Kingpainx2

Thinking of Restarting Account

21 posts in this topic

So i have been thinking about starting over on a new account. The thing is though it is not because of low completion percentage but because i hate what my first platinum is. My first platinum was a visual novel game called hakouki. This kind of game is the last type of game i ever would play since i don't like visual novels i played it purely for the quick platinum. i didn't think much of it at first and kept on going playing games i liked and kept trophy hunting it was fun. Recently though its bothered me that my first platinum was a game i didn't like nor is my style going through my trophies history it bothered me that it was so much different than the rest of my platinums. Had it been any number other than my first i wouldn't have even thought about it or cared but for some reason it being my first set off my ocd that i didn't think would happen while playing games. to me starting over because i hated my first platinum is stupid but this compulsion is almost making me feel like i have to lol. sorry if this was kind of weird to read i don't really know why it bothers me all of a sudden to be honest.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly i dont really want to since besides the trophies i see my trophies as my gaming history and i think of all the fun times i have had with friends and in great games which is why i got into trophy hunting to begin with. i think it honestly is just regret that i didn't make my first one very memorable and that it wasnt from a favorite series of mine like say assassins creed is.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kingpainx2 said:

So i have been thinking about starting over on a new account. The thing is though it is not because of low completion percentage but because i hate what my first platinum is. My first platinum was a visual novel game called hakouki. This kind of game is the last type of game i ever would play since i don't like visual novels i played it purely for the quick platinum. i didn't think much of it at first and kept on going playing games i liked and kept trophy hunting it was fun. Recently though its bothered me that my first platinum was a game i didn't like nor is my style going through my trophies history it bothered me that it was so much different than the rest of my platinums. Had it been any number other than my first i wouldn't have even thought about it or cared but for some reason it being my first set off my ocd that i didn't think would happen while playing games. to me starting over because i hated my first platinum is stupid but this compulsion is almost making me feel like i have to lol. sorry if this was kind of weird to read i don't really know why it bothers me all of a sudden to be honest.

 

I would advice you not to do it. You have laid a great foundation already. Just abandoning your previous achievements and work just to get rid of something you aren't really feeling anymore isn't a good idea. Your profile tells a story, you should be proud of it. So what if the first one was easy? It's more important to you than you probably realize. It probably gave you a feeling that motivated you to get those other platinums. Your profile shows how you have grown as a hunter tbf. For me it just tells me that you are progressing away from those types of games and are finding your footing as a trophyhunter. I have games on my profile too that I not necessarily would have putted on my profile today, but they are there and are there to define me as a player:)

 

Whatever you do though is up to you! If it feels better for you to start over with a clean sheet you should just do it at the end of the day. Just know that there are others that appreciate profiles that says something about your gaming history and that you can proudly show off your mistakes or struggles aswell. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do whatever you need to do to keep having fun playing games and hunting trophies.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

 

I would advice you not to do it. You have laid a great foundation already. Just abandoning your previous achievements and work just to get rid of something you aren't really feeling anymore isn't a good idea. Your profile tells a story, you should be proud of it. So what if the first one was easy? It's more important to you than you probably realize. It probably gave you a feeling that motivated you to get those other platinums. Your profile shows how you have grown as a hunter tbf. For me it just tells me that you are progressing away from those types of games and are finding your footing as a trophyhunter. I have games on my profile too that I not necessarily would have putted on my profile today, but they are there and are there to define me as a player:)

 

Whatever you do though is up to you! If it feels better for you to start over with a clean sheet you should just do it at the end of the day. Just know that there are others that appreciate profiles that says something about your gaming history and that you can proudly show off your mistakes or struggles aswell. 

yeah this is why i dont really want to i also dont really remember the game at all since i just spedrun through to get the platinum lol. but i remember after getting that i got determined to get the platinum in other games i have played and that is what started the trophy hunting fun and like you said its my history that is what i like the most about it looking back at my trophies and thinking about my first experience with these games which is the best part of it in my opinion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kingpainx2 said:

Recently though its bothered me that my first platinum was a game i didn't like nor is my style going through my trophies history it bothered me that it was so much different than the rest of my platinums.

 

It's called adjustment, and that is a great thing, but it only has a meaning if it has a starting point, and the more it contrasts what came after, the better it looks. Your current progress is just as valid as a fresh start would be, there's no point in flipping the kill switch now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t start a new profile. You profile is like your gaming diary. I have plenty of games I don’t like having on my profile but I like to be able to look back and see what I played and when I did it. Plus you have to log onto your old account every time you want to play a game you own digitally on that account. 
 

I have over 400 games digitally and would never create a new account because of that alone.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just run two accounts, one thats 100% for your ocd and one just for fun

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to replace your first platinum? Earn a platinum on a Vita that hasn’t been connected to PSN. Then connect it to then internet and sync your profile. All your time stamps for that game will be Missing Timestamps and they should take place of your first trophy milestone and your first Platinum. It’ll offset all the rest of your milestones if you’re that worried about those though. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is hindsight and there "isn't anything you can do about it now"..... but this is why (among other reasons) I have never played a game just for trophies. Nobody should play games just for trophies.

