Hardest Platinum Trophies PS3/PS4/PS5

LancashireLad87

Having scoured the internet I find myself more confused than ever before therefore I decided to create this thread to allow players to voice their opinions on the hardest obtainable platinum trophies for each console generation. I would appreciate if people would leave their suggestions/recommendations below, including their reasoning behind each game. Obviously difficulty is 'extremely subjective' so please respect each others opinions whether you agree with them or not. If I missed a genre please let me know so I can update the post. If anyone wishes to test themselves against the hardest game/s of a genre this will be the place to go!

I will update the post periodically with your nominations and would appreciate it if you could list the games genre. There are a few pre-requisites that I would like to state below;

• Platinum/100% must be obtainable
  • Any genre or sub genre is welcome
  • Preferably all games should have a Physical release  

To get the ball rolling, I will list a few games I've had the displeasure of attempting :)

PlayStation 3

Role Playing

Tactical JRPG - Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice (If your unfamiliar with the genre this game will kick your arse! It has an incredibly steep learning curve that takes no small degree of time and effort to understand. There's so much mechanical depth and strategy to Disgaea that will keep you on your toes. For the 100% there are a lot of luck-based trophies particularly the pirate trophies within the item world. The most difficult trophy to achieve is the Reverse Viking Trophy which requires you to throw all innocents and treasure chests on to your pirate ship whilst reverse pirating in 3 turns, if you defeat all of the enemies your ship will set sail prematurely.) 

Turn Based JRPG - Mugen Souls (For PS3 turn based RPGs, I'd definitely say Mugen Souls.  600-800 hour plat with a ton of grinding, and that's if you do it right and get lucky.  It can easily top 1000 hours if you're not lucky or don't follow a guide to help with efficient farming  It tops Star Ocean 4 for sheer length and actually is reasonably challenging according to what I've heard about it along with being insanely long.)

Action JRPG - Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope (Without question one of the longest platinum trophies you can obtain, not only do you have to complete multiple playthroughs but you also need to earn all 900 battle trophies and open all chests in a single playthrough, meaning if you miss one, your screwed.)  

JMMORPG -

Sandbox J -

Tactical WRPG -

Turn Based WRPG -

Action WRPG -

WMMORPG -

Sandbox W -

Rogue-like -

Shooters

Arcade Shooter -

First Person Shooter -

Third Person Shooter - Vanquish (Do I have to explain why this game is so difficult, okay, I've got two words for you 'Tactical Challenger' need I say anymore!)

Rail Shooter - Time Crisis Raging Storm

Racing

Simulation -

Arcade -

Kart - 

Sport -

Fighting

3D Fighter - Dead or Alive 5 (Doing 1000 online matches is already bad enough, sure it's easy if you have a dedicated boosting partner or 2 PS3's and 2 copies of the game but clearing all courses of survival will truly test your limits and your patience.)

2D Fighter - Persona 4 Arena (What can I say having to clear all 390 combo challenges is one thing having to clear score attack with EVERY character is insane, best of luck to anyone who has the guts to try.)

Ultra Street Fighter 4 (This is another contender for the throne, you need to clear all 840 combo challenges which is a daunting task in itself, with a lot of them requiring 1-frame links. Then you have to rank EVERY character to Rank C online which unless you boost with someone or you have 2 PS3's and 2 copies of the game your going to have a hard time finding anyone on your skill level. Then you need to defeat Gouken on the Hardest difficulty and clear Arcade with EVERY character on the hardest difficulty! Good luck with that!)

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (It's no surprise that fighting games are very difficult to complete hence why there's so many to choose from. UMVC3 requires you to clear EVERY combo challenge all 480 of them. Then you have the online to worry about and some other difficult trophies like completing Arcade on the hardest difficulty.)

King of Fighters 13 (I've personally played this and let me tell you this is definitely a contender! You need to defeat 35 opponents consecutively in Survival mode, if you get hit by a level 3 super say goodbye to half of your life! Clearing time attack with 30 characters is no cakewalk either then we save the best for last. Clearing 200 combo challenges, if they had you clear every one for a trophy, very few would complete this to 100%.)

Arena -

Rhythm

Guitar Hero Van Halen (Unless your a Guitar Hero God, good luck 5 starring every song on EVERY instrument Guitar, Bass, Vocals and Drums on the hardest difficulty.)

