Why have so few people finished the game?

IantoEvs

Well even before it was free on PS+ it's always the same for any game, trophy completion fizzles out by the end. Especially if it's long. Most people probably didn't care about the trophies when the game launched, I know I didn't. There's a trophy you get in DBZ Kakarot in the first couple minutes and it's 98%. GTA San Andreas has a trophy after the first mission and it's only at 79% (56 by PSN stats). Last time I checked Fallout 76, only 75% of people got the trophy for leaving the vault and you do that pretty early on. Some people just turn on a game for whatever reason and then leave it on their list without doing anything to it. It all adds up. Like me with Killzone Shadow Fall. I'll play it again someday but I'm a statistic of a person that played a few missions and then stopped. It's what I always think of.

Years ago, I tested FF Type 0 and Far Cry 4 as I bought from a second hand shop and wanted to make them work and I still haven't played them yet. Removed them from my trophy list until I do. Hell, another website said I still had a WWE game I bought for my sister in my trophy log but I deleted that years ago because it didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

My reason is lame. 

I HATE the blue sphere mini game. After I did it to 100% Sonic 3 & Knuckles I decided I NEVER wanted to go through that bullshit again.  

I know people say the Sonic 2 special stages were "hard" but they are short and easily memorized with only 7 required. 

Blue Sphere required me to download level maps and plan optimal routes for the spheres. Not interested in doing that again even if id love to 100% Mania. 

I've completed the base game but I'm missing Blue Sphere and one random one for 100% trophies. 

Maybe after I finish Crash Bandicoot 2 and Sly Cooper ill try it...maybe...

Edited by GodKaio-Ken

26 minutes ago, GodKaio-Ken said:

My reason is lame. 

I HATE the blue sphere mini game. After I did it to 100% Sonic 3 & Knuckles I decided I NEVER wanted to go through that bullshit again. 

Nothing lame about that! Some of the stages are a real test of timing and/or your brain, and the fact that they cycle through all your incomplete levels makes it a real ballache to get in practice on any one grid

• Like 1

I was one of those that got it for PS+. Played the first couple stages and wasn’t really fascinated by it however I was determined to 100% the game. The only challenge was getting the minigames trophies. I just couldn’t get my head around which paths to take and how to complete a level fully. So instead I followed a video guide right to the very end and finally managed to 100% the game. After that I told myself never another Sonic game again! But then I bought Team Sonic Racing ?

• 6 months later...

Because without a guide, the actual trophy objectives can be confusing and downright cryptic. Some of em are very specific and have little nuances that affect your ability to get them, like professional hedgehog. Most people who aren't hardcore sonic fans or trophy collectors simply don't bother.

I'm both, so I did.

• 4 weeks later...