I'm Looking For A Turn-Based Game To Play

MrTacoNinja

3 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I suggest, dear sir, that you start on page 1 and read through everything again. Read slowly and carefully because clearly you missed several of my posts where I talked positively of a game and/or showed a piqued interestI'm not trashing anyone's suggestions. I'm simply stating my opinion on the suggested game. I value people's suggestions and I'm very thankful that there are so many helpful people on this site willing to take time out from what they're doing to help... unlike yourself who apparently just wants to talk shit and offer nothing of importance. Kicks rocks dude if all you're going to do is chime in with irrelevant comments. 

?

I swear I wasn't expecting you to be triggered this way. Guess you're too sensitive to handle a harmless joke.

Judging by the people liking my post, maybe you should read the whole thread again, bub.

Meanwhile, just chill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I swear I wasn't expecting you to be triggered this way. Guess you're too sensitive to handle a harmless joke.

It has nothing to do with me being sensitive and everything to do with someone (you) trying to hijack a forum with nonsense... nonsense that wasn't even accurate to boot! But I'll extend an olive branch to you: I thought you were popping shit (it came across that way to me obviously) so my bad.

Judging by the people liking my post, maybe you should read the whole thread again, bub.

I don't have to... bub. I'm not the one saying that someone's shitting on everyone's suggestions (while at the same time offering nothing of relevance to the topic).

There were a couple of suggested games that I was strongly opposed to. A COUPLE. But I guess a couple translates to "everyone's"? Hm. Ya got me stumped there on how that one works. And what does people liking your post have to do with anything? Just because they liked it doesn't mean you're right.

I'll quote myself from earlier in case you somehow missed it:  I'm not trashing anyone's suggestions. I'm simply stating my opinion on the suggested game. Now if I were to say something along the lines of "that suggestions sucks" or "your suggestion is stupid" than, yes, I'd definitely have to agree with you. But there's a difference between that and what I did so therefore you're anything but right here (based off the assumption that you think you're right because others liked a post?).

Meanwhile, just chill.

I'm fine. Listen, I have no problems with you nor is it my intentions to argue back and forth. Maybe next time chose your words a bit differently or not joke with another member with whom you don't even know. Now... are we dropping this or shall we continue on and completely derail this thread? I'd like to get back on track so climb aboard.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
Fixed a spelling mistake and changed a word.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:42 PM, guy who says bruh said:

Wasteland 2 DC. Absolutely recommended, especially if you fan of Fallout 1 or 2.

Like I said before, unless there was a recent patch to address the ton of issues this game's plagued with all the research I've done over the years has shown me that the problems have completely ruined this game for a lot of people. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

5 hours ago, Void said:

Holy crap. Fantastic find, wow! Thanks man. Is the entire list PS4?

4 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

Would Natural Doctrine be in the right vein of what your looking for?

Nah. I've researched that game in the past. Thank you though.

On 1/1/2021 at 0:59 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

Holy crap. Fantastic find, wow! Thanks man. Is the entire list PS4?

Forgot about 1 gem that the list reminded me of - Skulls of the Shogun

A lot of fun, it was free for ps+ some years back and also had hotseat mp so you could play with friends.

Check that one out - should tick most boxes

8 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

Forgot about 1 gem that the list reminded me of - Skulls of the Shogun

A lot of fun, it was free for ps+ some years back and also had hotseat mp so you could play with friends.

Check that one out - should tick most boxes

I'm shocked that Rainbow Skies isn't on that list. Rainbow Moon is. I believe I've researched Skulls of the Shogun before. I forget why I passed on it. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 5:05 AM, visighost said:

Fun, simple indies on grids: Braveland Trilogy and Spaceland. I really enjoyed Steamworld Heist as well.

Yeah, both of these are currently 75% off in the US store. I’m curious how you liked Spaceland. Is it a hard 100%, or a hard-but-enjoyable 100%? A strange thing is that Braveland Trilogy is rated three stars. Spaceland looks almost identical in gameplay mechanics and graphics quality, yet has a 4.5 star rating. Does anyone know why? The other Ellada Games release, Niffelheim, also has a 4.5 star rating but looks to be significantly different in tone, graphics, and gameplay. I love finding indie studios that crush it (Asobo Studios with A Plague Tale: Innocence).

2 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Yeah, both of these are currently 75% off in the US store. I’m curious how you liked Spaceland. Is it a hard 100%, or a hard-but-enjoyable 100%? A strange thing is that Braveland Trilogy is rated three stars. Spaceland looks almost identical in gameplay mechanics and graphics quality, yet has a 4.5 star rating. Does anyone know why? The other Ellada Games release, Niffelheim, also has a 4.5 star rating but looks to be significantly different in tone, graphics, and gameplay. I love finding indie studios that crush it (Asobo Studios with A Plague Tale: Innocence).

Spaceland reminded me of an old Amiga Warhammer 40k top-down strategy game. It and Braveland are actually quite different. I mean, they're both turn-based, and there is some character skill progression, but Spaceland is closer to a tactical rpg? I stopped playing Spaceland, but that's just... something I do? I'll get back to it eventually. Neither are too hard, but Spaceland sort of requires you to replay missions in order to meet all trophy requirements, whereas you can't replay them on Braveland and have to slowly progress. I'd argue it's a bit harder. At the end of the day, I'd recommend both if your budget allows it! I bought Niffelheim (and Dread Nautical) a while back but haven't tried them yet...

On 3/20/2021 at 0:21 PM, visighost said:

Spaceland reminded me of an old Amiga Warhammer 40k top-down strategy game. It and Braveland are actually quite different. Neither are too hard, but Spaceland sort of requires you to replay missions in order to meet all trophy requirements, whereas you can't replay them on Braveland and have to slowly progress. I'd argue it's a bit harder.

Thanks for getting back to me, but I’m confused. Which one is “a bit harder”: Spaceland or Braveland Trilogy? I bit the bullet and bought Spaceland yesterday. With Tropico 5, Civilization VI, XCOM 2, and fifteen other indie RTS titles on the back burner I won’t buy Braveland Trilogy today. Thanks for responding!

On 1/2/2021 at 0:55 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

I'm shocked that Rainbow Skies isn't on that list. Rainbow Moon is. I believe I've researched Skulls of the Shogun before. I forget why I passed on it. 

I tried Skulls of the Shogun on an alt account and wasn’t impressed. It was cartoony, but not funny. The learning curve seemed steep for a game that marketed itself as silly and humorous. I don’t know if you’ve ever played Guts and Glory (not an RTS title), but it had a similar conflict. There is nothing worse than a “fun(ny) game” that becomes neither fun nor funny when the developers start to take themselves too seriously. The challenges in both games were frustratingly difficult. Phantom Doctrine, on the other hand, was an interesting RTS title I would like to return to in the future.