Your most proud platinum trophy

CaveBear912

For me it’s definitely Catherine: Full Body, I just got it today after working on in constantly for 8 months. The game is very challenging which is why I’m so proud I got it. It’s very unique and you’ll definitely won’t play another game like it. Highly recommended, just be ready for a long and arduous task if you decide to 100% it 

Edited by Yuuria_

28 minutes ago, shai_sr12345 said:

Going to platinum it soon only 950 points remains to get the final trophy before the platinum will be earned

I will be starting this game in the near future, but will play Rayman Origins beforehand to help my skills in doing the challenges.

Olli Olli 2 as it's an incredibly difficult platinum. I saw it was in a top ten hardest video (for it's year) on YouTube and it was like #3 or something on the list. I also got attack on titan 2 the very same day like a few hours before hand so that was very eventful those platinums were a ton of grinding (no pun intended) and I'd also like to give a shout-out to AC valhalla since on its leaderboard I stand at 24th in its first achiever list (was 23 but it moved)

• Like 2

It's hard for me to pick just one so I'll pick my top 3.

El Shaddai: Having to get G rank on every chapter on Hard diffculty and beating the game on EXTRA difficulty took a lot of practice.

Batman Arkham Asylum: 95% of the game is not hard. But the 5% that is the combat challenges was really frustrating. Took me 5 years before I went back and finally got the plat. Fuck Shock and Awe.

Tears to Tiara Gaiden: Secret of Avalon: Despite having very little knowledge of Japanese (only a handful of words and phrases), I thought trying to plat an untranslated SPRG/visual novel hybrid was a good idea. Because there were almost no resources for non-Japanese users, I was mostly on my own pasting the game's Japanese title in Google hoping to find Japanese guides or blogs. The situation led me to dedicate the time to create a trophy guide that I could easily reference and would benefit other users. Took almost 2 years, but I finally got the plat and I'm pretty proud of the guide I made.

Edited by Seraphim_Rez

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

I will be starting this game in the near future, but will play Rayman Origins beforehand to help my skills in doing the challenges.

In rayman origins you don't have the online challenges at all. I didn't platinum the game & its does not effect the skills for the challenges themselves. You will learn how to play the game & the challenges in the game itself

I would say Persona 5. Not a difficult plat, but very long. It took 90 hours to get it (8 months with several breaks from the game), even though I think the mean is around 100-120.

I'm also very proud of The Last of Us Remastered. Now after beating for the first time Dark Souls Remastered I will go after its platinum for sure. 

Max Payne 3
Finishing NYMH was though (finish the whole game in one sitting without dying). The glitches were the most annoying part, but by the time I got to finishing it, I was playing like a pro. I knew all the enemy spawns from memory and I would get only headshots by firing from the hip. The dead online mode was just as tiring, but I loved the game and I would do it again (although I hope I never will)

• Like 1

Probably Dead by Daylight. It’s not crazy hard, but it’s still pretty rare. The platinum was really enjoyable to get, so enjoyable in fact that I’m doing it again on PS5.. I’m only 4 trophies away from getting it again.

10 hours ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

It's hard for me to pick just one so I'll pick my top 3.

El Shaddai: Having to get G rank on every chapter on Hard diffculty and beating the game on EXTRA difficulty took a lot of practice.

Batman Arkham Asylum: 95% of the game is not hard. But the 10% that is the combat challenges was really frustrating. Took me 5 years before I went back and finally got the plat. Fuck Shock and Awe.

Tears to Tiara Gaiden: Secret of Avalon: Despite having very little knowledge of Japanese (only a handful of words and phrases), I thought trying to plat an untranslated SPRG/visual novel hybrid was a good idea. Because there were almost no resources for non-Japanese users, I was mostly on my own pasting the game's Japanese title in Google hoping to find Japanese guides or blogs. The situation led me to dedicate the time to create a trophy guide that I could easily reference and would benefit other users. Took almost 2 years, but I finally got the plat and I'm pretty proud of the guide I made.

El Shaddai is such an incredible game. I spent last gen hoping for a remaster that never came ?

Definitely my Red Dead 2 Plat. For whatever reason when I finished all the story and was about 90% done with the 100% I stopped because I though I missed a bandit camp that was tied to the O'driscolls. So thinking I ruined my 100% run and my last save was about 70 hours previous I gave up. Then I went on to play other games for about 7 months until later I realized I was an Idiot and nothing is missable. So I came back and grinded out the last half of the trophy list. It was my first genuinely hard plat I got!

For me, it would be these 3:

1) Nex Machina. The pinacle of what Housemarque has done so far. I had so much fun playing this game but it also pushed me out of my comfort zone to get the platinum. I'll always hate the Architect boos fight but with the right strategy, it simply worked!

2) Rayman Legends on Vita. That online "Champion!" trophy to get in the top 1% of players of a daily/weekly challenge. The leadearboards are dominated by either pros or players like me who want the same trophty and it was long.... I played daily for weeks and I improved little by little. I got the trophy on day without a challenge glitch and I will always remember my reaction when I did an almost perfect run. My jaw dropped for like 20 seconds, I couldn't believe seeing my name in the top 10 and I was stressed for a big part of the day that some other players would kick me out of the top 1%. I felt so relieved when it unlocked the next day, it felt amazing.

3) Payday The Heist. I have no idea how I got this one. I found myself in a group of random dedicated players and we met on several days to beat the toughest challenge without even using mics, just by setting the strategy before hand on PS3 messages. It just worked and it felt incredible to pull these off as they were hard.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, shai_sr12345 said:

In rayman origins you don't have the online challenges at all. I didn't platinum the game & its does not effect the skills for the challenges themselves. You will learn how to play the game & the challenges in the game itself

They’re both platformers and they’re a part of a long time series. I prefer doing series rather than just a lone game. 

I’m a seasoned veteran of platformers, so Rayman Legends shouldn’t be that hard.

Marvel Heroes Omega.

Not really difficult, just very time consuming and very grindy, with one or two highly RNG dependent trophies. I was really happy to get this one as I was really enjoying the game. It's sad that it's gone now.

• 6 months later...

Probably, I Am Bread. The Amount of BS I had to go through in order to get all the levels A++ without wanting to break my controller or everything in the surrounding area. (Looking at you Cheesehunt Garden) Really made my day to finally platinum it along with the other 170 people who have achieved it. Also nice since that game was on my list for years at like 3%. 

Edited by SKiL_Clash

Wolfenstein II (twice, both in English and German) and Fall Guys prior to any patches/abusable bugs. Wolfenstein II is pretty self explanatory but I consider it far more of an achievement then any of the grindy plats I have, even though it only took me about a week each time! It's such an enjoyable challenge that feels amazing when you get it.

Similarly Fall Guys at launch was an insane achievement that I almost gave up on due to disconnects/team games but managed to pull through at the end. I even managed to unlock the trophy again a day later by accident playing on my partner at the times account to get her some wins. Unfortunately I don't think this is worth very much any more with the various bugs that have come out and the changes (that I haven't looked into much) that as I understand it makes it easier.

One day I might get around to finishing Trackmania Turbo, I think I would consider that up there with Wolfenstein II.

• Like 1