Every game on my list, I would have played, even if trophies did not exist.

 

Anyway, since none of that was helpful lol.... let me write this: Don't start a new account just for the sake of collecting trophies. One reason being, what if 5 years from now you regret a game being on your trophy list on your new account? Also, all the trophies you've earned on your current account are games you played.....regardless of the reason you played them.

 

You played that hakouki game because of trophies (so it it a type of game you would play)...... Can you think of another game you may have played just because the story looked good? Or maybe the graphics looked good? Or maybe the gameplay was good? It's the same concept, just different reasons.

 

Something else I wanted to mention that I saw you write: " The thing is though it is not because of low completion percentage". Don't ever get caught up in completion percentage. It's a trap. Your completion % means nothing when trophy hunting. If you want a good trophy collection, focus more on Average RARITY. That's what really counts. I'd rather have an account with 50% completion and 35% Average Rarity, over an account with 100% completion but 50% Average Rarity.  Having a high completion percentage only means those people play super easy games, have a lot of time on their hands, and the extra money to spend.... there's nothing special about that and nobody should ever be proud of a high completion percentage (unless they have a low Average Rarity, of course lol).

 

But yeah, keep your account... stay the course. Your trophy list is who you are when it comes to gaming. Also, like someone else wrote in the thread.... even if you start a new account, that hakouki game is still going to be the first platinum you ever earned. There's no changing that.

 

Sorry for any typos, no time to proof read lol :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's just over that, I don't think you'd be overly satisfied by starting a new profile.  First off, you'd have to redo all the games you've already finished.  On top of that you'd be missing part of your own record of gaming.  From an outside perspective, it's pretty clear VNs aren't your thing even if you clearly have good taste in JRPGs.  If anything, I get the impression you gave it a shot and realized it wasn't your thing but at least finished it so it was clear you gave it a fair shot.  A first plat being an easy one isn't that terrible really because with the two years between first trophy and first plat it is clear that getting a plat may well have made you realize how satisfying it can be to finish up a game even if it's easy.  At least this is the impression I'm getting from looking at your profile.

 

Only thing I'm wondering about after looking at your profile is why you haven't touched the Ys series when you've played everything else by Falcom in English and all the KH games make it clear to me you like action RPGs, so this just baffles me.  Halfway kidding, but with all of the games I saw if you hadn't heard of the series I wanted to mention it because they'd be right up your alley from the looks of things.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would advise against starting over.  If you wanted to start anew because you were unhappy with your profile as a whole and didn't like the majority of games you were playing, then that would be one thing, but to scrap all your progress because of just one game really doesn't make sense.  Your profile should be an accurate reflection of your gaming history; it should show your failures as well as your successes, your highs and your lows.

 

My first plat was the much-maligned Terminator Salvation - looking back, I kind of wish it hadn't been, but I didn't really care enough about trophies back then to bother, and I've done far too much work on my account since then to ever consider starting over.

 

So, it is of course up to you, but chances are that you would regret throwing away all the progress you've made thus far.  If you dislike the VN genre so much, then just use this as a reminder to not play any more of them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingpainx2 said:

So i have been thinking about starting over on a new account. The thing is though it is not because of low completion percentage but because i hate what my first platinum is. My first platinum was a visual novel game called hakouki. This kind of game is the last type of game i ever would play since i don't like visual novels i played it purely for the quick platinum. i didn't think much of it at first and kept on going playing games i liked and kept trophy hunting it was fun. Recently though its bothered me that my first platinum was a game i didn't like nor is my style going through my trophies history it bothered me that it was so much different than the rest of my platinums. Had it been any number other than my first i wouldn't have even thought about it or cared but for some reason it being my first set off my ocd that i didn't think would happen while playing games. to me starting over because i hated my first platinum is stupid but this compulsion is almost making me feel like i have to lol. sorry if this was kind of weird to read i don't really know why it bothers me all of a sudden to be honest.

Really... 

I can understand if its cause you have a few games where the servers went offline and you can never 100% it. I would say stay on your current account and complete the games one by one. 

 

And your first Platinum. I would understand if it was Hannah Montana or My Name is Mayo 1 or 2. But its not.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 0:36 PM, Kingpainx2 said:

its bothered me that my first platinum was a game i didn't like

 

@DrBloodmoney is correct.  A new account won't change the fact that you detest your very first platinum.  It will just remind you that you didn't like your original account's first platinum, mislead others to think you have a different first platinum, and make your friends wonder what you wanted to hide. 

 

Won't simply hiding Hakuoki accomplish the same thing?

