PlayStation Now not working

Pottercito_

14 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

I can not stream. I paid 3 months today. I have tried but it keeps saying error. I have 30mps it is a good internet. I am dissapointted. I feel I have lost my money. Im in Colombia but I have a US account. Can someone help me? Thank you

What did Playstation support say?

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

What did Playstation support say?

That I have 14 days if I want to change thus service. But it is unfair!!

Can someone confirm if changing DNS like here says: https://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/guide-best-fastest-dns-servers-ps4 works?

Is it legal? No ban?

I really need help 

It is legal, FBI won't show up if you change your DNS, but it won't boost your connection, if that's what you want. All a DNS does is translate a URL into an IP address, it can speed up that initial connection but your data speeds will be the same. 

What is the error message on ps now? 

Just now, Phantochi said:

It is legal, FBI won't show up if you change your DNS, but it won't boost your connection, if that's what you want. All a DNS does is translate a URL into an IP address, it can speed up that initial connection but your data speeds will be the same. 

What is the error message on ps now? 

The error says: Unfortanently, your delay connection might make PlayStation Now unusable in your area. Yo can use a Lan cable and tey again.

I am using a LAN cable! 

This feels so bad I wanted to play Sonics in streaming

Seems your internet connection is simply to slow 30mbps is really slow when it comes to streaming, i tried PSNow at a friend who has his internet limited by a router to 25/25 and he could not play at all. I struggle with some games andi have 100/100. Red Dead lags like a mf. Only some games are playable while streaming and since you can't download PS3 games you are forced to stream them. If you use PSNow for PS4 games always download.

Try and get a refund if possible or stick to their PS4 games.

6 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Seems your internet connection is simply to slow 30mbps is really slow when it comes to streaming, i tried PSNow at a friend who has his internet limited by a router to 25/25 and he could not play at all. I struggle with some games andi have 100/100. Red Dead lags like a mf. Only some games are playable while streaming and since you can't download PS3 games you are forced to stream them. If you use PSNow for PS4 games always download.

Try and get a refund if possible or stick to their PS4 games.

30mb is more than enough, requirement is only 5mb. My friend has only 20mb download and 8up, works great for him. PS Now streaming is just weird, it's 50/50 whether it will work, i have 350 download 22 upload and steaming is absolutely terrible, even when my PS is the only thing connected at Nat 1! Never streamed good in the 4yrs I've had it. 

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

30mb is more than enough, requirement is only 5mb. My friend has only 20mb download and 8up, works great for him. PS Now streaming is just weird, it's 50/50 whether it will work, i have 350 download 22 upload and steaming is absolutely terrible, even when my PS is the only thing connected at Nat 1! Never streamed good in the 4yrs I've had it. 

So you say that it is all about luck?

What if I change DNS in order to be more "near" to the US servers? Im in Colombia and PS Now is in USA.

6 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

What if I change DNS in order to be more "near" to the US servers? Im in Colombia and PS Now is in USA.

It probably won't make a difference, you will be streaming from the closest server to you, you aren't streaming from US. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

DNS has no effect on ping. 

Maybe streaming is not available in your country, i'm pretty sure it's only available for a few countries in europe, Usa, Canada and Japan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phantochi said:

DNS has no effect on ping. 

Maybe streaming is not available in your country, i'm pretty sure it's only available for a few countries in europe, Usa, Canada and Japan

People in my country can stream, it is hard but some people say they can.

Bandwidth and latency are two different things that may prevent you from streaming correctly.

afaik, there is no PS Now servers in south America. It might work for some users in your country, most likely connected to US servers, but it will depend on the location in the country, and which ISP is used (some may be better connected to America's network than others...)

switching DNS may work, as you could be connected to other servers. Chances are slim, but it's worth a try (there is no risk at all)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RustyZero said:

Bandwidth and latency are two different things that may prevent you from streaming correctly.

afaik, there is no PS Now servers in south America. It might work for some users in your country, most likely connected to US servers, but it will depend on the location in the country, and which ISP is used (some may be better connected to America's network than others...)

switching DNS may work, as you could be connected to other servers. Chances are slim, but it's worth a try (there is no risk at all)

Thank you. I heard that PS Noe is coming to Mexico, Brasil and Argentina in this first three months

Is it real? Then this can help me because Colombia is near to Brazil.