Platformer

2D Platformer -

3D Platformer - Mirror's Edge (Let's face it the majority of gamers don't like racing against the clock, Mirror's Edge makes you do that on every chapter! and you have to earn all the stars in time trial mode which is easier said than done if you suck at 3D platformers like me. Don't judge me :)

Action Adventure

Survival Horror

Strategy

Real Time - 

Beat Em Ups

Sengoku Basara Samurai Hereos (200+ hour plat with a lot of grinding and playing on hard is actually reasonably challenging.  One trophy also requires beating story mode on hard with your default weapon and no accessories as well, which is quite a feat even with a max level character.) Suggested by ladynadiad

Hack n Slash

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - (Naturally there will always be players who can destroy the achievements whilst the rest of us mortals struggle. Since you need to clear the game at least 7 times and clear all 35 missions which requires a competent online partner or 2 PS3's your in for a rough time.)

Stealth

Metal Gear Solid 4 (The majority of gamers are not going to play through a game 7-8 times for a trophy unless its one of their favourites or they're motivated! The real breaker here looks to be earning all 40 of the games Emblems for a trophy, the hardest of which is called Big Boss which sounds very intimidating!)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (Arguably the hardest Stealth game on the PS3, MGS2 Sons of Liberty requires you to complete the game a minimum of 5 times, collect all the dog tags and probably the worst requirement is clearing all the VR and AR missions which there are over 500 of in total!)

Simulation

Shmups

Puzzle

PlayStation 4

Role Playing

Tactical JRPG -

Turn Based JRPG -

Action JRPG - 

JMMORPG -

Sandbox W -

Tactical WRPG -

Turn Based WRPG -

Action WRPG -

WMMORPG -

Sandbox W -

Rogue-like -

Shooters

Arcade Shooter -

First Person Shooter - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus requires you to beat Mein Leben which is playing the entire game on the hardest setting without dying once.

Third Person Shooter -

Rail Shooter -

Racing

Simulation - Assetto Corsa (Think of this game as the GT5 equivalent on PS4, very few players have finished this game to 100% which is probably down to a few trophies more specifically golding EVERY special event, if these are anything like the Red Bull challenges in GT5 this will be the reason why this game is 0.23% rare.)

Arcade - Wipeout Omega Collection (Having played a fair amount of Wipeout HD on the PS3, I'm confident that this game would make the cut. You have to once again beat Zico's lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass Forward and you need to clear the game on Elite difficulty on 3 different campaigns HD, Fury and 2048. There are a few online trophies but these are easily boost-able.)

Kart - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (Hard difficulty is a test in itself but defeating Oxide's ghost on 31 tracks for a newcomer to the series is not going to be easy. If you had to obtain the 'Ultimate Flex' for a trophy then this game would be completed by very few players. A platinum player will have 2 pieces of the ultimate flex which are as follows; Dr N Tropy as a playable character and the legendary skin Digital N Tropy. These are the EASIEST pieces of the puzzle to unlock, the rest of the set are the Relic Platinum Paint job, Champion Kart, Velo Champion Decal and the Master Wheels! I would argue that the ultimate flex is one of the most difficult things to achieve in gaming!)

Sport -

Fighting

3D Fighter -

2D Fighter - Street Fighter 5 (From the looks of it the hardest trophy in the game requires you to reach Gold League online, this takes 4000 League Points to achieve, if this isn't boost-able then your in for a rough time unless your very good at fighting games.) 

Arena -

Rhythm

Crypt of the NecroDancer (After doing some research, at the moment you can only play this game digitally, however the game will be released physically on PlayStation 4 in February 2021. According to google this is a Rogue-like Rhythm game that very few people will complete, making the trophy set arguably the most challenging on the PS4.) 

Platformer

2D Platformer - Super Meat Boy (Not sure what the hardest trophies are but I'm pretty sure clearing each level without dying makes the platinum unobtainable for the majority of gamers, only the truly dedicated will finish this one.)

Crash Bandicoot 4 (Not sure if this is classified correctly but the trophies are no joke on this one. You have to earn EVERY single gem in EVERY level on both normal and inverted mode. Then you have to earn a Platinum Relic on EVERY stage. If you somehow get through all that, complete all flashback tapes and earn an N-Sanely Perfect Relic on EVERY stage. To do so you need to complete each level without dying, destroy all the boxes and not die once. Best of luck to anyone who tries this one.)

