DBrand Have Made PS5 Faceplates & Dares Sony To Sue Them!

GothGirlMaxine

[Discussion post with linked video]

DBrand, a company who makes phone skins and screen protectors etc has decided to make PS5 faceplates. There has been some controversy surrounding this and they've challenged Sony to sue them, even though other companies have tried and failed. Thoughts on this topic? 

Also, this very informational video has plenty of info on this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkke0RNRmfc 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 5:10 PM, Zid960 said:

Hope they make them. I want my black faceplate. I hate white. 

This is exactly me.  I don't want to paint or dip or anything.  I just want to pay some one for some decent quality replacements so my PS5 is less hideous.  

• Like 2

I personally kind of feel the opposite from most people here about white consoles. I am actually thinking of having my black consoles professionally cleaned and selling them to purchase new white ones to match the PS5, but I will admit that this is mostly a choice I made because I'm redesigning my entire room. I want my consoles on display and my trim in my room as well as my plantation shutters for the windows, decal for the ceiling, light switch plates, etcetera are all white. I found a modified N64 that was rebuilt from the ground up and modded to have a different color LED light that was done in glossy white and I love it. I was originally in the "black consoles only" camp, but my driftwood wall unit that I purchased for my systems and games was stained darker than expected, so now I want the white ones because you can't even see the black ones sitting on it when the lights are dim in the room at night.

• Like 2

I don't mind DBrand making faceplates for those who want them, but I'll pass. It's just not for me. The Xbox 360 and One consoles looked nice in white, and the new PS5's look is fine with me. And I'll admit I wasn't a fan of the PS5 controller's design at first, but I've come around. I actually think it doesn't look bad, and Sony will probably come out with different colors of DualSense later, including an all-black one.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

Let's face it the only reason why the other company folded out from Sony's pressure is they were a new company that couldn't afford to fight in court over something they might not win. Plus if I recall even though they claimed the faceplates were protected it wasn't necessarily proven they are anyways, it was just implied.

22 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Dbrand is good but I wish they had more to choose from overall. :/ DecalGirl has so many more options but I think Dbrand has a better quality. I’m not sure? I never used this before.

DecalGirl offers just that, decals. Basically glorified stickers. DBrand is selling an actual case, pieces of plastic. I question how well the decals actually look on the PS5 due to the curvature of the flaps.

21 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Let's face it the only reason why the other company folded out from Sony's pressure is they were a new company that couldn't afford to fight in court over something they might not win. Plus if I recall even though they claimed the faceplates were protected it wasn't necessarily proven they are anyways, it was just implied.

Well the other company had the PlayStation logo right on it which is a clear copyright infringement.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 2:43 AM, mcnichoj said:

DecalGirl offers just that, decals. Basically glorified stickers. DBrand is selling an actual case, pieces of plastic. I question how well the decals actually look on the PS5 due to the curvature of the flaps.

Well the other company had the PlayStation logo right on it which is a clear copyright infringement.

Never knew they had the logo on it. From what I know in the letter Sony sent them it was based on design aspects of the plate themselves they were trying to claim were patented as with the rest of the system