Ostrava not in 1-2

Mastodon_Slayer

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Same thing happened to me. The only thing you need from him for the platinum is the Mausoleum key, which gets you the Eternal Warrior's Ring. That can easily be obtained by killing him when you encounter him in 1-1 in NG+ (it was the last ring for me -- got the other 29 in NG).

That knocks ur CT down though and makes it impossible to get PWCT without online!! 

I've hears it can glitch TC, on original anyway where sometimes he respawns back at 1-1.

And when you rescue him, EVERY time u refresh the world, ur spose to kill all the enemies again because he will be fighting them all again and a chance he may die. 

It's stupid I know. 

He either died for you back in 1-1 on a reload or glitched. 

To do what NathanielJohn said, but without affecting CT, you can NEVER speak to him in 1-1 which leaves him in that neutral state, then come bacl and kill him later with poison or something so doesnt affect ur CT OR rescue him in 1-1 later, then go straight to 1-4 where he should now be and get KEY from him there. 

You only actually need to rescue him in 1-1 to get him to appear in 1-4 and give u the key, u just miss out on his other loot!! 

your tendancies don't reset between playthroughs, so if your 2 BPs away from pwct u can just do it in ng+ the moment you start ng+ and your on way to killing phalanx, drop your world tendancy with 4 stones to pure black, kill miranda with thief's ring equipped, bait her run away backstab etc, you can jog right up behiind her no worries. and then do scirvir after you kill dragon god, make sure you hit him immediately to prevent his heal then force him to exhaust his mana, block and strike he is annoying though.

if you still need 1 more after doing those 2 i recommend you do selen in 5-2 purely because the poison is no real issue and she runs in different directions, just wait for her to advance and 2h your sword, dragon long sword is good as the burning effect staggers them further. the asshole in 4-1 isn't worth the headache. idk about rydell I murdered him after setting him free without realising. just make sure you don't kill them with a crescent falchion, because it poisons.

when you free ostrava he wanders into groups of enemies over and over, if he isn't  behind the gate under the towers in 1-2 then he must have died.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

57 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

your tendancies don't reset between playthroughs, so if your 2 BPs away from pwct u can just do it in ng+ the moment you start ng+ and your on way to killing phalanx, drop your world tendancy with 4 stones to pure black, kill miranda with thief's ring equipped, bait her run away backstab etc, you can jog right up behiind her no worries. and then do scirvir after you kill dragon god, make sure you hit him immediately to prevent his heal then force him to exhaust his mana, block and strike he is annoying though.

if you still need 1 more after doing those 2 i recommend you do selen in 5-2 purely because the poison is no real issue and she runs in different directions, just wait for her to advance and 2h your sword, dragon long sword is good as the burning effect staggers them further. the asshole in 4-1 isn't worth the headache. idk about rydell I murdered him after setting him free without realising. just make sure you don't kill them with a crescent falchion, because it poisons.

when you free ostrava he wanders into groups of enemies over and over, if he isn't  behind the gate under the towers in 1-2 then he must have died.

Or this ^

Ideally u have done it all right 1st play, so you can go into NG+ with PW everything including CT and keep it that way making NG+ much easier, I know it doesnt always work out this way though, as seen here ;(

Edited by Optinooby

4 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

I helped Ostrava in 1-1 and when i returned to nexus i dont see him. After that i started 1-2 and Ostrava wasnt there. Can anyone tell me how so solve that? I need him for Platinum, right?

That happened to me in NG+ and I just went back to 1-1 and talked to him a few times to (I guess) exhaust his dialog.  After that, he showed up in 1-2.

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

To do what NathanielJohn said, but without affecting CT, you can NEVER speak to him in 1-1 which leaves him in that neutral state, then come bacl and kill him later with poison or something so doesnt affect ur CT OR rescue him in 1-1 later, then go straight to 1-4 where he should now be and get KEY from him there. 

I’m not sure why you’re making this seem complicated. You do what I said in NG+ after you already have the ally ring. CT doesn’t matter. I did exactly this and did no online stuff except for the 2 quick online trophies and never had any troubles with character tendency.

