January 2021's PS Plus games

LastMinuteSavior

3 hours ago, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

I looked it up now on both PSDeals and the real PS Store Website and could not find just Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Only Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is available (on US and At at least)

and did Sony ever put delisted games on their PS Plus line up?

So just do it, Buddy. 

The worst thing that could happen is that the guy says no.

In the end you will be the one who is being pissed about it not having it done, right?

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Yeah I noticed this, but I wouldn’t put anything past Sony. They usually capitalize on their free PS+ offerings with DLC/season pass sales and dumb shits like me usually take advantage (like the juicy deal on Just Cause 4 DLC this month?), so I wouldn’t be totally shocked if they added some vanilla version of SotTR to the store just for this. I was reading a discussion about this on Reddit this morning and some dude was claiming it’s been done before lol.

I’m probably just going to go for it regardless. The season pass is on sale right now for like $6 or something, so that could still save me around $15 to inject back into the holiday sale before it ends. I spent $200 in the store yesterday so hopefully they will be a nice corporation and have mercy on my soul.

2 hours ago, RandyXL said:

I definately didnt buy hadow of tomb raider last night for $20 
ffs 
welp you live and you learn

Good lineup, though I already have the two PS4 games. First time that's happened to me in a long time, possibly ever. I don't have a PS5 yet either so I'll add Maneater for my new but short list of PS5 PS+ backlog games.

It sure seems like Tomb Raider games and games from Spiders end up on PS+, or am I imaging things?

29 minutes ago, darkrequiem7 said:

It sure seems like Tomb Raider games and games from Spiders end up on PS+, or am I imaging things?

Yup. Square Enix has been a big PlayStation partner, with half of their iP's such as Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Deus Ex, Life is Strange and Final Fantasy joining PS Plus and PS Now.

I'm hoping Nier Automata and FF7 Remake pop up on PS Now sometime next year too.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

pretty good start to the new year imo, i think most people will find something they enjoy out of that listing. Having already played Shadow of the tomb raider (and the previous ones) id have to say it was my favorite so far as it seems to focus moreso on exploration, puzzles, tombs, etc, than shoot outs, ton of dlc though. Greedfall seemed to have potential but fell just shy of being something great as per a bunch of reviewers on youtube. Mind you i'll still pick it up now since its free but i dont think i would have paid for it. it does have a dragon age style about it but it seems to be a lot more limited in the variety of character builds.  last of all maneater, will be added to the ps5 plus collection that i cannot play.

Almost bought Greedfall this year, but luckly I got second thoughts. Honestly, this lineup is pretty great, I would never thought these somewhat recent games would be free. Shadow of TR is a pretty fun platinum, had a blast playing it.

Hope I can claim Maneater through web browser, don't own a PS5 yet.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is definitely a good get, too bad I just bought the complete physical edition over the holidays, but it was only $12 so no biggie.  If the Plus version includes the DLC (I too wonder if it will), then I could always eBay my physical copy (still in new condition).  I still haven’t played the first two Tomb Raiders which I own digitally.  Yes, the backlog wins again but I definitely want to play these games.  Never enough time.

Greedfall is a game I was not aware of, maybe too fantasy-like for my tastes.  I will look into it a little more but it is very likely to go to the bottom of my ever-growing backlog never to be touched.

Maneater for PS5.  I am definitely glad we are already getting PS5 games even though I haven’t gotten my hands on my console yet.  I platted this game on PS4 (via rental) so I will now have access to the PS5 version but honestly, I am not sure this game warrants a second playthrough.  It was fine for what it was but too many other games out there to experience.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

So has anyone confirmed If we got the version with all DLC for SOTR?

DLC is hardly ever included - can't really think of any game, which had. None of the titles I played had them, I always had to buy it.

The Season Pass is on Sale for 6 bucks (instead of 20) right now. Might be worth grabbing; not sure, if it will stay in the Sale-Lineup after the game is available in the +Offer.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:36 AM, Jake-TheGreat97 said:

Kind of surprised that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on here because it's currently on sale right now through most of January. 

Since the moment they allowed people to purchase any game( igc titles included), I'm not surprised at all that games announced as ps+ are also included in a sale.

Great lineup to start 2021.

11 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

DLC is hardly ever included - can't really think of any game, which had. None of the titles I played had them, I always had to buy it.

The Season Pass is on Sale for 6 bucks (instead of 20) right now. Might be worth grabbing; not sure, if it will stay in the Sale-Lineup after the game is available in the +Offer.

Rise of the Tomb Raider included all DLC and there is no longer a store listing for the base game without the DLC included for Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

They would have to add a new listing (or really bring back the previous one) to offer Shadow of the Tomb without the DLC.  It’s possible as I think Call of Duty World War 2 went this route but since it is Tomb Raider, good chance they include it.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:38 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

Scummy as shit to put Tomb Raider on sale just before it goes on Plus the following month..

They often do this, or variations of this. For instance, Greedfall was on PS Now for months before it went on PS+. Since I own both PS Now and bought Tomb Raider a year or so ago and never played it, this month's lineup is kinda bad for me. Was waiting on a sale for Maneater though, so that's a good one, at least.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

On 12/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

Scummy as shit to put Tomb Raider on sale just before it goes on Plus the following month..

This is standard and really nothing wrong with the practice.  As a buyer, you should realize that any game may go on PSPlus in the future and if it were to bother your that were to happen, then don’t buy it.

This is no different than complaining about buying it at full (or a higher price) just a little before it goes on sale.  It happens.  

People complain that games go to PS Plus after being on sale.  They would complain more if they had just bought it for an even higher price and it went to PS Plus.  Smh...

8 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider included all DLC and there is no longer a store listing for the base game without the DLC included for Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

They would have to add a new listing (or really bring back the previous one) to offer Shadow of the Tomb without the DLC.  It’s possible as I think Call of Duty World War 2 went this route but since it is Tomb Raider, good chance they include it.

Rise came to PS consoles later (timed Microsoft exclusive) and inculded all DLC from the very start, no matter if Disc or Digital. So, also the + version had them; because they could simply not be bought on their own.

Shadow had a "classic" Season Pass system on PS4, because it launched on all platforms simultaneously.

I still doubt that Shadow will come to + with all DLC, but I am happy to be proven wrong and have more content for everyone available :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Now, that is weird, even the store having just 1 version of the game (Definitive edition) ALSO shows dlc pieces to purchase(including the 7 regular dlc), for what I recall Definitive edition have everything already.

3 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Now, that is weird, even the store having just 1 version of the game (Definitive edition) ALSO shows dlc pieces to purchase(including the 7 regular dlc), for what I recall Definitive edition have everything already.

Well they have to have the DLC option separately for those who bought the base game, either physical or digital at some point.