Concern about platinum timing and milestones

Hunter777Merritt

This has been bothering me lately and I’m wondering if it gets on anyone else’s nerves.

When I get done grinding a really long platinum such as a triple A, I feel the need to stop playing right before I get the platinum and start a much easier game if I’m at 1 platinum before a milestone. 

For example, I’m almost done with sleeping dogs but I kinda want it to be my 35th platinum and not the 34th. Just ranting lol but does anyone else do this? And no, I’m not going to go buy some $3.00 game just to fill in the 34th plat

• Like 3

I've done this for my last 8 milestones. Most recently 2 days ago because I wanted this 43S033ab1.png  from Astro's Playroom as my 4,500th trophy, because it has a picture of the OG PlayStation (my first home console) on it. I see the milestones all the time when I look at my profile so it's nice to have some memorable trophy icons there to look at.

• Like 3

A lot of us seem to do it. After 100 hours on AC Odyssey, I made sure the Platinum was my 6,000th trophy since I was so close to the milestone anyways.

Now I’m thinking my 75th Platinum will be The Evil Within Japanese import (Psycho Break). The Platinum for the NA version of it was my 4,000th trophy. 

I really don’t like random trophies being milestones. 

Edited by I-Reaped-U
  • Like 2

It always depends in my case what game it is and how the artwork looks.

But as well of how proud I am getting that specific trophy as any kind of Milestone.

For example: I already know that Tekken 7 is going to be my 100th platinum.

And I already know that EDF IA is going to be my 6000th Trophy.

• Like 1