 

Edited by pogo_loco
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

If it's just over that, I don't think you'd be overly satisfied by starting a new profile.  First off, you'd have to redo all the games you've already finished.  On top of that you'd be missing part of your own record of gaming.  From an outside perspective, it's pretty clear VNs aren't your thing even if you clearly have good taste in JRPGs.  If anything, I get the impression you gave it a shot and realized it wasn't your thing but at least finished it so it was clear you gave it a fair shot.  A first plat being an easy one isn't that terrible really because with the two years between first trophy and first plat it is clear that getting a plat may well have made you realize how satisfying it can be to finish up a game even if it's easy.  At least this is the impression I'm getting from looking at your profile.

 

Only thing I'm wondering about after looking at your profile is why you haven't touched the Ys series when you've played everything else by Falcom in English and all the KH games make it clear to me you like action RPGs, so this just baffles me.  Halfway kidding, but with all of the games I saw if you hadn't heard of the series I wanted to mention it because they'd be right up your alley from the looks of things.

i actually do know about the ys series and played the demo for ys 8 i think i like the combat and was interested in the story i just have never gotten around to it. i do want to play it eventually especially since the trails of cold steel games are my second favorite jrpg (first being persona 5 love that game). as for hakouki i didnt really play it seriously and skipped through it for the platinum being a guy i wasnt into the romance in the game i just played for the quickest platinum i could find since my ps now subscription was ending and i wanted to get it before it ended. kh3 was the one i wanted in hindsight to be my first platinum (the original kingdom hearts was the first game i ever played so it was nostalgic for me lol).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 1:36 PM, Kingpainx2 said:

So i have been thinking about starting over on a new account. The thing is though it is not because of low completion percentage but because i hate what my first platinum is. My first platinum was a visual novel game called hakouki. This kind of game is the last type of game i ever would play since i don't like visual novels i played it purely for the quick platinum. i didn't think much of it at first and kept on going playing games i liked and kept trophy hunting it was fun. Recently though its bothered me that my first platinum was a game i didn't like nor is my style going through my trophies history it bothered me that it was so much different than the rest of my platinums. Had it been any number other than my first i wouldn't have even thought about it or cared but for some reason it being my first set off my ocd that i didn't think would happen while playing games. to me starting over because i hated my first platinum is stupid but this compulsion is almost making me feel like i have to lol. sorry if this was kind of weird to read i don't really know why it bothers me all of a sudden to be honest.

 

Ah. the pros and cons of trophy tracking. It's great because you see what you play and earn, but it's also a detriment as you can see what you play and earn. 🙂 I'm guilty of this as well as there have been periods when I was unsatisfied with my account, but I always found that this feeling goes away over time. Would suggest taking a breather and play games you really like for awhile and put trophy hunting on a shelf. Also, trophy hunting has been going on for some time now and I find most of the community has started to care less on their own or others profiles than when it first started. no you shouldn't either. I'd say just stick with it...you put too much work into it already.  

Edited by pathtoninja
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your feeling of dissatisfaction. Sometimes it happens to me, not necessarily here; I get annoyed with the aesthetic of certain pictures on my social media profiles, certain posts I've made in the past, small things that just bother me and make me want to delete it all, a cleansing of sorts. Well, I learned that deleting stuff you dislike doesn't solve the issue, because in a couple months you'll get annoyed by something else and will want to delete it all again. It becomes a cycle of creating new things/deleting them, and it's just a waste of time. 

 

When it comes to trophies, GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2 bored so much I couldn't even get past the first story mission on both, only played the online for a while because I enjoyed creating avatars of myself and messing around for a bit in the world. I have no intention whatsoever to finish them because they're just not my style, but I did play them at some point and they're on my account, they're part of my gaming history (or whatever), so I came to terms with it and moved on. Maybe one day I'll have the energy to give them another shot and even enjoy the experience, who knows. If I deleted my profile just because of these games, I'd lose all the progress I made in other games that I like and invested time on (and I don't even have many games on my account lol). In my opinion, it's just not worth it. 


I'd advise against starting over because there's a high chance that in a new one, eventually you'd play a game you hate and want to delete it all over again. But of course, it's up to you. Do whatever you think it's going to make you happy. 

Edited by flugurnarrr
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at your profile, I think it would be crazy to start a new profile just for that as you've got some pretty good plats that take a lot of time and hard work. Do you really want to throw all that away? 

I have similar games on my profile which I know I will never platinum, but I just look at it and see it as a fun memory. I think rather than focus on your percentage and what is missing, it might be better to focus on all the ones you do have. I mean, you've got the FFX plat which is a plat I could only dream off, so kudos to that! Also lots of other great RPGs in there too. You seem to have spent a lot of time getting all those plats and it would be a pity to restart it for the sake of Hakuouki being your first game. I played Hakuouki as well and hated the game, but at the end of the day you are going to come across a game you hate and want to delete. At least Hakuouki is very easy and can be skipped through. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.