on Dyad off and on for like eight years.  I'll get it someday, lol.

I am really proud of platting Sekiro although I know lots of people have.  I had to take a break from it for over a year before going back and finally beating the game and platting it.  Great game but it stressed me out like nothing else.

I am also proud of my Dead Cells plat.  I played it back when it first came out so I don't know how patches have changed it, but when I played it the boss cell runs and no-hit boss battles were pretty tough.

Tales of Vesperia on PS3, it was my third ever platinum trophy and I remember it being quite challenging with all the missables. 

Another game is FFX-2, my favourite FF and I had played in over like 11 times on the PS2 version, so I consider myself an expert at this game. I got 100% and the plat all on one playthrough

• Like 2

For rare trophies it's Homefront. Not the hardest game, but a hard grind and only 507 achievers on this site giving it a percentage of 0.35 and a 0.2% on PSN. I was also the 7th in the world according to this site. 

For difficulty it's The Evil Within. Beating the game on Akumu mode was no easy task for me. I tried once back when it came out and after I got to chapter 6, I just didn't bother finishing. I knew at the time I just couldn't do it. But, 6 years later I started the game over and after dying over 100 times in 12 hours or so of in game time, I got it. I was so damn happy I tried again. Not the rarest of trophies on this site at almost 4%, but it's at 0.40% on PSN. 

Platinumed the entire Ps4 Yakuza series (0-7).  8 games total.  I probably spent 100+ hours average per game and mini games is definitely the #1 platinum killer for some of these games.  If you like to learn mahjong and some other mini-games that have unfair difficulty with finicky controls, then this is for you.  

Edited by acidkai_ak

3 on 3 Freestyle, my rarest plat. Hell of a grind, but reaching the point where you know you are good enough at the game to regularly get MVP awards was very satisfying.

Call of Duty WW2. Having been a big follower of the COD Zombies storylines without ever completing a major easter egg myself, it was very satisfying learning and improving my skill enough to get both the core and hardcore easter egg trophies for this game! 

Sonic Unleashed is one of them, those Eggmanland hot dogs mission made me quit, few months later I decided to give it a go, took a couple of weeks but I was able to finally done it, I never felt so proud.

Final Fantasy XIII was one of my first ps3 games, while not a difficult game, also made me quit, (I was honeslty quite bad at the game) took me 5 years to go back to the game to finish the story and all trophies, funny enough it was also one of my last platinium on the PS3.

Edited by Ninjise
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 8:45 AM, jaehyun1009 said:

Super Meat Boy without question. Dark cotton alley took months of consistent on and off attempts and when I finally got the platinum it really was a feeling unlike any other. This is definitely the one game in my list that is unequivocally a 10/10 difficulty, and as much as I enjoyed the euphoria from popping that platinum, I don't think I'll attempt any more of these for the sake of keeping my sanity.

Honorable mention to Towerfall Ascension as well, actually got to know a few people who played this and slowly completed the trophy list over time. Enjoyable game but the platinum was very grindy and difficult to boot.

So a big NO for SMB forever , LoL ?

• Like 3

Crash Bandicoot  2, Spyro or CTR NK. These games were my childhood and they bring back fond memories. It was great to be able to play them as an adult again.

Otherwise Ni No Kuni. I think that game will always be my favourite PS3 game

Just got it today, MGS2. Nearly 20 years ago it released and beat it on extreme back then. Felt I had to show it with my trophies. The VR is pure grind for a few 10s of genuine difficult missions. Though some plats do feel like grinds but this one felt really rewarding in the end. 

Edited by DismalRabbit
  • Like 2