Connect Game Versions of a Different Region to the Game Guides to highlight trophies

Hello,

I think that this issue is probably a really rare occurrence that only affects a few games.

In my case I have this problem with the 3 Wolfenstein Guides on PS4.

Normally when you are logged in and you open a Guide, then you will see your unlocked trophies highlighted Green.

In my case I'm owning the German Versions of the Wolfenstein Games and these seem to be incompatible with the Guides on this Site and treated as a different game, meaning even though I have Trophies unlocked none of them are hightlighted Green in the Guides.

To be fair I don't know or understand how the guides are connected to the Trophies on your Account or the API.

But if possible it would be nice to see Guides support and being compatible to all Game Versions from all Regions to see your completed trophies in the guides as well.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Edited by Dark-Doomblade

52 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

This has been suggested in many different forms, but it's a big challenge to make it happen:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/38566-link-guides-across-console-generations/

There's a solution for that. Delete multiple guides and if there are slight differences in a trophy or two, make the writers mention that under a guide.

1 hour ago, Dark-Doomblade said:

Hello,

I think that this issue is probably a really rare occurrence that only affects a few games.

In my case I have this problem with the 3 Wolfenstein Guides on PS4.

Normally when you are logged in and you open a Guide, then you will see your unlocked trophies highlighted Green.

In my case I'm owning the German Versions of the Wolfenstein Games and these seem to be incompatible with the Guides on this Site and treated as a different game, meaning even though I have Trophies unlocked none of them are hightlighted Green in the Guides.

To be fair I don't know or understand how the guides are connected to the Trophies on your Account or the API.

But if possible it would be nice to see Guides support and being compatible to all Game Versions from all Regions to see your completed trophies in the guides as well.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Please refer to the quoted topic from above. In a layman's term, it is not a simple fix, at least, not in the way that things are coded and has complications with other site features that are also affected by region linking. However, @HusKy I think has, or may have planned, trophy tracking through all linked regions a guide may belong to in the extension that was developed by him. I recommend, if you are interested in the extension, to look at this thread.

7 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

There's a solution for that. Delete multiple guides and if there are slight differences in a trophy or two, make the writers mention that under a guide.

That's not a solution to the problem. As mentioned, by Daivy in the topic he quoted, the solution is something that Sly has been aware of and has on his ever mysterious to-do list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreggit said:

However, @HusKy I think has, or may have planned, trophy tracking through all linked regions a guide may belong to in the extension that was developed by him. I recommend, if you are interested in the extension, to look at this thread.

Yes indeed. PSNP+ provides this feature for guides and will try to match up your progress. It's not perfect but works most of the time. :)

• Like 2

I apologize if that has already been posted before but my issue was not about different Generations like a PS4 game not working with a PS3 Guide as mentioned in the Forum post you linked.

My Issue is a German PS4 Game not working with a PS4 Guide on the Page

Edit: I wasn't aware of the PSNP+ and will take a look at it, thanks

Edited by Dark-Doomblade

25 minutes ago, Dark-Doomblade said:

I apologize if that has already been posted before but my issue was not about different Generations like a PS4 game not working with a PS3 Guide as mentioned in the Forum post you linked.

My Issue is a German PS4 Game not working with a PS4 Guide on the Page

Edit: I wasn't aware of the PSNP+ and will take a look at it, thanks

It is the same problem all the same. Germany had a specifically unique release. Because the guides are made from the global worldwide release, it would not show that tracking interaction. I go more into detail in regards to linked games and guides here:

Very specifically, only the version of the game the guide was made for will have tracking and rating, so alternate versions of the game that are linked would not have this. To visualize, below is an image of the three Wolfenstein games. Only the specific highlighted list will have the tracking you are speaking of.

mD5C7rC.png

I've always found it strange that guides were not linked to every version of the game they are intended for. Seeing the trophies you earned show up as green in the guide is one of the best parts of this website.

For instance, I'm playing the PS4 version of Dark Souls 2, but they link the PS3 trophy guide. While it's been updated for the PS4 versions (since DLC spells are necessary) and is very well written, why couldn't they make a copy of the guide and link it to the PS4 version for tracking purposes?

I'm assuming this is to avoid clutter, but it would be a big improvement to the guide system overall.

