Your most proud platinum trophy

CaveBear912

35 minutes ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

No. It’s not. Some of the survivor stuff is boostable with a full group of 4. Most of the Killer stuff you either have to do entirely alone or spend hours on end searching for a single game where you somehow manage to find your ‘boosting group’ 

Think before you spout your false shit in future. 

Lmao funny because I helped a 4 group once and we platinumed in a few days so hours my ass kid.

37 minutes ago, Andumssssssssss said:

Fortnite, the platinum is achieved in the pve mode and was an absolutely terrible grind that took me nearly an entire year to complete. I was so burned out by the time I did complete 100% I didn’t even feel a sense of accomplishment.

I had the same feeling with Star Ocean 4

- Dishonoured 2 because it's such a fantastic game and the platinum title perfectly sums up the lifestyle of Emily, the (canon) protagonist.

- Red Dead Redemption 2 because it's a true test of perseverance and I did it before the quality-of-life improvements too (back when Gold Rush didn't keep improved gear)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 11:25 AM, HelixNebula_x said:

I wouldn't want to take away from anyone's achievements, as I know everyone finds certain things more difficult than others, but I see this opinion thrown around a lot and I don't understand where it comes from? I struggled far more with the predator rooms than the combat ones. I love the game though, I've actually 100% it 4 times over both this account and my Xbox tag.

What was it that made it difficult for you in regards the challenges? I do agree that Shock and Awe is the most difficult of the bunch though.

For me, I found the predator levels easier because I really like stealth games. While I do enjoy some combat heavy games like Devil May Cry, I was never that good at them or maintaining combos in really any game.
And in the case of the predator challenges, you can watch a video playthrough on Youtube and if you follow what that player does, you'll get the same outcome whereas if yu watch someone get a high score in a combat challenge, there is no guarantee the enemies will act in the same manner.

I do think it's a matter of what you are most comfortable with.

In the case of Arkham Asylum, when I got the plat, after thinking about it, I should have gotten it earlier. I replayed the first 1/3 of the game to refresh myself of the controls and ended up finishing the last combat challenges the next day though Shock and Awe is difficult. Probably restarted that one....50 times.

Edited by Seraphim_Rez
grammer
  • Like 2

I don't really have any to be proud of. Really all of mine are easy to insanely easy.

But I'll bite...

Persona 5 Royal: If nothing else because this was the longest game I've ever played. I didn't skip cutscenes. I have a feeling that a lot of people on this site already played the vanilla version of Persona 5 and then went for the platinum in Royal while skipping a ton of cutscenes and dialogue.

Rocket League: Because it's really grindy and I never traded an item with another player. If I hadn't bought the Rocket Pass, it would've taken longer.

Ghost of Tsushima: Some of the bamboo strikes and almost all the hidden altars gave me trouble. So I was glad to get this platinum.

7 hours ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

For me, I found the predator levels easier because I really like stealth games. While I do enjoy some combat heavy games like Devil May Cry, I was never that good at them or maintaining combos in really any game.
And in the case of the predator challenges, you can watch a video playthrough on Youtube and if you follow what that player does, you'll get the same outcome whereas if yu watch someone get a high score in a combat challenge, there is no guarantee the enemies will act in the same manner.

I do think it's a matter of what you are most comfortable with.

In the case of Arkham Asylum, when I got the plat, after thinking about it, I should have gotten it earlier. I replayed the first 1/3 of the game to refresh myself of the controls and ended up finishing the last combat challenges the next day though Shock and Awe is difficult. Probably restarted that one....50 times.

Combat stops a lot of people from getting the Arkham Asylum platinum. Didn't think it was that bad in all honesty. Arkham City was a lot worse because of the predator challenges. I'm not a big fan of stealth.

While it's certainly not one of the hardest rhythm games out there, I'm proud I finally got the plat for Project Diva X. The Ultimate Medley Triple Threat Extreme (well that's a mouthful) nearly wrecked my hands. Really just had to play it until it all became muscle memory. Glad it's done.

