Your most proud platinum trophy

CaveBear912

Probably my most proud, and probably so because of recency bias, and pissubky my most difficult to get was Shadow of the Colossus on PS3. I finished the last time trial with less than 6 seconds and I was visibly shaking for a while after that. Red Dead 2 is one of my top 5 most proud purely based on the commitment I surprised myself with having in getting the plat. Same goes for Persona 4 and Persona 5. Bloodborne was my first big boy plat. Just fucking rambling now, but :blah:.

Absolver- not because of the rarity or the difficulty, but because of the sheer amount of partnership and teamwork with other players that it took.

I generally only play single player experiences so a multiplayer focused game that took a ton of teamwork to get the platinum was outside my wheelhouse

• Like 2

Dead by Daylight. There’s a tonne of grinding involved but there’s also a fair few extremely rare trophies that require a ridiculous level of skill.

Hardest Platinum I’ve ever got and boosting doesn’t help with any of the properly hard trophies. It’s all fully skill dependant which is why I’m not surprised it has such a low completion rate on here. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 4:41 PM, Brrrrrradislava said:

Mortal Kombat ( 2011 ) 

-The grind for My kung fu is stronger. 

-The 300-challenges tower. At least it gave the "Best...alternate...ever". haha

-Hidden characters.

I'm a big fan of MK so it was hard, but I enjoyed it.

I'm annoyed I did the 300 challenges tower on my PS3 in my bedroom, so to do it again on the main account,,,just mildly frustrating.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:25 AM, Puppeter04 said:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 

I platted that whole thing alone (except the forced coop specs) and I didn't stress too much :) 

*and SoundShapes bc I hated that thing with my soul and life.

Is Soundshapes really that horrible, I just picked it up in a pack of games, so let me know if it's truly horrible, or if you just hate it.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:30 PM, FreneticWave said:

Does beaten the final level of this game count?

That looks like a damn nightmare.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

Is Soundshapes really that horrible, I just picked it up in a pack of games, so let me know if it's truly horrible, or if you just hate it.

For what it's worth, I really liked Soundshapes - so at worst, it's divisive - there are definitely people who thought it was smart and a super cool concept ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

For what it's worth, I really liked Soundshapes - so at worst, it's divisive - there are definitely people who thought it was smart and a super cool concept 1f44d.png

I was going to say its got like 50% completion so it cannot be that arduous of a task, I seen screnshots and seemed fine.  Haven't watched some gameplay yet, so will check that out next.

On 09/01/2021 at 3:13 AM, Seraphim_Rez said:

Batman Arkham Asylum: 95% of the game is not hard. But the 5% that is the combat challenges was really frustrating. Took me 5 years before I went back and finally got the plat. Fuck Shock and Awe.

I wouldn't want to take away from anyone's achievements, as I know everyone finds certain things more difficult than others, but I see this opinion thrown around a lot and I don't understand where it comes from? I struggled far more with the predator rooms than the combat ones. I love the game though, I've actually 100% it 4 times over both this account and my Xbox tag.

What was it that made it difficult for you in regards the challenges? I do agree that Shock and Awe is the most difficult of the bunch though.

2 hours ago, HokieCAB said:

Absolver- not because of the rarity or the difficulty, but because of the sheer amount of partnership and teamwork with other players that it took.

I generally only play single player experiences so a multiplayer focused game that took a ton of teamwork to get the platinum was outside my wheelhouse

I came here to say exactly this. I'm not normally a MP player, but something about Absolver really got its hooks into me. Such a great community in that game - even the people who handed my butt to me again and again did it in a really lovely way. I think I probably won about a third of the matches that eventually got me to the plat, and I'm proud of every one.

My other one's definitely The Witness. That time trial is brutal, and I got it legit. I might not have managed, but a friend had done it the day before, and he was sat watching my attempt. There was a real mix of being spurred on by his encouragement and not wanting to give him the satisfaction of getting the plat when I couldn't. Such elation when I finally got it.

On 29/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Super Meat Boy. I don't need to say ANYTHING, because you guys all know why it's a proud platinum.

Also, everybody and their mother know you got that Platinum.

Now we'll have to hear about it till the rest of our goddamn lives.

Nah, I'm just jealous. HUGE achievement, bro?