Are you suggesting that letting Ostrava die on his own in NG lowers your character tendency? It doesn’t.

Edited by NathanielJohn

38 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I’m not sure why you’re making this seem complicated. You do what I said in NG+ after you already have the ally ring. CT doesn’t matter. I did exactly this and did no online stuff except for the 2 quick online trophies and never had any troubles with character tendency.

Are you suggesting that letting Ostrava die on his own in NG lowers your character tendency? It doesn’t.

It just different preference friend, low CT makes the game harder and could also impact CT weapons if somebody is using one, I just prefer to recommend the easiest options is all ;)

Oh no think u misunderstood me, u mentioned killing him urself has no negative effects and I was just mentioning that killing him lowers ur CT. 

Besides, I guess 1 on 1st pass could just headbutt him into the fire repeatedly in NG 1-1 for a nice easy kill without affecting CT as it will be a terrain kill, saves all that hassle of talking/rescuing/protecting ;)

just like to add. for character tendancy. ONLY use a physical weapon  like winged spear +10 or a dagger. even the fire effect from a dragon weapon is enough to steal the actual character tendancy away from you.

rydel in 3-1 is easy, use thief ring, run up to him so he chases you and run back the way u came, walk and pause briefly, then sprint as he chases you, by the time you get to the last cell before the exit he should turn around, sprint up behind backstab and repeat, he's very easy.

miralda in 1-1 is easy too just don't let her hit you. again same tactic as above.

scirvir is easy too, same tactic as above just make sure you land a hit on him straight away to prevent his heal.

sutsuki 4-1 is an absolute prick. persist if you want but honestly waiting till ng+ is easier so u can do the others instead.

selen in the swamp 5-2 is not hard at all use a spear and don't let her hit you or your shield, it hurts.

15 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Selen Vinland has a weapon that ignores shields, so better to two-hand your weapon or play with weapon-catalyst.

I killed all BP with magic and had zero problems with tendency.

11 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

just like to add. for character tendancy. ONLY use a physical weapon  like winged spear +10 or a dagger. even the fire effect from a dragon weapon is enough to steal the actual character tendancy away from you.

rydel in 3-1 is easy, use thief ring, run up to him so he chases you and run back the way u came, walk and pause briefly, then sprint as he chases you, by the time you get to the last cell before the exit he should turn around, sprint up behind backstab and repeat, he's very easy.

miralda in 1-1 is easy too just don't let her hit you. again same tactic as above.

scirvir is easy too, same tactic as above just make sure you land a hit on him straight away to prevent his heal.

sutsuki 4-1 is an absolute prick. persist if you want but honestly waiting till ng+ is easier so u can do the others instead.

selen in the swamp 5-2 is not hard at all use a spear and don't let her hit you or your shield, it hurts.

You have to use Magic dont you to be sure, or a weapon with no status effects!! 

I used Crescent Falchion to Kill Rydell and didn't realise he was bleeding until I was about to kill him. 

I've killed 2 BPs altogether with no visual change on the CT so im thinking my Rydell one didn't count! Not a big deal as its only a test playthrough, but annoying nonetheless for testing purposes. 

Anyone remember if u should see a visual change after 2 BP kills on ur CT marker?? 

I kill the BPs with soul remains, honestly makes them so easy, as they attack the soup remain, especially when ur rocking a <30% hp build, I killed Flamelurker in 2 hits xD

Ostrava in 1-1, u just headbutt him into bonfire, doesnt affect CT and u get the key. I tested bleeding, bonfire, there dont affect CT if killed that way, but melee, magic and firebombs do. I thought firebombs may not so wanted to give it a try ;)

Edited by Optinooby

I always followed him as he fought the weakling on his slow trek after the initial dialogue. He eventually says I'm done here or something like that then ran to kill the first boss. I didn't stay with him on the ps3 and lost him bc of this. Maybe he died or what, idk, but I just followed him after and haven't had an issue doing it that way.