Splasher (Very limited Physical releases)

3D Platformer -

Action Adventure

Survival Horror

Strategy

Real Time - 

Beat Em Ups

Hack n Slash

Devil May Cry 5 (Without question one of the best hack and slash games I have ever played. The platinum trophy is very difficult to achieve even with CHEESE strategies since you need to earn an S Rank on every difficulty and chapter with the exception of Heaven and Hell. This means you need to earn 105 S Ranks, yeah, good luck with that!)

Stealth

Simulation

Shmups

Ikaruga (Arguably the hardest shoot-em-up platinum in existence since you need to earn an SS Rank on every chapter, yeah good luck with that one.) Very limited Physical copies!

Puzzle

Tetris Effect (You pretty much have to be a badass at Tetris to ever platinum that game. It takes hours and hours of practice to get SS ranks across the board, and then you probably need to grind another several hours to get to level 100 and spin tetrominos before popping the platinum. I bet most players spend 200-300 hours earning the platinum and unfortunately, watching a video won't get this one done for you. It's all skill.) Thanks to Beyondthegrave

PlayStation 5

Role Playing

Tactical JRPG -

Turn Based JRPG -

Action JRPG -

JMMORPG -

Sandbox W -

Tactical WRPG -

Turn Based WRPG -

Action WRPG -

WMMORPG -

Sandbox W -

Rogue-like -

Shooters

Arcade Shooter -

First Person Shooter -

Third Person Shooter -

Rail Shooter -

Racing

Simulation -

Arcade -

Kart -

Sport -

Fighting

3D Fighter -

2D Fighter -

Arena -

Rhythm

Platformer

2D Platformer -

3D Platformer -

Action Adventure

Survival Horror

Strategy

Real Time - 

Beat Em Ups

Hack n Slash

Stealth

Simulation

Shmups

Puzzle

PlayStation Vita

Role Playing

Tactical JRPG - Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (For tactical RPG I'd recommend Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters. It's another one where a good amount of the difficulty is from the lack of explanation on mechanics, but this one also is a bit tricky because the enemies are so unpredictable. The trophy guide on here for the game also doesn't do anything to help with some of the hardest trophies either.)

Turn Based JRPG - Exist Archive (For turn based RPG I'd recommend Exist Archive.The game doesn't explain its mechanics well, so it really takes some effort on the player's part to get down the strategy and even with that some of the battles can be tough. The speedruns are definitely a challenge, even more so on the Vita because you have to evade a known issue with crashing that affects one's ability to use the most effective strategy for them. It's definitely the sort of game that requires the player to gain a decent level of skill to make the plat doable and the lack of information and guides on it doesn't make that as easy as it could be.)

Action JRPG - Ys Origin (For action RPG on Vita, I'd recommend Ys Origin. The trophies for beating nightmare boss rush and all arena levels on nightmare are pretty tricky and definitely require some patience to learn the patterns well even with the easiest character to learn them on. On top of that you have a minimum requirement of six playthroughs, three of which have to be on the hardest difficulty.)

JMMORPG -

Sandbox W -

Tactical WRPG -

Turn Based WRPG -

Action WRPG -

WMMORPG -

Sandbox W -

Rogue-like -

Shooters

Arcade Shooter -

First Person Shooter -

Third Person Shooter -

Rail Shooter -

Racing

Simulation -

Arcade -

Kart -

Sport -

Fighting

3D Fighter -

2D Fighter -

Arena -

Rhythm

Platformer

2D Platformer -

3D Platformer -

Action Adventure

Muramasa Rebirth (Muramasa Rebirth, but it definitely belongs in there. Maybe action adventure?  Truly it's closer to a metroidvania overall.  But what makes it a challenging plat is fury difficulty.  In fury difficulty you have 1 HP no matter how much grinding is done so you have to do no damage runs for everything. The plat requires getting all endings on fury difficulty with both characters and the 100% requires it for all the DLCs too.)

Survival Horror

Strategy

Real Time - 

Beat Em Ups

Hack n Slash

Stealth

Simulation

Shmups

Puzzle

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1

If Tetris Effect counts for "arcade," I think it belongs on the list for PS4. You pretty much have to be a badass at Tetris to ever platinum that game. It takes hours and hours of practice to get SS ranks across the board, and then you probably need to grind another several hours to get to level 100 and spin tetrominos before popping the platinum. I bet most players spend 200-300 hours earning the platinum and unfortunately, watching a video won't get this one done for you. It's all skill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If Tetris Effect counts for "arcade," I think it belongs on the list for PS4. You pretty much have to be a badass at Tetris to ever platinum that game. It takes hours and hours of practice to get SS ranks across the board, and then you probably need to grind another several hours to get to level 100 and spin tetrominos before popping the platinum. I bet most players spend 200-300 hours earning the platinum and unfortunately, watching a video won't get this one done for you. It's all skill.