1 hour ago, Dreggit said:

Very specifically, only the version of the game the guide was made for will have tracking and rating, so alternate versions of the game that are linked would not have this. To visualize, below is an image of the three Wolfenstein games. Only the specific highlighted list will have the tracking you are speaking of.

Just out of Interest since you have much more knowledge about this topic , is the problem that current guides only allow to link to 1 game?

27 minutes ago, Dark-Doomblade said:

Just out of Interest since you have much more knowledge about this topic , is the problem that current guides only allow to link to 1 game?

It is an issue in how the source code for the site is coded, and therefore, only the owner can fix the issue.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I've always found it strange that guides were not linked to every version of the game they are intended for. Seeing the trophies you earned show up as green in the guide is one of the best parts of this website.

For instance, I'm playing the PS4 version of Dark Souls 2, but they link the PS3 trophy guide. While it's been updated for the PS4 versions (since DLC spells are necessary) and is very well written, why couldn't they make a copy of the guide and link it to the PS4 version for tracking purposes?

I'm assuming this is to avoid clutter, but it would be a big improvement to the guide system overall.

We do not allow porting of guides because Sly has stated he will eventually fix this particular issue, but also because it would dilute the guide system to a degree akin to a regard that one might have to regional stacking games. Consider if we had continued to allow this, we have 2400+ guides on the site, to port those guides to every release/version of a game could very well triple that number for the sake of a small group of people. It would be so diluted that the New Guides list would never showcase new authors because of porting. Additionally, you would then invite further complications when it comes to how the site displays some specific sets of information. Really, to understand the issue, you need to think back to when the site was made and what was typically available at the time in terms of trophy lists and the frequency of rereleases/regional stacks. Back when the guide feature was developed, it really wasn't on anyone's mind at the time that a single game might have 14 stacks of the same game. It seems like an obvious thing now, but back then I assure you it certainly wasn't. We know that it is on Sly's to-do list, but not what priority it sits at within that list. There are some features of the site that have been in beta for awhile now that I'm sure even more people would like to see than this particular issue.

Has there been time for Sly to implement this improvement to a feature that many have wanted? Yes, there definitely has been. But as it stands, it is firm that we will not allow porting because of the above explanation of dilution.

I went into detail as to how game linking affects guides previously in other places on the site, but most recently I have done so here.

• Like 2

I

20 hours ago, Dreggit said:

It is an issue in how the source code for the site is coded, and therefore, only the owner can fix the issue.

We do not allow porting of guides because Sly has stated he will eventually fix this particular issue, but also because it would dilute the guide system to a degree akin to a regard that one might have to regional stacking games. Consider if we had continued to allow this, we have 2400+ guides on the site, to port those guides to every release/version of a game could very well triple that number for the sake of a small group of people. It would be so diluted that the New Guides list would never showcase new authors because of porting. Additionally, you would then invite further complications when it comes to how the site displays some specific sets of information. Really, to understand the issue, you need to think back to when the site was made and what was typically available at the time in terms of trophy lists and the frequency of rereleases/regional stacks. Back when the guide feature was developed, it really wasn't on anyone's mind at the time that a single game might have 14 stacks of the same game. It seems like an obvious thing now, but back then I assure you it certainly wasn't. We know that it is on Sly's to-do list, but not what priority it sits at within that list. There are some features of the site that have been in beta for awhile now that I'm sure even more people would like to see than this particular issue.

Has there been time for Sly to implement this improvement to a feature that many have wanted? Yes, there definitely has been. But as it stands, it is firm that we will not allow porting because of the above explanation of dilution.

I went into detail as to how game linking affects guides previously in other places on the site, but most recently I have done so here.

The issue is: it is not being fixed yet and there is a clear demand considering how many times this issue comes up. You are telling people to wait for an unknown point in the future while you could easily solve the issue.

3 hours ago, JoniP said:

I

The issue is: it is not being fixed yet and there is a clear demand considering how many times this issue comes up. You are telling people to wait for an unknown point in the future while you could easily solve the issue.

No, it is not something we can resolve. Should you like to, being that you think it easy to, you may want to create your own site and guide system yourself. It has been explained numerous times that it is something that Sly has said he was looking into and is specifically only something that Sly can fix by updating the guide system feature of things that the community and the staff want. Do not hound the team for what is out of their control.

• Like 1