Your most proud platinum trophy

CaveBear912

19 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I've done all online in RDR2, and the only thing i really dread, is the 70 gold medals... That bullshit, i could live without... Online is easy, but a little time consuming.

Lol yeah, they’re torturous bastards those medals. I’m dragging my feet on getting them.

1 minute ago, Feral said:

Lol yeah, they’re torturous bastards those medals. I’m dragging my feet on getting them.

My plan is to finish the last 2 online trophies in RDR1 (level 50 online, and pass into legend), and then im gonna tackle RDR2 singleplayer im missing. My plan is to do the rest of the campaign and the campaign related stuff, the skinning of animals and the study of animals, and rest of 100%. 

Basically everything except the gold medals. For a start. Then im gonna see if i ever can manage to do the hell of gold medals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

It's not a single game, but I am proud of myself for having all 4 Cold Steel games on my milestones

cs43b1jts.png

cs2psr4jlj.png

cs1psfnjta.png

tenor.gif?itemid=9430483&f=1&nofb=1

What the hell? That's incredible man. Serious, serious credit to you for accomplishing that kind of curating. AND KH3 is your 100th plat. You're a good dude

• Like 2

Down well and I am Bread both gave me the biggest adrenaline rush.  I am Bread specifically I remember spending 8 hours trying to get a A++ on the last level and when I finally got it I didn't even see the platinum pop I just put my head down and stared at the ground because it was finally over.

2 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

My plan is to finish the last 2 online trophies in RDR1 (level 50 online, and pass into legend), and then im gonna tackle RDR2 singleplayer im missing. My plan is to do the rest of the campaign and the campaign related stuff, the skinning of animals and the study of animals, and rest of 100%. 

Basically everything except the gold medals. For a start. Then im gonna see if i ever can manage to do the hell of gold medals.

I think they made it so you can use your guns and stuff for gold medals now so should be much easier.

• Like 1

Resogun long after it was dead.

Just holds a good memory, I spent hours in the lobby, 8 hours and a random guy named Fenrir(with three numbers or more) joined the lobby. We fought to the last boss in hardest difficulty but over the course of the game he took too many of my lives and I ended up dying at the last 10% of the final bosses health pool with no respawns. It disconnected us after the match.

Went to make a new lobby and he immediately joined, we went and did the entire games hardest difficulty without ever getting hit. No communication and we didn't even add each other. But the memory holds a special place for me, much like my first experience with Journey.

• Like 1

I mean, I feel like it's supposed to be Super Meat Boy.

But I have a certain level of pride in a bunch of indie games that I played on release, before a guide was written or any real info was out on the internet about it. Like Banner Saga 3 or Armello where it wasn't just figuring out the best way to get a trophy, it was figuring out what the heck the trophy was asking you to do. Especially Banner Saga, because I was talking to a few people at the time and trading information that we had. That was a lot of fun.

On 24/08/2021 at 9:48 AM, TomataEighty9 said:

Sounds like you’ve got a slog ahead of you with both games. Hopefully the skinning and studying trophies don’t give you too much grief. Good luck mate.

On 24/08/2021 at 2:37 PM, TomataEighty9 said:

Even then, it's crap :D 

WHY, did they not make it like GTA V... Just let us stack the requirements, jesus :o 

They do stack.

3 hours ago, Feral said:

They do stack.

So if they have 3 requirements, i can in theory do 1 at a time, and do the mission 3 times? :) 

In that case, im gonna do them!!

3 hours ago, Feral said:

Sounds like you’ve got a slog ahead of you with both games. Hopefully the skinning and studying trophies don’t give you too much grief. Good luck mate.

Yeah, at least im like level 37 or something in RDR1 online, and then it's all the SP. So not that long of a grind left online. 

RDR2 online is all done, so yeah. But small baby steps, one thing at a time.

Well, everyone has a Platinum they enjoy and I have a few that I'm proud of...

