Suthsexe Arc trophy glitched?

nrs1nrs1

Hi all, my brother @ars1ars1 was starting this game recently and was following the story path to "free my crew" very early in the game. He headshotted a guy guarding a gate and the trophy "Calling in a Favor" popped. Looking at the description this is most likely a later story trophy that wasn't supposed to pop until later. I know this game has a ton of bugs and issues currently but has anyone else experienced this? I can also attach the trophy screenshot of the moment if need be. Thanks.

Edited by nrs1nrs1

18 minutes ago, KennethMcCormick said:

He’s not alone. Here’s the link to the club:

Lol thanks so much for the quick reply, he’s afraid to keep playing since he doesn’t encounter many bugs in the games he plays. Glad to know he’s not the only one!

The issue with the "Calling in a Favor" and "Is there anybody out there?" trophies should have been fixed by the 1.1.0 update.

In terms of some trophies not automatically popping - those are typically the ones where you need to complete something to achieve them, e.g. destroy ten curse symbols. After you destroy the next one, it should pop up.

Edited by anxietycrossing

12 minutes ago, anxietycrossing said:

The issue with the "Calling in a Favor" and "Is there anybody out there?" trophies should have been fixed by the 1.1.0 update.

Perhaps, but with the former it was not.

They look to be story-related trophies and it should not have unlocked for me as the second overall trophy while teaching someone in Fornburg how to shoot an arrow.

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

Perhaps, but with the former it was not.

They look to be story-related trophies and it should not have unlocked for me as the second overall trophy while teaching someone in Fornburg how to shoot an arrow.

"Calling in a Favor" is for completing the Suthsexe arc, which can be done at a varying time depending on your preference once unlocked. "Is there anybody out there?" is a misc trophy just for lighting the beacons on Hadrian's wall, so not story related. 

Hope the information helps :)

4 hours ago, anxietycrossing said:

"Calling in a Favor" is for completing the Suthsexe arc, which can be done at a varying time depending on your preference once unlocked. "Is there anybody out there?" is a misc trophy just for lighting the beacons on Hadrian's wall, so not story related. 

Hope the information helps :)

It doesn't. I understand that it can be done at any time, but I also imagine you have to reach a certain point in the game where it's no longer on rails and you can do whatever you want whenever you want.

The very beginning immediately after escaping Kjotve's clutches and going to see the Seer and Sigurd returning after two winters away and getting the hidden blade attachment (which happened for me after the trophy popped) seems scripted and pretty straight-forward, must be done before continuing on into the open-world part of the game. Doesn't exactly feel like that's a time when it should happen. 

Edited by Apollo

5 hours ago, Apollo said:

It doesn't. I understand that it can be done at any time, but I also imagine you have to reach a certain point in the game where it's no longer on rails and you can do whatever you want whenever you want.

The very beginning immediately after escaping Kjotve's clutches and going to see the Seer and Sigurd returning after two winters away and getting the hidden blade attachment (which happened for me after the trophy popped) seems scripted and pretty straight-forward, must be done before continuing on into the open-world part of the game. Doesn't exactly feel like that's a time when it should happen. 

The two trophies mentioned are both for actions completed in England, so they weren't meant to pop that early, as has already been said... my original comment was advising this issue is now fixed, and my one above told you when/where you're actually supposed to get them.

I'm not sure what else you need to know, but they're not missable trophies. One is part of the story, and one you can go get anytime once you're in England, so easy to do. The Suthsexe arc becomes available after you've been in England a while, but if you're blasting for story trophies, won't take too long to reach normally. 

Edited by anxietycrossing

1 hour ago, anxietycrossing said:

The two trophies mentioned are both for actions completed in England, so they weren't meant to pop that early, as has already been said... my original comment was advising this issue is now fixed, and my one above told you when/where you're actually supposed to get them.

I'm not sure what else you need to know, but they're not missable trophies. One is part of the story, and one you can go get anytime once you're in England, so easy to do. The Suthsexe arc becomes available after you've been in England a while, but if you're blasting for story trophies, won't take too long to reach normally. 

I understand that. But the point I've been getting at is the issue is not, in fact, fixed. I should not have unlocked "Calling in a Favor" last night at the point that I did, prior to receiving the hidden blade which so far has been a pretty scripted story element before I have the freedom to go about on my own path. 

Nothing about it being missable, just that it is still popping out of order as of my first post in this thread, lending another data point that correlates with the origin of this thread. At the very least, I feel like I probably should have unlocked To England! first after completing those criteria.

Edited by Apollo

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

I understand that. But the point I've been getting at is the issue is not, in fact, fixed. I should not have unlocked "Calling in a Favor" last night at the point that I did, prior to receiving the hidden blade which so far has been a pretty scripted story element before I have the freedom to go about on my own path. 

Nothing about it being missable, just that it is still popping out of order as of my first post in this thread, lending another data point that correlates with the origin of this thread. At the very least, I feel like I probably should have unlocked To England! first after completing those criteria.

If you have evidence of them wrongly unlocking then report them on the forums for Valhalla so it can be looked into again: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/

There's a thread for it already under the Player Support section. 

• 2 months later...