That sounds hard as balls, I will add it to the list. Isn't Tetris more of a puzzle game than anything else? 

For PS3 turn based RPGs, I'd definitely say Mugen Souls.  600-800 hour plat with a ton of grinding, and that's if you do it right and get lucky.  It can easily top 1000 hours if you're not lucky or don't follow a guide to help with efficient farming  It tops Star Ocean 4 for sheer length and actually is reasonably challenging according to what I've heard about it along with being insanely long.

And unless there is another better choice for PS3, Star Ocean 4 can also be listed for PS3 since it's got a trophy list for PS3 and PS4.  Personally I'd be more inclined to give it to the PS3 and have the PS4 action RPG be something else rather than have repeats.

For PS3 Beat Em Up, I'd say Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.  200+ hour plat with a lot of grinding and playing on hard is actually reasonably challenging.  One trophy also requires beating story mode on hard with your default weapon and no accessories as well, which is quite a feat even with a max level character.

Also, why no Vita?  The Vita has some great challenging games such as Muramasa Rebirth

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

For PS3 turn based RPGs, I'd definitely say Mugen Souls.  600-800 hour plat with a ton of grinding, and that's if you do it right and get lucky.  It can easily top 1000 hours if you're not lucky or don't follow a guide to help with efficient farming  It tops Star Ocean 4 for sheer length and actually is reasonably challenging according to what I've heard about it along with being insanely long.

And unless there is another better choice for PS3, Star Ocean 4 can also be listed for PS3 since it's got a trophy list for PS3 and PS4.  Personally I'd be more inclined to give it to the PS3 and have the PS4 action RPG be something else rather than have repeats.

For PS3 Beat Em Up, I'd say Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.  200+ hour plat with a lot of grinding and playing on hard is actually reasonably challenging.  One trophy also requires beating story mode on hard with your default weapon and no accessories as well, which is quite a feat even with a max level character.

Also, why no Vita?  The Vita has some great challenging games such as Muramasa Rebirth

Thank you for the information, I will add your recommendations to the original post. i didn't include PS Vita because I don't own a PS Vita and since it's a handheld I thought the majority of players wouldn't have played many games on the system since they would normally spend their time playing on PS3/PS4. I will add a PS Vita section so feel free to suggest games for that as well. 

46 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Thank you for the information, I will add your recommendations to the original post. i didn't include PS Vita because I don't own a PS Vita and since it's a handheld I thought the majority of players wouldn't have played many games on the system since they would normally spend their time playing on PS3/PS4. I will add a PS Vita section so feel free to suggest games for that as well. 

Believe it or not many actually have played a lot of games on Vita and some even prefer it over consoles.  The bigger issue would be more the Vita's lack of exclusives but at the same time that could give some challenging games a chance to shine when they'd be overshadowed by other games on consoles.

I admit, not sure what category to give Muramasa Rebirth, but it definitely belongs in there.  Maybe action adventure?  Truly it's closer to a metroidvania overall.  But what makes it a challenging plat is fury difficulty.  In fury difficulty you have 1 HP no matter how much grinding is done so you have to do no damage runs for everything.  The plat requires getting all endings on fury difficulty with both characters and the 100% requires it for all the DLCs too.

For action RPG on Vita, I'd recommend Ys Origin.  The trophies for beating nightmare boss rush and all arena levels on nightmare are pretty tricky and definitely require some patience to learn the patterns well even with the easiest character to learn them on.  On top of that you have a minimum requirement of six playthroughs, three of which have to be on the hardest difficulty.

For turn based RPG I'd recommend Exist Archive.  The game doesn't explain its mechanics well, so it really takes some effort on the player's part to get down the strategy and even with that some of the battles can be tough.  The speedruns are definitely a challenge, even more so on the Vita because you have to evade a known issue with crashing that affects one's ability to use the most effective strategy for them.  It's definitely the sort of game that requires the player to gain a decent level of skill to make the plat doable and the lack of information and guides on it doesn't make that as easy as it could be.