• Like 1

My proudest plats? All the ones in my trophy cabinet, with the exception of RDR2 which I will never plat because I am not doing the online. Outside of the MP, that game is my second favourite game of all time after Witcher 3. Getting "Skin Deep", "Zoologist" and "Best in the West" was no joke.  

Outside of Wings, Legend, Dungeon Master, Indiana Jones, Championship Manager, Sensible Soccer and Monkey Island I and II on the Amiga 500, those are my favourite games of all time. NHLPA Hockey 93 was also a big winner with me on the Sega MegaDrive.

Impossible to say. MGS5: TFP is a game I never thought I would even like, my brother sent me his copy when he was done with it (he has played 300 games, completed them all, including Super Meat Boy and other 10/10 difficulty games but has zero platinums, he is a genius at gaming but thinks trophy hunting is stupid!). MGS5 turned into one of my favourite games. Believe me when I say that no-one was more surprised than me when I got all but one of the trophies for it. I hated the hospital section so much I put off getting the last trophy for four years, but used my 100th plat as an excuse to force me to do it. I just needed to escape the Man on Fire on horseback without getting hit. I did it on my first try and didn't know you could save scum (you only get one save file and I was terrified of screwing with it, fortunately I never needed to upload a cloud/USB save).  

Obviously Witcher 3, my favourite game ever, which I have 100%ed. Best game ever and best DLC ever. My only regret was ignoring Gwent in my first two playthroughs.

I think Rise of the Tomb Raider was the best plat I have done. It was so frustrating I wanted to throw my controller at my TV on the Score Attack mode, but beating those challenges was the most satisfying thing I have ever experienced in gaming.

If anyone knows anything about golf, there is this thing called "the yips". On the very last trophy I needed on RotTR I couldn't even make the simple jump at the start of the last level. It was insane. When I finally beat it I was sweating profusely and was an incoherent mess. I absolutely despise that trophy list but at the same time, it rocks. I was really pissed that they didn't replicate it for Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

I absolutely adore the Dragon Age games. Even 2, which was a bit of a mess, but was still fantastic overall.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is a masterpiece. Dragon's Crown is also fantastic, but quite grindy.    

Even though I hate online games, I have to admit that getting the "Strength of Our Alliance" trophy after setting up a boosting session on here for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North was exhilarating. As was getting the online trophies for Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Getting all the Uncharted trophies for the plats was wonderful. Uncharted 4 particularly so because I live in the countryside in France, in the middle of nowhere. Finally getting good enough Internet to be able to plat the game was really great. I had pretty much written it off. Uncharted is probably my favourite franchise. I know Lost Legacy wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I thought it was great. Loved platting that game.

I'm going to put a special note in here for The Sexy Brutale. It may not be a hard game or a rare plat but the game is AMAZING. My existence on this ball flying round the sun was definitely improved by playing that game. A pocket masterpiece if you will.

In short, this is probably the worst reply you received AJ, because I have no idea what my proudest plat is. ? All I know is, unless I play some really life changing games, my trophy cabinet isn't changing regardless of how UR the games are. It's not so much pride as LOVE. I LOVE those games.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Feral said:

The Witcher III - Death March is no joke.

@baboon_overlord Don’t let online hold you back from that RDR2 plat. Online isn’t too bad and those trophies are easy as to knock out especially now with all the new content.

I've done all online in RDR2, and the only thing i really dread, is the 70 gold medals... That bullshit, i could live without... Online is easy, but a little time consuming.

• Like 1

inFAMOUS, Prototype, and Assassin's Creed IV. inFAMOUS is memorable because it's one of the first games with trophies I played, is probably my favorite of all time, and because those last few Blast Shards were so well hidden, I had to print out maps and circle each one I picked up to clean them up. Prototype had the exact same issue, in addition to ballbusting challenges and Hard Mode being mandatory. And ACIV had those damn multiplayer trophies that took a lot of coordination with 3 other players to finally do. Took me 2 years to get around to that one. It's the trophy hunting equivalent of finally getting that pesky piece of meat or popcorn kernel out of your teeth. 

• Like 1