Grand Theft Auto V - Platted 7/12/2020 (my most proud plat)

- Minecraft - Platted 4/9/2020

- Plants vs Zombies GW2 - Platted 2/19/2021

- Dying Light - Platted 6/9/2021

- P5D / P3D - Platted 7/7/2020 & 8/18/2020

- Rocket League - Platted 10/20/2020

- Terraria - Platted 3/18/2021

- The Sims 4 - Platted 3/20/2021

- Fall Guys - Platted 5/18/2021

- Gal*Gun 2 - Platted 6/30/2021

and that's just some that I'm proud that I have (even tho P5D/P3D are kinda easy, I'm still proud to have em)

On 8/22/2021 at 7:02 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Combat stops a lot of people from getting the Arkham Asylum platinum. Didn't think it was that bad in all honesty. Arkham City was a lot worse because of the predator challenges. I'm not a big fan of stealth.

Yep, I persevered with the City combat challenges (on all characters) by replaying over and over until I got the hang of each heroes' combat style. Took several days (especially for Robin, with Nightwing/Batman being the easiest ofc), to get the combat challenges finished...then came predator challenge. Predator is definitely harder for me than combat, but I'm pushing through. 

7 hours ago, LuckySIime said:

This isn't just one Platinum but I would have to say my entire Megaten Stack Collection

PicsArt_06-09-09.23.46.jpg

Really impressive work, Congrats!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

So if they have 3 requirements, i can in theory do 1 at a time, and do the mission 3 times? :) 

In that case, im gonna do them!!

Yeah, at least im like level 37 or something in RDR1 online, and then it's all the SP. So not that long of a grind left online. 

RDR2 online is all done, so yeah. But small baby steps, one thing at a time.

Yeah 

Oh well that’s alright then.

Nice! Small steps are best, keeps you from burning out.

You’re welcome 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 5:19 AM, Feral said:

The Witcher III - Death March is no joke.

@baboon_overlord Don’t let online hold you back from that RDR2 plat. Online isn’t too bad and those trophies are easy as to knock out especially now with all the new content.

Thank you Feral, appreciate that. I think my biggest issue with MP is that I just don't have time. With MP, you make friends over time and there almost becomes an expectancy that you will be there to help other people advance. I played a lot of MP on my old account (playing on PS3 was fine, no issues with the Internet) but at the moment I really just want to play when I am able to. 

Also the Internet here is still useless, we were promised fibre optic at the start of the year and are still waiting. I'm kind of old school in that I try and be respectful to other people when playing online and I think having a teammate who is always getting killed because they are lagging so much is really unfair. I also spent so many hours getting the hunting trophies and 100% that I was really happy to call it a day. I felt I had gotten everything I personally wanted from the game and felt if I kept pushing I would start hating it. 

This will change in time though and if I can ever dedicate the required time I will revisit it for sure. 

On a side note, I have no idea why some people hate the combat in Witcher 3. I loved it. I also think it's generally very fair (with the exception of indoor fighting sections with no weapons and the idiotic

Spoiler

vampire boss).

You can really get to a very high ceiling in terms of skill. Even though I had the Plat and 100%, I did another playthrough last year and was loving the fact the muscle memory was still there, killing enemies a ridiculous number of levels above me on Death March as I basically did a speedrun. Great fun.  

• Like 1

I have two that are just too difficult to separate.

Stardew Valley

1L299258.png

101st Platinum, 1.68% rarity

August 9th, 2020

I earned it pre-iCloud update that made the trophy far easier(used to be <1%) It took several nights of me playing just 2-3 runs and feeling myself get slightly better each time. I made it to the boss without dying once and failed. A couple of nights later, everything came together and I got a sheriff badge on the level right before the final boss and finally conquered it. It's my 3rd favorite game of All-Time on the PS4 so to have finally climbed the mountaintop in it was a huge feat for me.

Unravel Two

1Lfb03a0.png

100th platinum, 1.61% rarity

August 6th, 2020

The Unravel series is so special to me because the original game is the first game I loved enough to want to platinum. So when the sequel came out, regardless of how rare it was I knew I had to try for it. My gold medal times for the speedruns are incredibly spread out, earned between Nov. 2018 and Aug. 2020. I would just come back now and then to try my luck and with time I beat the hardest level Hideaway (which has an agonizingly long cutscene you must sit through each attempt) and beat all the bonus levels in 45 minutes. 

Both games are just examples of ones that stuck around in my catalog for a number of years before besting them. That's what makes them special. 

• Like 1