Character Tendency Bugged???

mr-jacobsen

Hi All,

on my second playthrough. Didn't manage to get PWCT in my first playthrough by killing the 5 black phantoms, maybe because I accidentally used a Poison knife against Rydell. I thought Character Tendency carried over in NG+, but now it seems that my tendency in back to neutral. Just killed the black phantom in 2-1, and I would expect to have PWCT by now but I haven't. Used stone of Ephemeral Eyes to turn World Tendency black in Stonefang Tunnel, but that shouldn't be a problem, I hope?

Is this a bug or is there something that I am not aware of? I am playing offline most of the time, but did help a few people online with the Flamelurker. Couldn't find any to summon myself, so I had to admit I used Poison on him. Not sure if that's a problem.

Any feedback is welcome - and due to not really trusting the game on this one any more, I would appreciate any help getting my PWCT. None of my friends are on PS5, so I would need support from the souls community. German based (Server: Frankfurt, but that can of couse be changed). 

Best regards & a happy new year to you all

Edited by mr-jacobsen
Context was added

Hey man, in the OG version this was not the case. When you beat the game and go into NG+ it carried it all your "sins" and tendencies over to your subsequent play-throughs

@MMDE would know for sure, well maybe not 100% for sure with the remake at least

I don't know about the remake version myself. I would assume its the same as the OG version.. but I don't own the game or the ps5 say cannot say for certain..

sorry I couldn't help

Keep in mind that "Killing any NPC (deal the final blow) with Soulsucker, Poison Cloud, Death Cloud, or other environmental kills (death by falling, bonfire, poison or plague) will not trigger a change in Character Tendency."

Also, i suggest you read this http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-tendency

Edited by Lyukaa
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the character tendency state from first playthrough was taken over. I checked that right in the beginning of the second playthrough. I almost had PWCT at the start of the playthrough. So that seems to work as expected. I didn't pay any attention to the character tendency until after killing Scirvir the Wandere, realising it was closer to neutral, that in the start. So something seems to have reset it and the only thing I can think of is using Poison on the Flamelurker or switching between on- and offline. 

Only killed bosses - no NPCs apart black phantoms. Still something changed my character tendency towards black - or it is a bug. I really start to hate some of the mechanics in the game.

I have read the Wikis 

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-tendency

https://demonssouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Character+Tendency

and everything else I could find. Nothing I found explains the change on my character, why I am so frustrated. 

Edited by mr-jacobsen
Context was added