• Like 1

For me it's actually the FIFA 10 DLC trophies rather than any of my platinum trophies.  The trophies themselves are not that hard and take maybe 20-25 hours, but I'm proud of them because the story behind them is actually unique as far as I know.  The Ultimate Team shop, which was required to get any trophies in the DLC, went down unexpectedly in June or July or 2011, despite the core game servers remaining online.  It was a similar scenario to the leagues going down in Black Ops 2, rendering the Big Leagues trophy unattainable.  Anyway the servers for the core game were due to go offline in December 2011, so nobody was expecting EA to bother fixing the servers for a small part of FIFA 10, since FIFA 12 was already out at this point, but there were still a decent number of posts on the PS3T forums discussing this.  Amazingly, a random guy with only a handful of posts posted saying he knew someone on the FIFA dev team and he'd ask to see if he could get it fixed, and a few days later the store was back up.  The threads and posts are still there on PS3T.  That same guy actually loaned a bunch of people his 100% chemistry team as well so that we could get the most troublesome trophy of the DLC, a true unsung hero!  For me personally, my 100% account wouldn't have been possible without him.

I'm aware of some other precedents with older games becoming unattainable before eventually being fixed by the developers, having private servers created for them, or other workarounds being found, but I don't think such a thing has ever occurred for an obsolete yearly EA sports game, and certainly not as a result of some trophy hunters complaining amongst themselves on an obscure forum.

Edited by WakeUpHP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

SoundShapes was such a cool and unique game, it’s just the death mode levels are an absolute bitch. You do need a healthy dose of skill, but they are mostly based on random luck. It’s not like a typical platformer where you can practice a section repeatedly and improve a little each time, a successful run is entirely based around getting a favourable flurry of note spawns that are close together.

I started this game way back in the beginning of my trophy hunting “career” when I was considerably less skilled and experienced with games than I am now. But I never finished, and now it’s become the biggest embarrassment on my trophy list. I’ve been meaning to go back and clean it up for several years now because at this point it’s just sad, but I never quite find the motivation to fire it up and get at it.

If anybody wants to mock me and send me mean private messages it might help. Otherwise, I’m going to add this game to my list in the Fall Backlog Challenge event and force myself to finish it. ?

• Like 1

Well, i have two. One is DJ Hero, doing all songs with 5 stars on expert was very challenging, much more than DJ Hero 2.

The second is WipEout HD Fury, getting gold on Elite mode is more trickier than it seems.

Also i can mention to have the 100% of Uncharted 3, which has a lot of trophies and some of then required a lot of effort for both me and my boosting partners.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 0:59 AM, SlimSanta94 said:

Crypt Of The Necrodancer.. I never had or probably never will put as much effort into another platinum as I did for that one.

Oh my god. One of the hardest, if not the hardest platinum in Playstation history. Congrats dude.

18 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

SoundShapes was such a cool and unique game, it’s just the death mode levels are an absolute bitch. You do need a healthy dose of skill, but they are mostly based on random luck. It’s not like a typical platformer where you can practice a section repeatedly and improve a little each time, a successful run is entirely based around getting a favourable flurry of note spawns that are close together.

I started this game way back in the beginning of my trophy hunting “career” when I was considerably less skilled and experienced with games than I am now. But I never finished, and now it’s become the biggest embarrassment on my trophy list. I’ve been meaning to go back and clean it up for several years now because at this point it’s just sad, but I never quite find the motivation to fire it up and get at it.

If anybody wants to mock me and send me mean private messages it might help. Otherwise, I’m going to add this game to my list in the Fall Backlog Challenge event and force myself to finish it. 1f606.png

I actually totally believe this is true - for one simple reason - I never had any issue with it.

Now - anyone who is even marginally familiar with me knows - I am definitely not one to 'downplay' the difficulty of  games.

I am entirely comfortable admitting games that I find difficult, even when everyone else seems to breeze through them, (and that is a lot of them ?)

Like, half my status updates are about what a crappy performance I am displaying in whatever game I'm getting me ass handed to me by at any given time. (Spoiler alert - it's currently Returnal that is making me it's bitch ?)

...but, for whatever reason, I never had any issue with death mode at all, and I remember being genuinely confused when I saw a lot of people saying it was so tough.

The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is - it is luck and RNG based - and I must have had a run of incredible luck at the time, and just had them all go my way really quickly :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 hours ago, insaneeeRob said:

Little big planet. I got the game back in 2011 and I finally got the platinum last year.

Nice job.

I own all 3 of the games, yet these games while somewhat fun have always kind of bugged me.  They seem disorganized and all over the place.  I'm probably going to have to do what @dieselmanchild is planning and literally force myself to plat the LBP's so they can just get off my list.  I honestly would rather play GT5 without a plat, then do LBP's, it just annoys me sometimes.

• Like 1