Is the bugs gone

tristan12375

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid to tell you that some bugs aren't fix yet. I had to load a previous save data and lose over 6 hours of game play because of a bug and again yesterday I lose over 3 hours. An advice: Before starting any main mission, explore the area for the side missions and do them the moment you encounter them. The fight against the Daughter of Lerion, the alpha animals and the Lost Drenger I left them aside because is an encounter and I hope you can trigger them when you are ready, if not I'm screw again.

I have personally not run into any bugs, yet, so here's hoping it stays that way, I just cleared the 3rd region to 100% and am about 40hrs in, I have had a few crashes but didn't lose much progress, a few minutes here and there. Overall, I would say it's safe to play, I was in the same boat as you, worrying about whether to start it or not, but I figured I would give it a shot, and I am happy I did, having a blast with the game so far, and like I said, I haven't run into a single bug as of yet, not even minor ones. That being said, writing this I probably just jinxed myself lol.

I didn't experience any bug until I've been playing it for about 75 hours. On the region of Cent, there's one side quest call the "pig of prophecy" which if you look on other website the bug is not fix yet, so do it the minute you encounter it and don't leave it for later. Afterwards on the region of Essexe there's one call "The Banshee" that is bug too, this one in particular I don't have a clue why it bug because I was just completing the area before going for the main quest of that region. Now after completing the side quests of Essexe and Suthsexe I'm going for the side quests of Lincolnscire and keep going before following the main quest just in case.

Edited by Sarjenka

I've had a pretty good run and I'm 80+ hours in. Hamtun Blockade is the only one so far that I've had to go back and find save files to restore from and do it multiple times but otherwise, I've had a good run. There are some glitches but nothing that can't be sorted by closing and reopening the game. Worst thing I've had to deal with so far is the Ingeborg cairn in Eurvicscire. That is causing me to implode but that's not bug related. 

I've just had a bug where I didn't get the wealth when I killed an npc, the marker stays on the map and using Odin's Sight reveals the wealth to be stuck underground. I've had this happen a few time earlier and then loading an earlier save allowed me to kill the npc again and collect the wealth but now realoading didn't help, the npc didn't respawn and the wealth is still underground. Fast traveling or restarting the game didn't resolve the problem either. I REALLY hope there's some way to fix this as I'm 130+ hours into the game.

34 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

I've just had a bug where I didn't get the wealth when I killed an npc, the marker stays on the map and using Odin's Sight reveals the wealth to be stuck underground. I've had this happen a few time earlier and then loading an earlier save allowed me to kill the npc again and collect the wealth but now realoading didn't help, the npc didn't respawn and the wealth is still underground. Fast traveling or restarting the game didn't resolve the problem either. I REALLY hope there's some way to fix this as I'm 130+ hours into the game.

Try to change your gender and travel to your settlement to reload the map once.

Worked for me when a Goliath glitched.

I've bought the game for PS5 about a week ago. 20+ hours in and not encountered a single bug. And I'm not talking just about the quest-breaking stuff, not even a glitch. I have almost 3 locations completely cleared. Always going for collectibles first and finishing world events immediately when I get them. Also, there is a massive patch coming tomorrow.

Edited by BloodyRutz

9 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Try to change your gender and travel to your settlement to reload the map once.

Worked for me when a Goliath glitched.

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately it didn't work. Guess I'll have to think of something else to try or just wait for a patch and hope that fixes it.

EDIT: Ok, now I feel stupid. Turns out the wealth was never bugged, instead it WAS always underground and there was a secret entrance to get to it. The compass just showed it to be at exactly the same place as an npc and for some reason I assumed it was the npc that was supposed to drop the wealth. Luckily I decided to check Powerpyx's collectibles guide and realized I had to search for an entrance.

Edited by Janire1911

In reference to the above, the TU 1.1.1 patch notes can be read here:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/92617/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-title-update-1-1-1

Known Issues list is here:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-jan-14/

And finally here is the list of issues under investigation by support (not exhaustive/constantly being updated):

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/updated-18-01-reported-issue-megathreads-check-here-for-your-issue

Yep, that ^. I can now report I'm 115+ hours in and only have to finish Jotenheim now and the only platinum breaking bug I've encountered is in the Milk of Humankind World Event in Asgard. Everything else has not impacted on the ability to obtain the platinum trophy so as long as they patch that event (and nothing goes wrong in Jotenheim for me...), I'll be OK. Please DYOR when you get to that World Event to make sure you're not impacted if you read this.