For tactical RPG I'd recommend Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.  It's another one where a good amount of the difficulty is from the lack of explanation on mechanics, but this one also is a bit tricky because the enemies are so unpredictable.  The trophy guide on here for the game also doesn't do anything to help with some of the hardest trophies either.

• Like 1

Crypt of the Necrodancer is certainly in the top 3 most hardest platinums of all time. Takes people 700 - 1000+ hours to finish, is extremely RNG dependent, requires an insane amount of skill and is typically a game only the most hardcore and dedicated of trophy hunters would even try to attempt. Because of that, @Floriiss and @SlimSanta94 get my utmost respect. I don't think I'd ever have it in me to finish this game.

The hardest platinums in my opinion are games that are incredibly niche. They're not AAA games like Battlefield: Bad Company 1, Call of Duty: World at War and so forth. AAA games in the PS4 and PS5 generations are so easy at this point that virtually any trophy hunter can earn that platinum if they put in some time. Of course there are exceptions, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus requires you to beat Mein Leben which is playing the entire game on the hardest setting without dying once. Red Dead Redemption 2 requires you to score gold on at least 70 story missions, some of which are rather difficult, as well as a lot of grinding. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and Black Ops 4 both require a fair degree of skill and a lot of dedication as they are quite long. But for the most part, in the mainstream, PS4 and PS5 games in comparison to PS3 era games are far easier.

On the PS3 you had Raiden IV, which people regarded as one of the most difficult to earn a platinum. Time Crisis: Raging Storm and Lost Planet 2 are certainly up there as well. Those are all worthy candidates. Stuff like Dark Souls isn't even valid, sure some people regard it as hard, but there are exploits and overleveling to where much of the game becomes almost trivial.

For the PS4 you have Nuclear Throne, Ikaruga, Splasher, Super Rude Bear Resurrection, Super Meat Boy and of course Crypt of the Necrodancer. None of these games apart from Super Meat Boy and Necrodancer are really all too well known. The hard games generally only attract a very niche audience, so the trophy rarities aren't really a good representative for how difficult the games actually are. You might be able to throw Tetris Effect on this list, fairly well known among long time Tetris fans but not too well known outside of them.

A number of hard games from the PS4 era going forward are more popular on Steam. For some games I had to look up guides on Steam as there is a general lack of information here on PSNP. Super Meat Boy and Crypt should certainly belong on any list of hard platinums, but there are more games with a hard challenge that many people here just overlook, because of the fact they are incredibly niche.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spaz said:

Crypt of the Necrodancer is certainly in the top 3 most hardest platinums of all time. Takes people 700 - 1000+ hours to finish, is extremely RNG dependent, requires an insane amount of skill and is typically a game only the most hardcore and dedicated of trophy hunters would even try to attempt. Because of that, @Floriiss and @SlimSanta94 get my utmost respect. I don't think I'd ever have it in me to finish this game.

The hardest platinums in my opinion are games that are incredibly niche. They're not AAA games like Battlefield: Bad Company 1, Call of Duty: World at War and so forth. AAA games in the PS4 and PS5 generations are so easy at this point that virtually any trophy hunter can earn that platinum if they put in some time. Of course there are exceptions, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus requires you to beat Mein Leben which is playing the entire game on the hardest setting without dying once. Red Dead Redemption 2 requires you to score gold on at least 70 story missions, some of which are rather difficult, as well as a lot of grinding. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and Black Ops 4 both require a fair degree of skill and a lot of dedication as they are quite long. But for the most part, in the mainstream, PS4 and PS5 games in comparison to PS3 era games are far easier.

On the PS3 you had Raiden IV, which people regarded as one of the most difficult to earn a platinum. Time Crisis: Raging Storm and Lost Planet 2 are certainly up there as well. Those are all worthy candidates. Stuff like Dark Souls isn't even valid, sure some people regard it as hard, but there are exploits and overleveling to where much of the game becomes almost trivial.

For the PS4 you have Nuclear Throne, Ikaruga, Splasher, Super Rude Bear Resurrection, Super Meat Boy and of course Crypt of the Necrodancer. None of these games apart from Super Meat Boy and Necrodancer are really all too well known. The hard games generally only attract a very niche audience, so the trophy rarities aren't really a good representative for how difficult the games actually are. You might be able to throw Tetris Effect on this list, fairly well known among long time Tetris fans but not too well known outside of them.

