Blacksmith Ed Trophies

URBANmonkey

I've just finished my first ever playthrough of the game (after many, many deaths) and I realised that I had forgotten to give Blacksmith Ed the Searing Demons Soul so I never unlocked the Road To Possibilities Trophy.

I am just wondering if anybody knows whether I have screwed up majorly here or not? The reason I ask is because there is also another Blacksmith Ed Trophy for the Northern Regalai weapon.

Can I still give him the Searing Demon and unlock Road to Possibilities and still be able to hand him over the 3 items for the Regaila / Legacy of the Kings Trophy???

They're not linked in some weird way like he learns to do more advanced stuff in the next playthrough because you gave him the Searing Soul etc are they??

A 3rd playthrough would destroy me is all haha :(

Thanks!

the northern regalia is a weapon you make from old king allants soul, and the demonbrandt and soulbrandt. you gotta get the mausoleum key from ostrava, kill old king doran by pushing him down the tower and get the sword and rings, then the final sword part is from the end boss under the nexus.

it's complicated but there is a in depth step by step guide. on this site.. also unless your build is decent ng+ is going to be a serious pain. but aslong as you haven't spent boss souls on anything or used them for the souls. you'll be ok since you do need two playthroughs.

if you plan on getting foe's ring and ally's ring in one playthrough, make sure you get a +10 winged spear and don't modif it in anyway, you need a pure physical dmg only weapon to kill the black phantoms / vendors in order to get the character tendancy for the two rings.

also when you do mephistopholes questline make sure you go slowly through her dialogue choosing yes, and make sure you only kill the target you're given.

12 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

if you plan on getting foe's ring and ally's ring in one playthrough, make sure you get a +10 winged spear and don't modif it in anyway, you need a pure physical dmg only weapon to kill the black phantoms / vendors in order to get the character tendancy for the two rings.

also when you do mephistopholes questline make sure you go slowly through her dialogue choosing yes, and make sure you only kill the target you're given.

He already has done the mephistopheles quest, has all rings, and basically all the trophies except for the ones he asked about. And even if that weren't the case, suggesting that you need to play through the game with one specific weapon is ridiculous overkill. People are making this platinum out to be way more complicated than it is.

• Like 1

the winged spear is great for cheesing the difficulty of phantoms and not kiling your chances of missing out on pwct i killed 4/5 bps in playthrough 1 with dragon long sword and only 1 of them actually registered even though the sword has no dot. and I ended up going through ng+ killing the bps again and it unlocked after 4 so god knows what went wrong first time, but  i just melee'd them, figured it could save people time.

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Just remember TC that for Ed to ACCEPT the soul, I believe u need to defeat Flamelurker on THAT playthrough.... 

Just in case u are wondering why he isnt accepting ur Searing Soul from NG ;)

This is correct. You need to have the Searing Demon Soul on that specific playthrough for Ed to craft boss weapons / Northern Regalia. If you have the weapons in NG+ you'll need to defeat Flamelurker again and give him the soul on that playthrough.

• Like 1