5-10 Skill or Luck?

I can get to World 5 on advanced without using a continue pretty comfortably now. The first time i got to 5-10 I burned through all 9 of my continues with left me pretty devastated lol. 

I've practiced 5-8 and 5-9 and I've kinda got them down. (Beat 5-9 seven times in a row one time) Unfortunately practice mode has not made a difference to 5-10 at all. 175+ attempts and I can't do it.

The first purple moving obstacle is the one part that's seriously troubling me and it doesn't help that you are on a strict timer with a pretty bad camera sometimes with is very difficult to change while on the conveyor belt. I can only find 3 videos of someone actually beating 5-10 and it just seems like total luck. 

I would love to get a response from anyone talking about their past experience with this stage. Thanks.

From what I remember, the conveyor belt at the end of 5-10 was the worst obstacle in the game for me, but that might also be because its the thing I practiced the least, due to it being at the end of the final level. But I ruined a couple of runs there. The start of 5-10 isn't particularly difficult though I don't think and its possible to become consistent at it. Unfortunately I couldn't explain howto do it more than would be obvious by watching any video of the level as its been some years since I played the game. 

• Like 1

I'd say there's definitely a little bit of luck involved.  It took me forever to finally get that one done and now I'm stuck on the 10 Expert levels without a Continue as the last thing I need for the plat.

You can practice the first two balance beams and getting to the lifts.  That definitely did help me a bit, but those moving barricades on the conveyor belt definitely require some luck in getting them to cooperate with your camera angles (at least for me they did).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

From what I remember, the conveyor belt at the end of 5-10 was the worst obstacle in the game for me, but that might also be because its the thing I practiced the least, due to it being at the end of the final level. But I ruined a couple of runs there. The start of 5-10 isn't particularly difficult though I don't think and its possible to become consistent at it. Unfortunately I couldn't explain howto do it more than would be obvious by watching any video of the level as its been some years since I played the game. 

Even when there's an opening to go through the slightest touch on the purple block sends you flying for no reason sometimes. I was awful at the start part but i can get past it about 90% of the time. Practice actually matters at that part lol. On my no continue run I wouldn't have enough attempts to try get past the conveyor belt because 4-7 eats up all my lives.

15 minutes ago, Misbik said:

I'd say there's definitely a little bit of luck involved.  It took me forever to finally get that one done and now I'm stuck on the 10 Expert levels without a Continue as the last thing I need for the plat.

You can practice the first two balance beams and getting to the lifts.  That definitely did help me a bit, but those moving barricades on the conveyor belt definitely require some luck in getting them to cooperate with your camera angles (at least for me they did).

Expert doesn't sound as bad because you have to sit through 48 levels to see you get your heart crushed by defeat. 6-10 looks really challenging though. Good luck on beating it.

• 2 years later...

Just reached 5-10 with 9 lives and lost every one of them because of that conveyor belt part at the end…

Tempted to put the game down as that hurts after going through almost every level perfectly. Tempted to throw my Vita out after all that hard work.

UPDATE 2 DAYS LATER: I BEAT IT!! And with only 7 lives to spare and to my shock I beat 5-10 on my first try that attempt because I had like 5 attempts where I got to 5-10 but that horrendous conveyor belt ate up all my lives after 49 levels of near perfection. It’s the worst hazard in the whole game IMO.

Probably the most horrible No Continues I’ve seen in the series Advanced Mode on Banana Splitz.

3 lives, 30 banana for lives and 50 levels a row is ridiculous. Surely Master won’t be as bad for a No Continues run because it’s 10 levels with only a few that are troublesome I find.

Edited by DuplexGemini