A number of hard games from the PS4 era going forward are more popular on Steam. For some games I had to look up guides on Steam as there is a general lack of information here on PSNP. Super Meat Boy and Crypt should certainly belong on any list of hard platinums, but there are more games with a hard challenge that many people here just overlook, because of the fact they are incredibly niche.

Thanks for the information, I will only add the games that fit the criteria I wrote in my original post as Lost Planet 2 is unobtainable as far as I'm aware, if I'm mistaken I will add it. Raiden 4 and Super Rude Bear Resurrection don't have a physical release. It's possible to get a physical copy of Ikaruga and Splasher but they're extremely limited releases, especially Ikaruga unless you shell out over 140 US dollars. As far as Crypt of the Necrodancer is concerned a physical release is due out this February which is why it's included. 

As for Dark Souls, it's definitely more lenient then the other games you and others have mentioned if Demon's Souls was anything to go by, for me it's more trial and error. Sure you can over level but if your gear isn't up to par your not going to be destroying shit. In my opinion gear is more important than level in soul games, for instance a level 100 character with un-optimised stat distribution and a poor weapon choice would be far inferior to a level 50 character with better optimisation and weapon choice.

But you could put that down to better preparation and build creation, especially in Demon's Souls since your unable to respec your character in the traditional sense unless you constantly de-level by getting grabbed over and over again by False King Allant.  

7 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

As for Dark Souls, it's definitely more lenient then the other games you and others have mentioned if Demon's Souls was anything to go by, for me it's more trial and error. Sure you can over level but if your gear isn't up to par your not going to be destroying shit. In my opinion gear is more important than level in soul games, for instance a level 100 character with un-optimised stat distribution and a poor weapon choice would be far inferior to a level 50 character with better optimisation and weapon choice.

But you could put that down to better preparation and build creation, especially in Demon's Souls since your unable to respec your character in the traditional sense unless you constantly de-level by getting grabbed over and over again by False King Allant.  

Dark Souls is easier since you don’t need to worry about Character/World Tendency bullcrap, and you can pay someone to reset the status of aggroed NPCs if you accidentally hit them. 

There is literally over a thousand guides covering all different kinds of builds and stat specialization. It is possible to beat Dark Souls on SL 1, people have done it and posted their playthrough on YouTube. So while you can make the game really challenging, you can also make the game trivial by leveling up your character and using good equipment suited for your class. 

Dark Souls, one of the best and most memorable games in the past decade. But the difficulty overall is overrated.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Dark Souls is easier since you don’t need to worry about Character/World Tendency bullcrap, and you can pay someone to reset the status of aggroed NPCs if you accidentally hit them. 

There is literally over a thousand guides covering all different kinds of builds and stat specialization. It is possible to beat Dark Souls on SL 1, people have done it and posted their playthrough on YouTube. So while you can make the game really challenging, you can also make the game trivial by leveling up your character and using good equipment suited for your class. 

Dark Souls, one of the best and most memorable games in the past decade. But the difficulty overall is overrated.

Yes the world and character tendency is unique to Demon's Souls and is definitely another layer of depth and strategy which the other games lacked. Sure you can look at guides on how to create your build but I chose to play the game without looking at a guide. I already agree with the games difficulty being overhyped, as I previously stated the game is trial and error in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people have beat all the soul games at level 1, I'm sure if I wanted to, I would be able to do it as well. 

Edited by LancashireLad87

1 minute ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Yes the world and character tendency is unique to Demon's Souls and is definitely another layer of depth and strategy which the other games lacked. Sure you can look at guides on how to create your build but I chose to play the game without looking at a guide. I already agree with the games difficulty being overhyped, as I previously stated the game is trial and error in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people have beat all the soul games at level 1, I'm sure if I wanted to, I would be able to do it as well. 

Agree. I haven't seen much Demon's Souls on the PS5 other than a few random Twitch streamers playing the game so I don't know how it compares with the PS3 original.

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Agree. I haven't seen much Demon's Souls on the PS5 other than a few random Twitch streamers playing the game so I don't know how it compares with the PS3 original.

From what I have seen the trophy list looks slightly easier on the PS5 because they removed all the upgrade a weapon via whatever stone trophies which includes the legendary Pure Bladestone which had a 1 in 200 drop rate on the PS3. You have to perform a few different tasks such as successfully rolling through the arrow machine in the first level of world 3 and some easy multiplayer trophies. Not sure if character and world tendency is still needed or not but since the game is fresh/brand new people are free to drop each other items which I didn't have the luxury of in PS3 since the servers were closed many years ago.

