Share your favorite Video Game intros/openings

Adsor_

Persona 5

The OG opening is a literal work of art, don't get me started on Royal's awful intro... Anyways when I saw this intro, I was blown away! The combination of the song and just how stylish the intro is instantly had me hooked to the game, and I knew I was in for an incredible experience. For the longest time, Chrono Trigger was my favorite JRPG, but Persona 5 has surpassed it in my eyes.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 07.07.2023 at 1:46 AM, reaperveteran86 said:

Very good pick. I haven't played the game, but even I know this intro. Such great animation.

The latest one for me is Parasite Eve. 

Yes, it's just cutscenes cut together into one video with the music slapped on top, but it comes together very well. Good editing is an underappreciated art. 

I'll also add the opera scene since it's the very beginning if the game, and is associated with the intro part for me.

Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts have been mentioned a few times already, but I want to single out the Kingdom Hearts 2 opening cinematic. Hikaru Utada's amazing song is complemented by great CGI visuals, just one great shot after another that can easily be turned into nice looking GIFs. The intro reminds you what you've been through, sets up the new game, and shows cool stuff in between. The biggest achievement though is how well it carries the emotion. 

Edit:

Can these two topics be merged? 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1