BioShock Infinite Burial at Sea - Episode One out November 12

Goro

2K and Irrational Games announced today that BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode One will be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on November 12. Previously, the downloadable content was expected sometime before the holidays.

"This is a love letter to the fans, but it's also the beginning of a story that will give gamers a new perspective on the BioShock universe," Irrational Games creative director Ken Levine said.

The DLC is set in the original BioShock's Rapture. It is described as narrative-driven and meant to tie the story of Elizabeth and Booker together.

According to 2K, the combat experience in Burial at Sea - Episode One has been retooled with a greater focus on stealth and resource management. A new weapon and an "old favorite" from the first BioShock are included with the DLC, which will also see the return of the weapon wheel.

A new Plasmid, Gear, and Tears are also up for grabs in the DLC.

Last week, Levine said that Burial at Sea - Episode One should take gamers around 3 hours to finish, though this duration could be longer or shorter depending on player behavior.

Burial at Sea - Episode One is included with the $20 BioShock Infinite season pass and can be purchased separately for $15.

Also included with the BioShock Infinite season pass is the Clash in the Clouds DLC, which was released this summer. Burial at Sea - Episode Two is still in development at Irrational Games, though no release date has been set. Gamers will play as Elizabeth in the DLC.

Source - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioshock-infinite-burial-at-sea-episode-one-out-november-12/1100-6415777/

Edited by Goro
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been waiting for this DLC since April, when I finished the main game for the first time. I didn't want a return to Rapture myself, but the trailer really won me over; I'm happy they brought Booker and Liz back and it'll be interesting to see the city as it was prior to the New Year's Eve riots. I know this is only supposed to be 2-3 hours long but I'm going to take my sweet time exploring every nook and cranny.