Have to agree about Absence of Justice. Totally thought I was on my way to the platinum and that reverse pirate trophy became impossible, even with video help.

What about Badland? It may not be harder than Crypt of the Necromancer, but it is harder than Super Meat Boy to platinum. Just the sheer fact it requires an equally good couch coop player to do makes it stand alone.

For racing under PS4 I definitely agree that Assetto Corsa is the hardest sim - the rarity actually reflects on the difficulty for that game imo. I haven’t played GT5 but have heard from others who’ve played both that Assetto is much harder, so that already says a lot.

For PS4 Racing Arcade I think Trackmania Turbo is miles harder than Wipeout Omega, so perhaps  Trackmania deserves that spot a little more - just my two cents to this interesting topic :)

Edited by Don_carlito94

I can speak on behalf of many VR games:

Farpoint VR (first person shooter): The challenge medals that necessitate three stars require you to be a better player than you likely are. Lots of trial and error to even get this done, in VR nonethenless.

Superhot VR (first person stationary shooter): You must beat the entire game in 10 minutes, complete the game without dying and other various difficult challenges, in VR

Sprint Vector VR (racing roller blade game): This is a physically taxing game, I go to the gym 2-3x a week and this game had me profusely sweating attempting the time challenges 

Knockout Leage VR (boxing game): Tough and difficult opponents. 

Battlezone VR (tank game)

2 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

For PS4 Racing Arcade I think Trackmania Turbo is miles harder than Wipeout Omega, so perhaps  Trackmania deserves that spot a little more - just my two cents to this interesting topic :)

Wipeout Omega is difficult, deserves to be in the discussion but Trackmania is way harder, if this is an all time list the n Trackmania for sure. 

To add one game that not too many know about and i'm guessing the category is also pretty bare in terms of games is Earth Defense Force 2 for the PSVita. 3rd person shooter category.

The reason i'd suggest this game is because the campaign is really difficult, i'd say barely impossible to complete without having either 1) a team of 4 people or 2) an insane amount of armour.

To give a bit of context, you can permanently boost your HP by farming, so the more you farm the more HP you have the easier missions are to complete. However the amount needed to finish the campaign solo is ridiculous and could take you quite a while to farm. Furthermore the AFK farming method is only doable with two psvita's.

Aside from that there are a couple other things that make it more annoying, weapon drop RNG, the fact you can't mix & match solo/online missions since you'll miss out of specific weapon drops etc. The fact that the game is pretty niche also doesn't help.

EDIT: i also saw Wipeout 2048 on the vita list - much like HD the online has shut down so you cannot get that platinum anymore

Edited by xZoneHunter

• 2 months later...

The most difficult platinum for a current-gen title I can think off where you have to be profusely skilled is DMC 5 for sure. You can't really cheese the S ranks on Hell and Hell. You have to get extremely good and even then, you must avoid getting hit. The amount of practice you need is way more than most are willing to put up with.

Out of all the people I know who own DMC5, no one has the platinum. Most gave up already on SoS, just a couple managed to beat DMD whilst only 1 on my friends list managed to beat H&H, didn't get the S ranks though. A real bummer to have one seemingly impossible trophy separating you from your so close, yet so far platinum. 

I'm currently going for the platinum, and only time will tell if I actually overcome this insane feat :) 

Edited by GamingNation2K

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but how about Gunducky Industries ++ for the shoot-em up type category?  Haven't played it myself but it seems super difficult after researching it a bit as you need to complete each level without taking any damage.  Looks like it was initially released a few years ago without a platinum as a 100% game but got a re-release earlier this year with an expanded trophy list.  I haven't read much comment on the new version but I've read several posts from those who've played the initial game and the opinion seems to be that it's super hard.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

e1ggrm1l.jpg

GTA IV A lot of multiplayer trophies and has very grindy trophies.

th?id=OIP.9ZdE23ynpvLMNwoKzn5NswHaBi&pid

Crypt of the necrodancer Almost every trophy in this game is extremely difficult.

th?id=OIP.fWBRrlqF_6LE_EffhrSDhgHaBm&pid

GTA V Very grindy trophies.

Edited by gamercris066